• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

John McCain Dead at 81

RIP John McCain. While his later years in office leaned further left than I would prefer, there is no question of his dedication and sacrifice for this country.

It will be of interest who Governor Ducey (R) will replace him with.

Very sad.... true American hero. Would have been a good president... the antithesis of what we have now... May he Rest In Peace.

RIP John McCain. While his later years in office leaned further left than I would prefer, there is no question of his dedication and sacrifice for this country.

It will be of interest who Governor Ducey (R) will replace him with.

Agree 150%. I didn’t care for his turn left, but no one can question what he gave for America.

One of my political regrets was not voting for him over Obama... i know people here hate the dude over his later years, but most of his career he was a moderate bridgebuilder....

RIP. Won't miss his voice in DC/

RIP .I did vote for you over Barry and unfortunately his turncoat political crap from the Obama years on made me hate his guts. Nothing disturbs me more than a fake fraud good guy who sells us down the river. He should have stepped aside years ago.

Feel bad for his family,but damn glad he's out of the Senate now.

I voted for that traitor over the terrorist, to no avail. Rest In Peace, traitor.

RIP

Essouuira-e1518793217812.jpg

Voted for him in '08, didn't always agree with his moderate politics but he was still better than the alternative.

I think his narrative was massaged quite a bit and I was not a fan, but it sucks that he died like that, and really sad that his mother had to see her boy die.

Voted for him in '08, didn't always agree with his moderate politics but he was still better than the alternative.

Same. I hated that he was THE vote for Obama care. I wonder if some of his late career decisions were caused by his cancer- meaning I wonder if it affected his mental ability.

He should have resigned long ago. As a person who strongly believes in term limits and the failures of the legislative branch (by far the most corrupt and incompetant part of our federal government), I don't really like much at all from any of these "career" congrassmen and women. He became a charicature of what I truly believe was a good start/intentions over the last 2 terms since his loss to Obama. And I don't think he did much "good" or helped this country much since then. The polarization and incompetance of that branch of government has exasperated while McCain was one of its most public leaders.

All that said, I know exactly what he went through with that cancer (same exact kind my mom died from 5 years ago) and it sucks. I do feel very bad for him and his family for having to go through that.

RIP to him, I appreciate this service to the country, despite our political differences.

I do think it's funny to watch all my liberal friends talk about what a great man he was when a few short years ago they mocked, ridiculed and smeared him relentlessly. I guess all you need to be great is to oppose Trump

RIP to him, I appreciate this service to the country, despite our political differences.

I do think it's funny to watch all my liberal friends talk about what a great man he was when a few short years ago they mocked, ridiculed and smeared him relentlessly. I guess all you need to be great is to oppose Trump

Yes... i pointed this out several months ago... both parties tend to be hypocritical to get or retain control of the power the government has, buy right now the dems are full out insane with it.... id almost believe if trump came out for abortion the democrats would be burning down clinics by tomorrow... like they flip flopped violently on everything pro or anti trump....

This morning I was remembering that back in '08 SNL ripped him up a lot worse than Trump did and it was all good.
I do think he put his personal politics and vendettas ahead of the country. He was never going to vote for anything Trump wanted, I get that he was rightly pissed at Trump, but his temper was legendary for years. I heard a long time ago that he grabbed another Senator by the neck in the cloak room and tried to throttle him because he wouldn't vote for something McCain wanted.

Last edited:

It's that "no compass" thing that Liberals suffer from. Just swinging wildly in the wind at any given moment as opposed to having set values that people hold, which are consistent over time. I think it accounts for a lot of the irrational emotional outbursts Liberals are prone to having.

Almost immediately after his death was announced, a motorcade carrying his body traveled from his ranch close to Sedona to Phoenix, so they knew it was happening. Huge procession.

Closed I-17 south in the process, and it's really the only way to get to Phoenix from Flagstaff.

Side note, the local news talking heads speculated on who the governor should replace him with. Names like former Senator Jon Kyl, or McCain's wife Cindy, you know, those not likely to seek re-election.

Only because he turned on what he promised to do. Just to be a ********. That Obamacare crap did me in with him. His epic tantrum over Trump is also why they love him. Without all of flip flopping the media would be dumping gas on his body. I hate career politicians. I hope one day we can get term limits and put an end to them.

I always wish John McCain would've been half the "maverick" he was for supporting conservative causes as opposed to going against them. He never was able to learn that the other side will never, ever be your friend. They will build you up and tear you down at their convenience.

He is also being lionized for being that maverick. I have never once heard of a Democrat being applauded for that...if there are any. Why is it the conservative side that always has to give in?

He was good man and deserved a better death. RiP.

He is also being lionized for being that maverick. I have never once heard of a Democrat being applauded for that...if there are any. Why is it the conservative side that always has to give in?

Because the media controls the narrative.

Only because he turned on what he promised to do. Just to be a ********. That Obamacare crap did me in with him. His epic tantrum over Trump is also why they love him. Without all of flip flopping the media would be dumping gas on his body. I hate career politicians. I hope one day we can get term limits and put an end to them.

He was a ********. That's why some people unconsciously say he had penis cancer when they meant to say brain cancer.

McCain was the poster child for the Trump hating establishment RINO's. He couldn't stand Trump. Couldn't stand that a non-politician outsider busted down the door to his club.
He played a role in that fake Trump dossier.

Voted against the repeal of Obamacare only to spite Trump.

Last edited: