• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jets Trading for Adams

That bodes ill for us Sunday night...
Just added this to another thread yeah I was hoping the Steelers would get him. Looks like they had the opportunity to outbid. Throw a second at them.

Oh well, one area I think Omar fell short.

Just added this to another thread yeah I was hoping the Steelers would get him. Looks like they had the opportunity to outbid. Throw a second at them.

We lucked out. Adams is a cancer

I didnt want that contract. I think Omar knows there are about to be other options on the market at more reasonable prices, but the timing here sucks..

At least it kept him away from the Bills, Chiefs, and Ravens...

If I read right, the Jets agreed to take on his whole contract. So maybe if the Steelers did bid higher with draft capital, they wanted the Raiders to pay some of his salary, and getting out from the salary was more important to the Raiders than draft capital.

Omar can't close the deal? Never seen that......... So so overrated. He's nothing but a highly paid, rabid fan.

ask jets about Garrett Wilson or Mike Williams. Somebody is odd man out. You would think they'd trade MIke Williams now as odd man out but I'd still ask about Wilson. He does not seem to be on the same page as Rodgers. Maybe they want to move on from Wilson now that they have Adams as WR1.

ask jets about Garrett Wilson or Mike Williams. Somebody is odd man out. You would think they'd trade MIke Williams now as odd man out but I'd still ask about Wilson. He does not seem to be on the same page as Rodgers. Maybe they want to move on from Wilson now that they have Adams as WR1.
They won’t get rid of Wilson. Williams perhaps. But I am thinking they won’t throw him the Steelers way this week.

I doubt they give up on him easily as he still is in a rookie contract

I’m actually relieved they didn’t make this trade. I didn’t want to give up prime draft picks and take on that contract for a soon to be 32 year old.
I don’t think he would have put them over the top and made them a contender with the elite teams.
My feelings are this and this is strictly my opinion. Keep Justin as the starter and roll with him this season. With this OL ravaged with injury we need mobility and ole Russ won’t give you that. He’s been sacked 100 times the two years in Denver.
Hopefully Justin keeps improving and if he does, we have our QB who is only 25. If he doesn’t then we snap Tomlin’s silly non losing record and finish with seven or eight wins and then draft our QB next year.
Which brings me to Russ. He’s most likely getting edgy and nervous and wants to start. Get on the phone with Miami who still has a chance and dangle him. Do it now though because if the Dolphins get too far behind they won’t be interested. See what they are willing to give up for a starting QB. If they believe they’re still alive they may offer a good pick or picks. Nothing to lose!
Let’s face it boys, we’re not going too far with a banged up OL and not much of a running game and yes I’m aware Najee had a nice game against the Raiders but that team flat out stinks.
Think toward the future here. If Justin is our guy then great, we can use the Russ pick or picks to help build. If not, then we finish with a losing record, use the Russ picks to move up and draft a QB. A losing record may place us around 11 or 12 in the draft order and with extra picks possibly move up a little.
This is just not a team that can compete for a SB right now. Just my opinion!

Meh Jets are grasping for relevance. The Steelers would be grasping for higher relevance. Rather use the FA money elsewhere and draft a receiver cheap for 5 years. This team is not a SB team honestly.

I doubt they give up on him easily as he still is in a rookie contract

they may want their draft picks back. Rodgers seems to be calling the shots. Maybe he tells them he doesn't need Wilson. He'll throw to Adams and Lazard now. Denver gave up on Jerry Jeudy because Sean Payton didn't think he was a fit. If Rodgers tells them Wilson isn't a fit then they can get a good deal for Wilson now. He's young and healthy.

Wasn't Wilson only guy they threw to last night?

yep, and then immediately after the game they felt the need to trade for Adams. I'm not saying they'd trade Wilson, but i'd certainly ask. They should definitely be looking to trade Mike Williams at least.