• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Just lost a liberal friend on Facebook

It’s ok. (I mean it’s NOT, but you know what I mean). I can’t change how they feel and trying to would be a waste of breath and time. It just hurts. I wouldn’t do that to them. But I guess if you’re a liberal, hurting feelings and ruining families is OK.

Seems like those liberals are for separating families after all. Especially when other family members vote republican...

In my experience Liberals/Democrats fall into a couple of camps.
1. Welfare recipients who want to keep the checks coming.
2. Union members and government employees who have a vested interest in bigger government.
3. Blacks, who even if they're not Liberals will still vote Democrat. Remember what LBJ said in 1965.
4.The "smart" people who went to the "right" schools. They know what's best for everyone and wish the rabble would just do what they're told because thinking for yourself is dangerous and you might make decisions they don't like. This group makes up the majority of Liberals that I know either personally or on this board.

Dissing family members because of politics is ridiculous. Someone wants to play that game good riddance. You don't need that stupid **** in your life anyways.

Usually not big on politics. And I won't talk it with relatives just because I have seen how people have been reacting to it lately. And it is beyond head shaking.

Dissing family members because of politics is ridiculous. Someone wants to play that game good riddance. You don't need that stupid **** in your life anyways.

Usually not big on politics. And I won't talk it with relatives just because I have seen how people have been reacting to it lately. And it is beyond head shaking.

About few months ago I unfriended most of my Liberal friends on FB. I enjoy spirited political discussion, obviously, but it got to where you couldn't have a civil conversation and I was tired of me and my kind being insulted every day. Most of them lost their **** when I posted a link to www.pay.gov merely as a source of information as to where they could give back their tax cuts from President Trump. No one even thanked me so I assume they didn't give back their tax cuts.

Last edited:
Especially when it is your right to vote for whoever you want. It's insane that people choose to hold political choices against them, and not taking the merits of that human being into account.

And especially when hes doing so damn good! :D

Reactions: MTC
It’s ok. (I mean it’s NOT, but you know what I mean). I can’t change how they feel and trying to would be a waste of breath and time. It just hurts. I wouldn’t do that to them. But I guess if you’re a liberal, hurting feelings and ruining families is OK.

I hear you on that. I get a lot of hate from some family too for voting for Trump.
The liberals have went full coo coo since the election.

I didn't vote for the guy in 2016. Now with the lying, slanted, biased and untrue **** thrown at him every day, I will grit my teeth in 2020 and vote for him. Damn right I will.

And this time my vote will count, since it will be in Arizona, a state the (D)'s always seem to think they can win.

I hear you on that. I get a lot of hate from some family too for voting for Trump.

FBP was supposed to be followed by FWP and fully socialized medicine, she had a yuge lead in all the polls, and President Trump blew that all to hell.

A while ago I created a custom Friends list on FB that I called "Political", I click the drop-down for audience on my political posts, and they're only seen by people on that list. If you click on your Friends' names then click where it says Friend, you will get a drop-down that says "Add to another list", then add them to your custom list. Helps keep the peace and I don't have time to argue all damn day. Most days. Some days I do.

Facebook is a waste of time. If I want to talk to somebody, I will call them.

I didn't vote for the guy in 2016. Now with the lying, slanted, biased and untrue **** thrown at him every day, I will grit my teeth in 2020 and vote for him. Damn right I will.

And this time my vote will count, since it will be in Arizona, a state the (D)'s always seem to think they can win.

Dems are throwing a boat load of money behind Kyrsten Sinema in hopes of taking Flakes senate seat. She's coming across as a moderate, but 15 years or so ago, in the state house, she was as far left as you can get. Hope there is old footage for anyone that runs against her. At this point she seems to be running unopposed, and that includes the republicans.

Family and friends should not discuss politics..........that's what SN is for.

Arguing with liberals is like try to teach a pig to sing. It just wastes your time and pisses off the pig.

