• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

It's Time.............................................................BEN Rotethlisberger to the rescue

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
On the Pat McAfee show, he suggested BEN become the OC for the STEELERS.

I'd be 100% on board with this. Ben has shown time and again that he is better than anything Matt O'Canada could do. I realize there is a jump from QB to OC but for as many years as BEN played, he definitely knows the ins and outs of OC. He could come up with better game plans and make adjustments on the fly, something O'Canada has proven incapable of.

Article is a decent read, but the Pat McAfee is very good too.

I doubt seriously that this would happen in time to save the season, but it's entertainment along the way.

Salute the nation

On the Pat McAfee show, he suggested BEN become the OC for the STEELERS.

I'd be 100% on board with this. Ben has shown time and again that he is better than anything Matt O'Canada could do. I realize there is a jump from QB to OC but for as many years as BEN played, he definitely knows the ins and outs of OC. He could come up with better game plans and make adjustments on the fly, something O'Canada has proven incapable of.

Article is a decent read, but the Pat McAfee is very good too.

I doubt seriously that this would happen in time to save the season, but it's entertainment along the way.

Salute the nation
He definitely still has a passion for Steeler football but as far as OC goes, personality I'd prefer he stick to taking care of family and entertaining us with his podcasts at least unto we have a head coaching change. This is a sinking ship and he'd go down with it.

QB coach? That's another animal and I'd be all for it at this point to help give him real coaching experience.

Once things change, he can be HC with Hines as OC. Harrison as DC.

There really hasn’t been a star QB turned coordinator in like 50 years… the closest was Hairball’s brother…

Peyton or Ben might be good at it but why would they try?

Ben was a great QB. But offensive genius...I don't know. I said in another thread in which a complaint was made that Ben wasn't allowed to audible by Canada...my buddies and I would laugh whenever Ben would audible. There'd be all this pointing, announcers saying he was audibling, you'd be getting all excited expecting a big play, and...not much. It never seemed to be much. We would joke about it.

There really hasn’t been a star QB turned coordinator in like 50 years… the closest was Hairball’s brother…

Peyton or Ben might be good at it but why would they try?
What? What about Leftwich?

Ben was a great QB. But offensive genius...I don't know. I said in another thread in which a complaint was made that Ben wasn't allowed to audible by Canada...my buddies and I would laugh whenever Ben would audible. There'd be all this pointing, announcers saying he was audibling, you'd be getting all excited expecting a big play, and...not much. It never seemed to be much. We would joke about it.
Running the no-huddle usually went well......especially during his last season. :oops:

Ben would be a horrible OC.
Third and short be empty set and FIVE WIDE *******!!! every time.

Don’t see it boys! First of all I don’t think Ben would come out of retirement for this. Looks like he’s enjoying his family so why give that up to spend an enormous amount of time away from them. Don’t see it!
I also don’t see Art II firing Canada in season. Not his style! If this thing gets really out of hand and Kenny is going backwards, yes then possibly but he’d probably have Tomlin just promote QB Coach Sullivan up to OC. I know, that sucks but that’s how they do things.

We're talking about the Steelers changing a coach in season? It's never going to happen. They'll need sustained catastrophic failure. Then they'll just not renew the contract at the end of the year.

I wonder how many fans will sell out their seats for this game?

Ben would be a horrible OC.
Third and short be empty set and FIVE WIDE *******!!! every time.
Lol probably but then again once someone said something similar about his audibling back in the Arians era and Ramon Foster claimed he audibled into more runs than passes… so who knows? Honestly is five wide on 3-1 any better than a pitchback to a guy standing ten yards behind the qb? 🤣🤣🤣

Don’t see it boys! First of all I don’t think Ben would come out of retirement for this. Looks like he’s enjoying his family so why give that up to spend an enormous amount of time away from them. Don’t see it!
I also don’t see Art II firing Canada in season. Not his style! If this thing gets really out of hand and Kenny is going backwards, yes then possibly but he’d probably have Tomlin just promote QB Coach Sullivan up to OC. I know, that sucks but that’s how they do things.

Yep but it is fun to think about it

The price of the admission ticket should equal the value of entertainment.

Salute the nation