• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kenny Pickett: “…getting drafted there [to Pittsburgh] would be unbelievable.”

The response to that will be:

"I don't want a tOSU QB. They never amount to anything in the NFL. blah, blah, blah."
Because its a fact.
  • Mike Tomczak.
  • Kent Graham. ...
  • Tom Tupa. ...
  • Dwayne Haskins. ...
  • Bobby Hoying. ...
  • Terrelle Pryor. ...
  • Troy Smith. ...
  • Art Schlichter.
  • Steve Bellisari
  • Craig Krenzel
  • Cardale Jones
As if Pitt has been a hotbed of NFL QB talent over the years and Pickett is a continuation of that pattern; rather than an abnormality "IF" he should actually shine.

That's a fact too, but no one is saying Pit is a hotbed of QB's. There have been only 2 later round QB projects drafted since Dan Marino.
Unlike any OSU QB, Marino was the real deal. I'll take my chances on the possibility of another gem coming out of Pitt then on any OSU garbage.

Last edited:
Trivia question:

Since the resurgence of the Steelers in the early 90's, the Steelers had drafted 1 QB out of Pitt. Who was he?

Because its a fact.
  • Mike Tomczak.
  • Kent Graham. ...
  • Tom Tupa. ...
  • Dwayne Haskins. ...
  • Bobby Hoying. ...
  • Terrelle Pryor. ...
  • Troy Smith. ...
  • Art Schlichter.
  • Steve Bellisari
  • Craig Krenzel
  • Cardale Jones

That's a fact too, but no one is saying Pit is a hotbed of QB's. There have been only 2 later round QB projects drafted since Dan Marino.
Unlike any OSU QB, Marino was the real deal. I'll take my chances on the possibility of another gem coming out of Pitt then on any OSU garbage.
Sorry to disappoint you, but, no one is saying that tOSU is a "hotbed" of QBs. In fact, the narrative is just the opposite around the country. Now, Tomczak, Graham, Schlister and Pryor were at least capable spot starters in the NFL. Tupa made it as a punter (double talented guy there). I won't embarrass you with the list of Pitt QBs other than Marino. You want to talk about garbage?
Putting any fandom aside, neither university is pumping out QB talent. If Pickett is the exception, great. I think Stroud will be damned good also. If someone asked me would I take Pickett this year, knowing that he will be good, behind our line and with our WR corp as constituted or, would I spend picks this year on fixing our OL problems and move heaven and earth to get Stroud or Young next year. .... Well, the answer is obvious ... putting aside fandom that is.

Steelers will have to overpay for Pickett because everyone knows they like him and he made comments about wanting to play for Pittsburgh. I don't think there is any way we get him we just have too many other needs. It would be dumb throw a rookie QB behind our line

No not really, other comparisons are the stats... Pickett broke all Marinos records.

At 6'3" 220 I'd rather have Pickett then that midget from Alabama.
Yaaaaa.... That may be an indication that the game has changed juuuuuuuuust a bit.

Trivia question:

Since the resurgence of the Steelers in the early 90's, the Steelers had drafted 1 QB out of Pitt. Who was he?
Alex Van Pelt.

No not really, other comparisons are the stats... Pickett broke all Marinos records.

At 6'3" 220 I'd rather have Pickett then that midget from Alabama.
Ha
You want to bam ba ?
You wanna chiiiill wit the big boys ?

Na you dey run kiti kiti

( Sorry song flashback)

Yaaaaa.... That may be an indication that the game has changed juuuuuuuuust a bit.
(Cough) passing league (cough)

Think it is clear now ahem..

Last edited:
Isn't the Ohio State QB coming out next year as well? If he has a good year, he will be one of the top QB's in the draft. I would have no problem waiting a year. We will probably have a better draft pick.
Young and Stround are going top 3 in the draft.

Well, go on ...don't keep us in suspense.
If breaking Marinos records count for nothing, then what criteria would he have to meet for your approval?

Young and Stround are going top 3 in the draft.
So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

If he falls to the Steelers pick and you have serious scouting and believe he is the guy, go get him. You should absolutely know what he can do. But I would not trade up to get him. Unless you really really believe he is the guy.

Because its a fact.
  • Mike Tomczak.
  • Kent Graham. ...
  • Tom Tupa. ...
  • Dwayne Haskins. ...
  • Bobby Hoying. ...
  • Terrelle Pryor. ...
  • Troy Smith. ...
  • Art Schlichter.
  • Steve Bellisari
  • Craig Krenzel
  • Cardale Jones

There is probably something to be said about teams like alabama and osu that are annually overloaded with talent from top to bottom not developing nfl caliber qbs because honestly they don’t need to… just a college style guy who can take advantage of their talent discrepancy….

Ah the late 90’s Tomzack/Graham days.
Good times. Good times lol.

Pickett would look great in the black & gold though.

but pickett can only dream of being as good as Marino
To be fair, he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

That's what is fun about all of this, we only have an emotional investment, unlike the teams that will roll the dice with every pick.

Ah the late 90’s Tomzack/Graham days.
Good times. Good times lol.

Pickett would look great in the black & gold though.

In that uniform everybody does.lol

Reactions: MTC