• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

just venting

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
So I get out of class today and make the half mile walk to my car to discover I have a parking ticket on my windshield. I look at the ticket and see it was written for backing into a space. I probably shouldn't mention the school. (TROY UNIVERSITY, TROY ALABAMA). So anyway I go to the police station on campus to discuss this matter, as soon as I walk in and say I have a question about the ticket I get a smart *** response from the fat *** cop sitting behind the desk.

Long story short I didn't take well to her smug condescending attitude so I tell her so. we get into a shouting match and after about five minutes I drop the F bomb, she then tells me I need to mind my mouth so I tell her I am not threatening her in any way and I will say say what I damn well please, she says no you will not, so I accuse her of trying to block me from my first amendment rights. She basically says I have no rights on school grounds?????

In the end I was told you couldn't back in because if they were in a hurry to find someone it would hinder them, my response was that we cant back in because they were to ******* (this was the F bomb) lazy to get off the golf cart to look in the back window for the parking permit, which by the way cost $75.00. she tells me she doesn't appreciate the insinuation I made about being lazy, my response was I didn't insinuate anything I came right out and said it.

After about ten minutes of this she demands that I respect her because she is a cop, I demand she respects me because I am 55 years old and have earned it. I also tell her I am to damn old to be afraid of bullies like her and I wasn't going to take her ****, that I wasn't some eighteen year old kid away from home for the first time that she could just push around, this pissed her off even more because there were students in there and they started clapping at this. She slams something down on her desk and is still bitching as I walk out the door.

Bet no one can guess who has a meeting with the Dean Monday.....

Posted in wrong forum, can someone move this to the bitching section. Thank you.

Old guys rock.

And meanwhile every safety manual tells you to always back in spaces or drive through double rows so you face out, avoiding backing out of a spot.

Backing in is safer...obviously they don't care about their students safety

Check the student handbook to see if there is an official rule about not backing into parking spaces. I lay 50/50 odds that there is not.

So I get out of class today and make the half mile walk to my car to discover I have a parking ticket on my windshield. I look at the ticket and see it was written for backing into a space. I probably shouldn't mention the school. (TROY UNIVERSITY, TROY ALABAMA). So anyway I go to the police station on campus to discuss this matter, as soon as I walk in and say I have a question about the ticket I get a smart *** response from the fat *** cop sitting behind the desk.

Long story short I didn't take well to her smug condescending attitude so I tell her so. we get into a shouting match and after about five minutes I drop the F bomb, she then tells me I need to mind my mouth so I tell her I am not threatening her in any way and I will say say what I damn well please, she says no you will not, so I accuse her of trying to block me from my first amendment rights. She basically says I have no rights on school grounds?????

In the end I was told you couldn't back in because if they were in a hurry to find someone it would hinder them, my response was that we cant back in because they were to ******* (this was the F bomb) lazy to get off the golf cart to look in the back window for the parking permit, which by the way cost $75.00. she tells me she doesn't appreciate the insinuation I made about being lazy, my response was I didn't insinuate anything I came right out and said it.

After about ten minutes of this she demands that I respect her because she is a cop, I demand she respects me because I am 55 years old and have earned it. I also tell her I am to damn old to be afraid of bullies like her and I wasn't going to take her ****, that I wasn't some eighteen year old kid away from home for the first time that she could just push around, this pissed her off even more because there were students in there and they started clapping at this. She slams something down on her desk and is still bitching as I walk out the door.

Bet no one can guess who has a meeting with the Dean Monday.....

It's Obama's fault... ******' Obama man...

It's funny. In the few times I've run into this rule was told that backing in pointed the tail pipe towards the flower beds, and would kill the pretty plants.

I thought it was some environmental mumbo jumbo. Disappointed to find out it's more Police State overreach.

It's Obama's fault... ******' Obama man...

Your "Its Obamas fault" sarcasm is getting old and tired. . To begin with, it was Obama that was blaming Bush for everything.

We the people were simply mocking your Messiah Obama for blaming the "previous administration" for everything. So I don't know what you people are trying to prove with that asinine remark.

Last edited:
If there is no statute and no signage prohibiting back in parking then the ticket is in valid.

warriors42 "backing into the space...." :)

bad-parking-20-5.gif

Glad you made it out okay, sounds like quite the confrontation.

well I got on the web site and looked it up, sure as **** plain as day NO backing into spaces along with a multitude of other bull **** rules that can get you a ticket. Rules like; if one of your tires touch a white line you get a ticket. failure to remove previous years parking sticker. (no laying over top the old one. Pretty much anything that they can come up with to **** you out of some more money.

