• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Jets Trading for Adams

ask jets about Garrett Wilson or Mike Williams. Somebody is odd man out. You would think they'd trade MIke Williams now as odd man out but I'd still ask about Wilson. He does not seem to be on the same page as Rodgers. Maybe they want to move on from Wilson now that they have Adams as WR1.
I would rather have Malachi Corley the guy they drafted in the 3rd round last year. There’s no way they trade Garrett Wilson. I could see them trading Williams.

So we go from trading for Adams to playing him this week. and yet I am happy about it. Just get to Rodgers and it wont matter

in hist first 2 years without Rodgers, Wilson averaged 13, and 14 yards per reception. This year with Rodgers, he's at 9.7. Something is off between him and Rodgers.

So we go from trading for Adams to playing him this week. and yet I am happy about it. Just get to Rodgers and it wont matter

What are you talking about? You forgot Adams has a legit injury, very legit. Plus, like Roman Wilson, Adams missed camp with his team and will have to catch a moving train. He can't possibly see the field for weeks and weeks.

I’m actually relieved they didn’t make this trade. I didn’t want to give up prime draft picks and take on that contract for a soon to be 32 year old.
I don’t think he would have put them over the top and made them a contender with the elite teams.
My feelings are this and this is strictly my opinion. Keep Justin as the starter and roll with him this season. With this OL ravaged with injury we need mobility and ole Russ won’t give you that. He’s been sacked 100 times the two years in Denver.
Hopefully Justin keeps improving and if he does, we have our QB who is only 25. If he doesn’t then we snap Tomlin’s silly non losing record and finish with seven or eight wins and then draft our QB next year.
Which brings me to Russ. He’s most likely getting edgy and nervous and wants to start. Get on the phone with Miami who still has a chance and dangle him. Do it now though because if the Dolphins get too far behind they won’t be interested. See what they are willing to give up for a starting QB. If they believe they’re still alive they may offer a good pick or picks. Nothing to lose!
Let’s face it boys, we’re not going too far with a banged up OL and not much of a running game and yes I’m aware Najee had a nice game against the Raiders but that team flat out stinks.
Think toward the future here. If Justin is our guy then great, we can use the Russ pick or picks to help build. If not, then we finish with a losing record, use the Russ picks to move up and draft a QB. A losing record may place us around 11 or 12 in the draft order and with extra picks possibly move up a little.
This is just not a team that can compete for a SB right now. Just my opinion!
Fields isn't the guy, he's the poor mans Lamar. Very poor mans version. Great running QB, when he needs to pass to win it won't work.
It's not a confidence thing it's a game speed problem, processing and vision. Not as accurate as you would like, even on short dump offs to the RB. Puts them in bad spots where if they catch it they will have a defender taking their head off behind the los. Bad decision making. Kid has athletic gifts and plays with heart and effort and I love rooting for him, but I have to be realistic.
Defense, run game, QB, WR all show flashes but are not consistently good enough to win anything of significance.
We need alot of work to be a contender, QB, RB, some lineman and some help on defense. We may get lucky and sneak in the playoff picture because no team is that great this season.

ask jets about Garrett Wilson or Mike Williams. Somebody is odd man out. You would think they'd trade MIke Williams now as odd man out but I'd still ask about Wilson. He does not seem to be on the same page as Rodgers. Maybe they want to move on from Wilson now that they have Adams as WR1.

lol come on now tape, you're kidding, you've got to be. no way in hell the jets are going to give up on Garrett Wilson, he's one of the league's best young WR's, I have no doubt they have him in their plans long-term, well after Rodgers is no longer a Jet.

yep, and then immediately after the game they felt the need to trade for Adams. I'm not saying they'd trade Wilson, but i'd certainly ask. They should definitely be looking to trade Mike Williams at least.
They grabbed Adams because the qb has grey balls and they are throwing chips in with a 2-4 record. They might make playoffs. No chance SB with that circus.

We lucked out. Adams is a cancer
Couldn’t agree more
The last thing we need is an old dude getting paid like that who is afraid of contact.

Hope he doesn’t burn us too bad when we face the reunion tour of him and Rodgers.

Would love to see someone knock the snot out of him when we play them.

