• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Joe Haden Tweets Cryptic Goodbye Message to SteelerNation

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It appears that star cornerback Joe Haden has likely played his last snap for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Haden tweeted in the early morning hours on Saturday, “Take YOUR HAT… Your COAT…. AND LEAVE! i#steelernation”.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-6.39.23-AM-300x142.png

Haden, who signed as a free agent with the Steelers following his release by the Cleveland Browns after the 2016 season, spent 5 years in Pittsburgh. He made one Pro Bowl and helped anchor the secondary during his tenure with the squad.

The writing had been on the wall for a while that Haden likely wasn’t going to return. During the offseason last year Haden had requested a contract extension and voiced wanting to retire a Steeler. Unfortunately, the Steelers front office did not see Haden in their long-term plans at that point in time and declined to offer him an extension. Now it appears Haden will be leaving Pittsburgh and will leave a large hole at corner that the Steelers will have to address in free agency or the draft.

What’s your favorite memory of Haden? Sound off in the comments below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

It appears that star cornerback Joe Haden has likely played his last snap for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Haden tweeted in the early morning hours on Saturday, “Take YOUR HAT… Your COAT…. AND LEAVE! i#steelernation”.

Screen-Shot-2022-03-12-at-6.39.23-AM-300x142.png

Haden, who signed as a free agent with the Steelers following his release by the Cleveland Browns after the 2016 season, spent 5 years in Pittsburgh. He made one Pro Bowl and helped anchor the secondary during his tenure with the squad.

The writing had been on the wall for a while that Haden likely wasn’t going to return. During the offseason last year Haden had requested a contract extension and voiced wanting to retire a Steeler. Unfortunately, the Steelers front office did not see Haden in their long-term plans at that point in time and declined to offer him an extension. Now it appears Haden will be leaving Pittsburgh and will leave a large hole at corner that the Steelers will have to address in free agency or the draft.

What’s your favorite memory of Haden? Sound off in the comments below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..
The pick of Brady was big, but that's about it. He was a nice player for them, but I just don't see it as a big loss.

The tweet sounds like he's pissed. Maybe the Steelers didn't even bother to offer him something. He has always said he wanted to stay here.

That’s why crypto tweets are lame. Just say what you want to say. However, some of the mentions are saying he could have been hacked.

The pick of Brady was big, but that's about it. He was a nice player for them, but I just don't see it as a big loss.

We got some of his best play while here but at this time, as it coinsides with contract end would be a good time to split. He has waned in his last year and continues to slow. Remeber it is better to not bring back a year early instead of keeping a year to long.

Thanks for the good memories Joe.

Salute the nation

The tweet sounds like he's pissed. Maybe the Steelers didn't even bother to offer him something. He has always said he wanted to stay here.
It does and I can understand to some extent. He was a very good player for the Steelers and one of their best acquisitions over the years. The problem is he had some injuries last year and at his age, cornerback play can fall off a cliff at anytime. For the construction of the team, they probably would’ve been better off parting ways with him last year in favor of keeping Nelson and Hilton. Selfishly, I wanted to see him finish his career here. Either way, I hope he has a solid finish to his playing career.

Bro, be serious, Joe is/was the BEST DB we've had since Rod Woodson. Not a typical lock the side of a field down DB but QB's weren't going to challenge him much in his hay day.

Thank you Joe for what you brought to the field each Sunday. I wish you could have retired here...

I hope the two sides work something out. He isn't qs good as he once was,but still above average.

I don’t get why veterans his age with declining play think they should get long term deals. Look to come back on a 1 year deal with some incentives laid in. Still making millions.

Bro, be serious, Joe is/was the BEST DB we've had since Rod Woodson. Not a typical lock the side of a field down DB but QB's weren't going to challenge him much in his hay day.

Thank you Joe for what you brought to the field each Sunday. I wish you could have retired here...
I said he was a nice player for them. I am factoring in his age when I say that it's not a huge of a loss. He's probably on the downside.

But I stand by nice player. You invoked Rod Woodson. I would have liked to see a few more big plays like a Rod Woodson.

Last edited:
I said he was a nice player for them. I am factoring in his age when I say that it's not a huge of a loss. He's probably on the downside.

But I stand by nice player. You invoked Rod Woodson. I would have liked to see a few more big plays like a Rod Woodson.
He didn’t have the BIG plays like Woodson, but I know that this was a much better defense when he was healthy, and on the field, while the defense took quite a step back when he wasn’t. It was exciting to see him make his first ever postseason appearance with us, and stick the brownies by doing so. Although it’s equally depressing that we didn’t win any of those postseason games with him on the field.

PS: he was majorly hosed on those two PI calls against the Saints in 2019 I think it was. We kicked their ***, and they were gifted everything with those two calls.

I still dont understand why today's players feel compelled to put their business on social media..