It seems that media has the formula for displacing the losing side and emoting anger after an election loss. The conservatives were spun and went mental after Obama, now the same cycle is being written for the liberals. It makes for a divided country, and the Libs are at a disadvantage. The conservatives have been working on that angst for the previous 8 years.

It seems that media has the formula for displacing the losing side and emoting anger after an election loss. The conservatives were spun and went mental after Obama, now the same cycle is being written for the liberals. It makes for a divided country, and the Libs are at a disadvantage. The conservatives have been working on that angst for the previous 8 years.
It isn't even close Cope.

It's getting to where public officials who work for Trump or who are republican can't even go to movies or to dinner anymore without being harrassed. The left has gone completely off its rocker. I have never seen this level of sheer insanity when it comes to differeing opinions.

It isn't even close Cope.

No kidding it isn't close. Trying to make this some sort of equivalence is silly IMHO.

It's getting to where public officials who work for Trump or who are republican can't even go to movies or to dinner anymore without being harrassed. The left has gone completely off its rocker. I have never seen this level of sheer insanity when it comes to differeing opinions.

They're trying to make D.C. so miserable for them that no one will want to work for President Trump. 90% of D.C. will agree with this, however outside of urban Libtard strongholds this will hurt the Dems more than help them.

http://thehill.com/media/392574-rob...-and-other-celebrities-for-anti-trump-remarks

Director Rob Reiner denounced Robert De Niro and other celebrities for their remarks against President Trump, saying it only helps the president.

During an exclusive interview with The Hill’s new TV show “Rising,” which aired on Wednesday, Reiner addressed the controversy surrounding actor Robert De Niro’s “F---Trump” speech during the Tony Awards on Sunday.

De Niro called the president a “f---ing idiot” and a “f---ing fool,” which was met with a standing ovation.

“You’re helping Trump by saying ‘F--- Trump,’ because he can say 'look at these people, these elitists,' ” Reiner told “Rising” co-hosts Krystal Ball and Buck Sexton.

Reiner said he thinks celebrities are ultimately hurting Democrats when they go on expletive-ridden rants against Trump.

“There’s a very fine line between energizing the base and energizing the other side,” Reiner said.

Even ultra-Liberal Meathead gets it.

I lost two Liberal "friends" yesterday. I should have deleted them long ago, but I guess my protest meme was too much for them. It's not as if I posted to be mean or heartless, but thought it was kinda funny. Sue me for have a warped sense of humor. Bye Felicia!

I defriended my brother on a permanent basis after the election. He sent my mother and me an email about Trump, then went on a tirade against me, calling me essentially every name in the Lib playbook. Racist, xenophobic, homophobic, cis-gendered old white man, white privileged, etc, etc. He got really, really ugly about it. Since then, we rarely talk.

oddly enough, he believes me to be racist since he's dating an oriental chick. so he can say he's not racist.
i'm friends with that ********** ark, so that label doesn't apply
i had to look up what cis-gendered is, and that defines me. cis-gendered old white guy.
xenophobic? come here legally, or not at all.

oddly enough, he believes me to be racist since he's dating an oriental chick. so he can say he's not racist.

Ultra-Liberal friend of my wife since childhood who would only date foreign dark-skinned men, at least for a long time. I suspect she's a self-hating white person. She was married to a Muslim Pakistani guy for a while, he was nice enough but not into the whole women's rights thing, as you might expect. She got woke at least a little bit.

We're having an open discussion on my FB post, and my liberal friend went mental on a tongue in cheek comment by a libertarian friend of mine incorrectly assuming that he was as right as you can get. I told him on my page that he was in the middle and not to assume the worst. Then he PMs me this nugget.

Man Liberals really care that you know exactly how they feel when your opinion is not in lockstep with theirs:

What was the issue about?

Boo Hoo. Have a nice life...

Libs are having a bit of a melt down these days as Trump's poll numbers keep rising when they attempt to put an issue in the media with their own narrative

Libs are having a bit of a melt down these days as Trump's poll numbers keep rising when they attempt to put an issue in the media with their own narrative

It's getting bad enough that pretty soon they might have to come up with ideas instead of running down Trump.