I don't think Lamar would be Lamar if he was in Fields shoes in the NFL thus far. Lamar went to a team that designed their whole offense around what Lamar could do. Installed a college offense, a strong OL and run game to help him. Fields went to the dysfunctional Bears who tried to make Fields a pocket passer, switched OC multiple times and his top weapon was Darnell Mooney.

I think if their fates were switched and Fields landed with the Ravens, he'd have similar success to Lamar. That system is perfect for Lamar and Fields. I also think if Lamar landed in Chicago, he might be on his second team right now trying to start over.

In some ways I feel like Fields is a rookie. He's not perfect but he was in a no win situation in Chicago and they couldn't even teach him a coherent scheme.

I’m actually relieved they didn’t make this trade. I didn’t want to give up prime draft picks and take on that contract for a soon to be 32 year old.
I don’t think he would have put them over the top and made them a contender with the elite teams.
My feelings are this and this is strictly my opinion. Keep Justin as the starter and roll with him this season. With this OL ravaged with injury we need mobility and ole Russ won’t give you that. He’s been sacked 100 times the two years in Denver.
Hopefully Justin keeps improving and if he does, we have our QB who is only 25. If he doesn’t then we snap Tomlin’s silly non losing record and finish with seven or eight wins and then draft our QB next year.
Which brings me to Russ. He’s most likely getting edgy and nervous and wants to start. Get on the phone with Miami who still has a chance and dangle him. Do it now though because if the Dolphins get too far behind they won’t be interested. See what they are willing to give up for a starting QB. If they believe they’re still alive they may offer a good pick or picks. Nothing to lose!
Let’s face it boys, we’re not going too far with a banged up OL and not much of a running game and yes I’m aware Najee had a nice game against the Raiders but that team flat out stinks.
Think toward the future here. If Justin is our guy then great, we can use the Russ pick or picks to help build. If not, then we finish with a losing record, use the Russ picks to move up and draft a QB. A losing record may place us around 11 or 12 in the draft order and with extra picks possibly move up a little.
This is just not a team that can compete for a SB right now. Just my opinion!
Absolutely.

We aren’t a Super Bowl team this year by adding a veteran 30+ year old wide receiver-same goes for Hopkins in Tennessee, hate to say it but true

Save the draft capital and cap, the QB of the future that wins the next Lombardi isn’t on the roster yet.

Needs in the offseason are QB, WR, DL and RB if they move on from Harris

Couldn’t agree more
The last thing we need is an old dude getting paid like that who is afraid of contact.

Hope he doesn’t burn us too bad when we face the reunion tour of him and Rodgers.

Would love to see someone knock the snot out of him when we play them.

i'm honestly not too worried, have you seen the Jets offensive line? Brutal. I think it dawned on Rodgers last night, as he was sitting on the bench in the waning moments of their loss to Buffalo, that he was spoiled for most of his time in Green Bay, with above-average to very good offensive line play; he has NO time to let the play develop before he has 2-3 guys bearing down on him. I'm sure Watt and company will be licking their chops.

...Which brings me to Russ. He’s most likely getting edgy and nervous and wants to start. Get on the phone with Miami who still has a chance and dangle him. Do it now though because if the Dolphins get too far behind they won’t be interested. See what they are willing to give up for a starting QB. If they believe they’re still alive they may offer a good pick or picks. Nothing to lose!
Russ looked anxious to get in the game late Sunday, putting on the helmet & walking the sidelines like an expectant father. He may be itching to get a start and Miami is surely one of the QB-needy teams. Plus, his wife - whom I know nothing about but appears to be high maintenance maybe? - looks like she'd be more at home in South Beach than Pittsburgh.
If not, then we finish with a losing record, use the Russ picks to move up and draft a QB. A losing record may place us around 11 or 12 in the draft order and with extra picks possibly move up a little.
Drafting a QB at 11? For crying out loud... when was the last time we drafted a good QB at 11 ??? ;)

in hist first 2 years without Rodgers, Wilson averaged 13, and 14 yards per reception. This year with Rodgers, he's at 9.7. Something is off between him and Rodgers.
Wilson has a short fuse, so hopefully Rogers will look for DaVonte if he plays against us and Wilson will pout, making it a wash.