Almost $300 a credit hour, anywhere from $100 to $200 for a online code for a class you are actually at school for. For pretty much every science class you have from $1200 to $1500 for the class with lab, then you have at least two books for maybe $350 to $500, then you have one or two codes to buy that can be another $300 or so, and this is just for one class. So if anyone wonders why people come out of school with 50 or 60 grand in undergrad loans this is why. I am so glad I am almost done with this, if I had any longer I probably would just quit. Two majors and a minor I sure hope I can find a job quick or school will bankrupt me.

well I got on the web site and looked it up, sure as **** plain as day NO backing into spaces along with a multitude of other bull **** rules that can get you a ticket. Rules like; if one of your tires touch a white line you get a ticket. failure to remove previous years parking sticker. (no laying over top the old one. Pretty much anything that they can come up with to **** you out of some more money.

Almost $300 a credit hour, anywhere from $100 to $200 for a online code for a class you are actually at school for. For pretty much every science class you have from $1200 to $1500 for the class with lab, then you have at least two books for maybe $350 to $500, then you have one or two codes to buy that can be another $300 or so, and this is just for one class. So if anyone wonders why people come out of school with 50 or 60 grand in undergrad loans this is why. I am so glad I am almost done with this, if I had any longer I probably would just quit. Two majors and a minor I sure hope I can find a job quick or school will bankrupt me.

Tickets = Revenue.

Back in the 90's there was this retired lady. Her husband had passed, left her very comfortable. She decided to become a good Samaritan. She got a big back of change and walked around San Francisco, a city with notoriously onerous parking enforcement, filling expired meters for people. Just to be nice. The ******* cops arrested her for creating a public nuisance. The goddam pigs arrested this sweet old lady for trying to brighten up some hard working people's day. But she was costing the city thousands of dollars in ticket revenue.

EDIT:

My mistake. It started in Cincinnati

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-11-10/news/mn-63253_1_parking-meters

Figures. Goddam Bengals.

I think the lady in San Fran got the idea from her, because I don't thing Silvia Slayton did this full time.

Last edited:
What the hell did you search to find that .gif Tibs?

Or do you just have a library of gifs on your computer.... lol

Last edited:
I always pull through when it's a double parking space, but I never back in when it's a single one like in Tibs' video.

I always pull through when it's a double parking space, but I never back in when it's a single one like in Tibs' video.

If it's a tight parking lot I have to back in since my truck is kinda long.

Not that I think it should be ticketed, but I don't understand why people back into parking spaces. It's easier and faster to pull in and back out.

On a related note, I know a woman who was denied an insurance claim because she was pulling out of a parking space she had backed into when she was hit by another vehicle.

If it's a tight parking lot I have to back in since my truck is kinda long.

Yep, I do the same. 3/4 ton crew cab and always pull through or back in.
Because when you're backing out there's always someone that assumes you see them while they're trying to slip by you.

Not that I think it should be ticketed, but I don't understand why people back into parking spaces. It's easier and faster to pull in and back out.

On a related note, I know a woman who was denied an insurance claim because she was pulling out of a parking space she had backed into when she was hit by another vehicle.

You back into a space when you are driving a vehicle that is more difficult to back up than a car because at the time of your entry into the space you have complete awareness of the lot. Larger vehicles are harder to turn an back up, making this a simple safety issue. Anyone with a cap on their truck will understand this.

Warrior,

It sounds like you are about to be introduced to homeschooling!
Enjoy!

The campus cops put a boot put on my car twice when I was in college lol. The rule was 3 parking tickets and you got the boot, which was $50 dollars to remove. The parking situation was this:

All over the campus the only parking lots available to the students were at the dorms, which where a good distance from the classroom buildings. There was no street parking anywhere close to them either. However there was one huge parking lot nestled right in among the buildings....for faculty only. Now this is a small college with probably no more than 35 faculty members employed but even they were never there all at once. This parking lot had at least 200 spaces. So everyday there were about 20 cars in lot and 180 open spots.

I was getting sick of walking a half mile every morning in the middle of winter so I said hell with it I'm parking there until they catch me. They caught me several times but I got away with it a good amount too. After the boot incidents I just quit driving on campus all together. The campus cops were always complete and utter ********* to deal with too. You could tell they desperately wanted to be in charge of something more important but since they couldn't they were going to **** over as many people as possible.

Last edited:
Warrior,

It sounds like you are about to be introduced to homeschooling!
Enjoy!

Ya I don't think so, I have a very good friend that's a very good attorney. The thing that really pisses me off is that we a have become a nation that can not question, and this proves that it all starts with teaching the younger generation. Here have a **** sandwich and when your done if you ask nice I will give you another. This is exactly why we as a country are in the mess we are. Most people are terrified to stand up for themselves for fear of retribution.

There was an old country song a few years back that stated " you got to stand for something or you will fall for anything" look at our country and our government in particular and tell me this isn't true. Our leaders whether it political or school systems or our police or court systems, do what ever the **** they want and they EXPECT and COUNT on us to just shut the **** up and go along. When do we as a people start standing up for ourselves and say enough is enough.

I know it was just a parking ticket and I could have very easily just let it go and paid the ten bucks, but it truly is the principal of it. Today it's a ten dollar ticket for backing into or pulling thru a space , then tomorrow it will be a fifty dollar fine for using a sun visor on your front window. Where does it stop....