• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kendrick Green Training with Maurkice Pouncey

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hmm.. maybe the Pittsburgh Steelers have a secret weapon for center Kendrick Green. That secret weapon is former Steelers All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey.

A recent Instagram story by Green shows that he’s working out with Pouncey.

Screenshot_20220207-105749-473x1024.png

Now Pouncey and Green have quite a few things in common, even if the latter isn’t exactly as talented as the former. Pouncey spent time at guard during his college days at Florida allowing his twin brother to play center.

Honestly there isn’t really a better person for Green to be training with. They’re both soft spoken, but junk yard dogs on the field. Even if Green ends up switching to guard the training he gets with Pouncey could be life saving for him and the Steelers offense.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

It always amazes me how “little” these lineman look after retiring. Faneca a great example.
This will definitely disappoint Coach, since he has stated Pouncey always sucked. But my word has Pounce dropped the weight big time! Big Red dropped a ton of weight to train for two Iron Man competitions. He also has run the Boston Marathon too.

It always amazes me how “little” these lineman look after retiring. Faneca a great example.

Take them off the juice and restrict their calories to normal man's and WhoAla................ !!!

Salute the nation

It doesn't surprise me in the least. And it shouldn't surprise anyone else really.

If you think Brady was playing at 44 the way he was because he had a certain vegetable diet and special massages, here's a Bridge in Brooklyn for you.

It doesn't surprise me in the least. And it shouldn't surprise anyone else really.

If you think Brady was playing at 44 the way he was because he had a certain vegetable diet and special massages, here's a Bridge in Brooklyn for you.
I have always thought Brady dabbed in PEDs. What do you think he was putting into his system?

The benefits of having veterans on your roster is when they take young guys under their wing. It's how the Steelers used to develop their players. I know the lack of RFA has hurt that process, but you'd still like to see this type of thing going on on the practice field and in the film room. Nice to see Pouncey taking time to work with the guy who replaced him and took his number.

I have always thought Brady dabbed in PEDs. What do you think he was putting into his system?
Firstly, PEDs are well underneath what Brady is taking. HGH is the most well-known and can only be discovered via a blood test. However, since human growth hormone is actually produced by the body and is effectively undetectable. There is no baseline from which to measure it against. And unlike traditional steroids, even though the body creates testosterone - its' a different type of testosterones that can be detected.

Keep in mind an analogy here: Saying HGH is like saying "car" - it comes in different "quality" and its not all about "muscle". The high-level stuff isn't cheap at all, I knew of professional bodybuilders 15+ years ago who spent $10K per month, can only imagine what it is now. Really if you are going to get busted for it, its coming from the paper trail.

I don't believe for a second Brady is the only guy in the league living a better life through chemistry. Joe Thomas went from immense to "average" in just one off-season. And quite frankly, James Harrison is doing things at an age that is ridiculous - of course he did it as a player too. So I hardly call it a criticism because if I don't call out my own guys and call out others like Tommy, it makes me a hypocrite. Quite frankly, I cannot believe the NFL doesn't know either, they have chosen to look the other way. In fact, I would put it as the leading reason that players head injuries increased to the point they had to change the game rules, because they just got too big, too fast, its just inconceivable to just accomplish with diet alone. And once you get paid the mega deal and approach certain ages, well, the incentive is pretty high...

I've said for years that Big Ben's body naturally produced more growth hormone than a normal person. In meeting him and many players at the Super Bowl in 2008, I wasn't joking when I said I made a lot of guys look small - but not Ben. Every feature you saw on him was "bigger" - his nose, cheeks, ears, hands, etc. It makes sense as to how he could physically do things other QBs just could not do without having to put in countless hours towards training in the off-season. A pro wrestler who had that condition (and it didn't stop) was Andre the Giant. If you looked at him, he didn't look "muscular" but his strength was off the charts and he never had to work out. I'd argue that even if Ben trained as hard as other players in the off-season it would have been marginal at best, though he could have benefitted more by playing more cerebral and studying film harder. But his body just stopped doing what it once did approaching 40 and it changed on him. That is why he dropped off like he did as fast as he did more than anything else.

The benefits of having veterans on your roster is when they take young guys under their wing. It's how the Steelers used to develop their players. I know the lack of RFA has hurt that process, but you'd still like to see this type of thing going on on the practice field and in the film room. Nice to see Pouncey taking time to work with the guy who replaced him and took his number.
One thing I believe is that very much like the way they signed former 1st round picks like Wayne Gandy and Jeff Hartings, they will do so again. While Gandy was a "premium" signing at the time, it wasn't like they went after a multi-time All Pro with him. He was simply a very good LT. Maybe had he stayed on past the 2001 season, he would have gotten the recognition it takes for an OL to get the Pro Bowls, etc.

Considering how fast the Steelers transformed their lines from 1998-2001 and 2010-2012 - building the OL is simply a commitment to it and can be done relatively quickly. Since they didn't go with Creed Montgomery in the 2nd round last year for a Center, I believe they will need to address it with the extra cap space they have and maybe one draft pick. And drive up to Mike Munchaks house with a blank check for him to fill out to come back.

Take them off the juice and restrict their calories to normal man's and WhoAla................ !!!

Salute the nation

They lose a **** ton of extra body fat. Hell Faneca ran a marathon. Just training to complete that burned up truckloads of extra stored calories.

Good for them.

One thing I believe is that very much like the way they signed former 1st round picks like Wayne Gandy and Jeff Hartings, they will do so again. While Gandy was a "premium" signing at the time, it wasn't like they went after a multi-time All Pro with him. He was simply a very good LT. Maybe had he stayed on past the 2001 season, he would have gotten the recognition it takes for an OL to get the Pro Bowls, etc.

Considering how fast the Steelers transformed their lines from 1998-2001 and 2010-2012 - building the OL is simply a commitment to it and can be done relatively quickly. Since they didn't go with Creed Montgomery in the 2nd round last year for a Center, I believe they will need to address it with the extra cap space they have and maybe one draft pick. And drive up to Mike Munchaks house with a blank check for him to fill out to come back.
It feels like signing two quality veterans is the only pathway at this point. There are just too many young guys on the line and they need a veteran tone setter. You bring in quality OL coach and a veteran to lead the room, now you have something to build on. I'm not sure adding a rookie who will experience some growing pains is necessarily the answer. We'll know what they do in free agency, but how many linemen will be available at 1.20 and who would you take at that position in the draft?

I sure Pouncey can help him with the shot gun snaps
Looked like Green had already learned from Pouncey how to snap the ball over Ben's head or at his shoelaces most of the season.