• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kevin Colbert Gives Latest Insight on What Could be the Best QB1 Competition in Steelers’ History

I am two foId want to thank him for always bringing a decent amount of talent to the room. But in free agency for years I had mix feelings on what was accomplished or should I say what wasn't accomplished. Just think it is a good thing to get some fresh ideas in the room.
I know Colbert drafted a few duds. so will the next guy. Hopefully the new guy hits the homeruns that Colbert did as well. I agree with the fresh ideas, It can only help. Maybe the next guy can maneuver free agency a bit better. but the Steelers philosophy has always been build through the draft.

Hopefully the GM also brings a fresh take to the draft.

Mocking yourself down to your pick is ok, it always ensures you gotta guy when your turn on the clock comes around, but the race up to turn in the pick is just stupid…it’s ok to use that time on the clock and see if one of the league twatwaffles would like to blow your doors off with some draft capital.

Not only could we maneuver free agency in a more modern way we could definitely stand to add a few tools to the box on draft day.

Can’t argue with KC’s track record tho, or is it BB’s track record everyone has been getting fat off? Bout to find out on that

I know Colbert drafted a few duds. so will the next guy. Hopefully the new guy hits the homeruns that Colbert did as well. I agree with the fresh ideas, It can only help. Maybe the next guy can maneuver free agency a bit better. but the Steelers philosophy has always been build through the draft.
Now it is a combination gets you to the big dance. A combination of good choices and good coaching. They need to have good choices in free agency to make up for the not so good draft choices.

Didn't seem to take as long when they hired Colbert. So maybe no so normal in that aspect. As far as appropriate time length I would have actually liked the new GM in place before the draft to assist with his viewpoints, maybe even welcomed fresh ideas.. But if the process being lengthy means they hire an upgrade I am all for it. To me a lengthy process means you weren't so hell bent on what you had inhouse. Just this man's opinion...

My biggest fear is they promote from with-in. We need outside organization eyes and views as our organization has become stale with mrdeocrace. Colbert was a part of the hometown thinking and with his departure is an opportune time to bring in someone completely new.

Our VERY average coach and his staff are here for awhile but as some leave NEW need to be brought in to sort of off-set the average mentality adopted..

Salute the nation

Hopefully the GM also brings a fresh take to the draft.

Mocking yourself down to your pick is ok, it always ensures you gotta guy when your turn on the clock comes around, but the race up to turn in the pick is just stupid…it’s ok to use that time on the clock and see if one of the league twatwaffles would like to blow your doors off with some draft capital.

Not only could we maneuver free agency in a more modern way we could definitely stand to add a few tools to the box on draft day.

Can’t argue with KC’s track record tho, or is it BB’s track record everyone has been getting fat off? Bout to find out on that

Make no mistake that some credit has to go to our HOF QB and his penchant for finding ways to win as evident by his come from behind record setting nubers. He has done that his entire career so that translates to different and variety of personael through the years but him being the constant.

Had BEN had better coaching such as Cowher the entire time Tomlin has been here,...... I'd see at least 2-3 more SB wins than current, YES 5 total.

Colvert being the constant in this scenerio so the talent would have remained near or close enough.

Salute the nation

the Best QB1 Competition in Steelers’ History​

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa ...

Have you forgotten the Korky vs. Mr. Garbage Lawn brawl of 2002??

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa ...

Have you forgotten the Korky vs. Mr. Garbage Lawn brawl of 2002??
I thought Charlie Batch me up a can of tuna, life insurance salesman, and London isn't the only place to look at a BigBen was a nice trifecta...

I thought Charlie Batch me up a can of tuna, life insurance salesman, and London isn't the only place to look at a BigBen was a nice trifecta...

I actually got all that..................................... :)

Salute the nation

I tell you whoever else this job is saddled with a hell of a bigger problem then Kenny Pickett. Dealing with cool shades as last man standing. He has never won jack **** without 7. There are gonna have to be big decisions down the road there.