What are you talking about? You forgot Adams has a legit injury, very legit. Plus, like Roman Wilson, Adams missed camp with his team and will have to catch a moving train. He can't possibly see the field for weeks and weeks.
That was west coast leg. It is now east coast leg. The cool temps will do wonders for said injury

lol come on now tape, you're kidding, you've got to be. no way in hell the jets are going to give up on Garrett Wilson, he's one of the league's best young WR's, I have no doubt they have him in their plans long-term, well after Rodgers is no longer a Jet.

not to be funny, but we're talking about the Jets. I'm not sure they make long term plans. They brought in Aaron Rodgers, that's not long term. They are 2-4 which means that statistically they have a slim chance to even make the playoffs this year. Despite that, they just traded for a 32 year old, high priced WR. That reeks of desperation which is the Jets default.

Trading for Adams says you are going all in on winning with Rodgers. What if Rodgers is telling them that with Adams in the mix, Wilson will be a 3rd read? Mike Williams is more dangerous than Lazard and Rodgers keeps throwing to Lazard because he trusts him. I won't be surprised if Wilson is now read 3 behind Adams and lazard. That's Rodgers history. He only likes throwing to old vets that can read his mind.

Fields and Wilson have chemistry from 2 years together at Ohio State. Steelers need a WR. That may be their 1st round pick next year anyway. I'd rather spend a 1 on a proven guy than draft one.

Again, i'm not saying they'd give Wilson away, but if you offer a 1st for him, I think they'd be tempted, especially if Wilson is unhappy and asks to be traded. He has to feel handcuffed with the Jets.

So look at the teams in the market for a wr... the Chiefs are gonna go get DJ as soon as tge Panthers start selling because he is the best contract to talent fit for them..
The Bills need a guy.. there are Kupp rumors they will be tied to though...

There are gonna be like 8 decent wrs potentially available.. and we will be one of a handful of teams in the market...

not to be funny, but we're talking about the Jets. I'm not sure they make long term plans. They brought in Aaron Rodgers, that's not long term. They are 2-4 which means that statistically they have a slim chance to even make the playoffs this year. Despite that, they just traded for a 32 year old, high priced WR. That reeks of desperation which is the Jets default.

Trading for Adams says you are going all in on winning with Rodgers. What if Rodgers is telling them that with Adams in the mix, Wilson will be a 3rd read? Mike Williams is more dangerous than Lazard and Rodgers keeps throwing to Lazard because he trusts him. I won't be surprised if Wilson is now read 3 behind Adams and lazard. That's Rodgers history. He only likes throwing to old vets that can read his mind.

Fields and Wilson have chemistry from 2 years together at Ohio State. Steelers need a WR. That may be their 1st round pick next year anyway. I'd rather spend a 1 on a proven guy than draft one.

Again, i'm not saying they'd give Wilson away, but if you offer a 1st for him, I think they'd be tempted, especially if Wilson is unhappy and asks to be traded. He has to feel handcuffed with the Jets.

I dont trade a first for Wilson.. in a couple weeks there are gonna be a plethora of Wrs available and prices on everyone will come down..

I dont trade a first for Wilson.. in a couple weeks there are gonna be a plethora of Wrs available and prices on everyone will come down..

i'd feel better about a 1st for Wilson than on Aiyuk. Wilson was a top 10 pick who has actually produced on the Jets with Zach WIlson, Mike WHite, and Trevor Simeon throwing to him. A 1st is a steep price but worth it for a young star player. Steelers spent a 1 on Minkah.

Here is a list from those bums on SI of guys speculated to be on the market by the deadline:
• Amari Cooper, Cleveland Browns (2024)
• Tee Higgins, Cincinnati Bengals (2024)
• DeAndre Hopkins, Tennessee Titans (2024)
• Tyler Boyd, Tennessee Titans (2024)
• Darius Slayton, New York Giants (2024)
• Adam Thielen, Carolina Panthers (2025)
• Diontae Johnson, Carolina Panthers (2024)
• Christian Kirk, Jacksonville Jaguars (2025)
• K.J. Osborn, New England Patriots (2024)
• Kendrick Bourne, New England Patriots (2026)
• Odell Beckham Jr., Miami Dolphins (2024)
• Cooper Kupp, Los Angeles Rams (2026)
• Demarcus Robinson, Los Angeles Rams (2024)
• Mike Williams, New York Jets (2024)