• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joe Flacco

Didn't realize I had to offer a name. Clearly our FO reached when they could have filled the slot much better than they did with a wasted first rounder and then over paying Mitch.
oh, so when i asked you "Who would you have at Qb - specifically who, name someone" that wasn't clear?

@Tim Steelersfan - you seeing this unbelievable ****?

oh, so when i asked you "Who would you have at Qb - specifically who, name someone" that wasn't clear?

@Tim Steelersfan - you seeing this unbelievable ****?

It's not unbelievable at all. For years, we've witnessed the Raffe dance around this very issue. Who would you have picked? Crickets. Never a name. Now - having already seen Flacco play - he says...Joe. LMAO. 🤡 🤡 🤡

200.webp

Ain't be heard one QB name from him for 2 years. Ain't be never heard Joe Flacco.

But now.....lmao

except... we signed Mitch instead of Flacco since both were UFAs.
thus, signing Joe or Mitch has fuckall to do with drafting Kenny.

oh, signing Joe would have had to be done before March 16, 2022 - since that is the day he signed with the Jets.
And the NFL draft was in April.

round and round we go. will Raffe ever catch that ridiculous tail?

C0143933-Giraffe_Tail.jpg

Does anyone really think Tomlin would allow him to throw the ball downfield like Stefanski in Cleveland did? Hell no.
The Shades M.O. is play conservative offense, don’t turn the ball over, good defense, and let the opponents beat themselves with mistakes. Problem is not all opponents beat themselves.

The Shades M.O. is play conservative offense, don’t turn the ball over, good defense, and let the opponents beat themselves with mistakes. Problem is not all opponents beat themselves.
Yep, Cowher had a similar style but the big difference is Cowher went for the jugular in the first half. He was all about trick plays, and big plays to get that fat early lead. Then he would sit on it in the second half and milk the clock and let the defense create sacks and turnovers. His style would be flawed in todays NFL. The rules are so offensive oriented that teams can easily score 14 points with the assistance of the refs. A good defensive hit over the middle where poor quarterback play lead a receiver into a safety and a 3rd and long turns into a first down. A jump ball that the receiver and CB are fighting for and the CB is always going to get the flag. In todays NFL you need to put your foot on the throttle and not let up until the clock in the 4th is 00:00.

Now I don't mind winning time of possession and having a good running game. Having 2nd and 3rd downs at 5 or less is an advantage for any team. Lots of plays in the playbook go for 5 yards. My problem is we barely take shots down field with a guy like George Pickens and Calvin Austin III. I see deep routes but it seems we either dump too often or in the case of Mitch last week threw inaccurately.

Yep, Cowher had a similar style but the big difference is Cowher went for the jugular in the first half. He was all about trick plays, and big plays to get that fat early lead. Then he would sit on it in the second half and milk the clock and let the defense create sacks and turnovers. His style would be flawed in todays NFL. The rules are so offensive oriented that teams can easily score 14 points with the assistance of the refs. A good defensive hit over the middle where poor quarterback play lead a receiver into a safety and a 3rd and long turns into a first down. A jump ball that the receiver and CB are fighting for and the CB is always going to get the flag. In todays NFL you need to put your foot on the throttle and not let up until the clock in the 4th is 00:00.

Now I don't mind winning time of possession and having a good running game. Having 2nd and 3rd downs at 5 or less is an advantage for any team. Lots of plays in the playbook go for 5 yards. My problem is we barely take shots down field with a guy like George Pickens and Calvin Austin III. I see deep routes but it seems we either dump too often or in the case of Mitch last week threw inaccurately.
For many years, this has been the case:

3rd&2, 4th & a couple: Steelers chuck it far downfield on a low percentage sideline route (why not chuck it in middle since a long int is like a punt??)
2&2, 2&1: Steelers always run on the clear passing situation.

This continual mismatch of opportunity and situational playcalling gaffes have happened thru Ben, Mason, Ben, Mitch, Kenny, Mitch and several OCs.

Its really hard to believe the players, the coaches, the FO, the ownership, etc. all do not notice and call this out. I guess this goes hand-in-glove with the lack of playaction.

Cowher's brand also incorporated how games were officiated as well as played. Thus, knowing a team being down would be fighting the clock to score points, they'd throw more. Which Andy Reid and the other offensive gurus are now doing - using the rules against their opponent. It would be nice to have an OC here who does that. Or even a DC who was able to do the same thing.

Instead, we have Tomlin who can't adjust for the future since he's continuing to look in the past.

Cowher's brand also incorporated how games were officiated as well as played. Thus, knowing a team being down would be fighting the clock to score points, they'd throw more. Which Andy Reid and the other offensive gurus are now doing - using the rules against their opponent. It would be nice to have an OC here who does that. Or even a DC who was able to do the same thing.

Instead, we have Tomlin who can't adjust for the future since he's continuing to look in the past.
Yep. That is why if there's "multiple" teams willing to trade for Tomlin I don't understand why we wouldn't at least explore what compensation said teams would be willing to pony up. I mean if a team would give up multiple firsts and a few late round throw in I truly believe a turnaround for the Steelers would come quickly.

Yep. That is why if there's "multiple" teams willing to trade for Tomlin I don't understand why we wouldn't at least explore what compensation said teams would be willing to pony up. I mean if a team would give up multiple firsts and a few late round throw in I truly believe a turnaround for the Steelers would come quickly.
i'm on board with it. hell, i'd take Saleh from the Jets - even if we trade Tomlin to the Jets and they fire Saleh.

If there's one team flying under the radar right now it's the Cleveland Browns. I hate to think it but I could see The Clowns make a run in 2023 with Joe Flacco at QB.

Their Defense under Jim Schwartz will keep them in any game going forward and I think having a Veteran QB like Flacco behind a solid O-line can make all the difference in the world. He was awful on the Jets but the O-line was swiss cheese. Cleveland's O-line is legit....one of the best in the NFL right now.

How would you feel seeing Ole Joe stick to his old team in the playoffs? I think it's going to happen.

I'm not a betting man but I'd throw $100 on the Browns to win the Super Bowl!

Hated him in Baltimore but I applaud Flacco, coming out of nowhere and winning in Cleveland, makes the Watson signing for all that cash even mor embarrassing for the Brown's organization.

How would you feel seeing Ole Joe stick to his old team in the playoffs? I think it's going to happen.
In as much as the outcomes are known, this would be a heck of a story. Joe is a decent Joe. I wish the best for him.

I was a rats fan for that single day. I was a bungholes fan for their single day. I'd be a stains fan for that single day.

Joe will be offered contracts. It'll be interesting to watch that play out.

Flacco probably crashes back to earth soon… the only good pass D he faces down the stretch is the Jets… if he looks bad vs tgem then he probably looks bad vs anyone he faces in the playoffs