• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Kwon Alexander to visit.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...-kwon-alexander-set-to-visit-steelers-monday/

I hope they sign him that would shore up one of the 4 weak depth areas. The other 3? Inside Corner, OLber, and possibly WR depending on if Austin can make it through training camp healthy.

This is from NYJETS.com from a few months ago in January while the season was in progress...Pretty rousing endorsement of him as a football player

"This past season, Alexander was reunited with his the defensive coordinator he played for on the San Francisco 49ers in 2019-20 —Jets head coach Robert Saleh.
"I was with Kwon in San Francisco, so you kind of knew what you were getting," Saleh said in November. "The dude packs a punch, he brings energy, he's unbelievable in the locker room, his teammates love him, coaches love him, and he's brought a different swagger to our defense.

Alexander's numbers proved how impactful he was, too. Not only was Alexander part of a defense that went from last in 2021 to a top-5 ranked group this past season, but he had 69 tackles, half of a sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defensed and 17 stuffs. Most importantly, he played all 17 games this past season"...

This would be awesome if we can grab him...

This is from NYJETS.com from a few months ago in January while the season was in progress...Pretty rousing endorsement of him as a football player

"This past season, Alexander was reunited with his the defensive coordinator he played for on the San Francisco 49ers in 2019-20 —Jets head coach Robert Saleh.
"I was with Kwon in San Francisco, so you kind of knew what you were getting," Saleh said in November. "The dude packs a punch, he brings energy, he's unbelievable in the locker room, his teammates love him, coaches love him, and he's brought a different swagger to our defense.

Alexander's numbers proved how impactful he was, too. Not only was Alexander part of a defense that went from last in 2021 to a top-5 ranked group this past season, but he had 69 tackles, half of a sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defensed and 17 stuffs. Most importantly, he played all 17 games this past season"...

This would be awesome if we can grab him...
When I was skimming Twitter I saw a Jet fan react something along the lines of, "we are just going to let him go"?

You have two new shiny toys with three recently out the door. I think they should even Steven which helps if one goes down.

He’d be a good pickup good compliment to the run stuffers we already signed GoSteelers!

I don't kwon him that much, can he cover a bit or are we having 4 buck linebackers ?
He has had a significant injury past but did well last year as far as not missing time. He has always been a blitz capable, coverage capable type. With his run stop capable ok but maybe no more than that.

So you would be getting a guy that you can sub in coverage. I think he has an ability to upgrade in that aspect. Which from that standpoint could bring him reps with the Steelers having 1starting LBer that is a downhill thumper less coverage capable type.

I don't kwon him that much, can he cover a bit or are we having 4 buck linebackers ?

DK sports had a Daily Shot on him this morning. It was positive, not a Shazier level, but would be a solid addition to the team.

Salute the nation

Buddy of mine is a knowledgeable Jets fan and he said it would be a huge loss.

It would be a massive upgrade from last year, no doubt.
He's had a bunch of aggravating injuries in his career, but has also had a big contract already. I could see him buying into the whole Standard is the standard/Tomlin hoopla

Is there such a thing?

A long time ago, Barnum and Bailey had one in a windowed cage you could go right up and have a close look…………….

less long time ago, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, did a segment on that as well……….

Salute the nation

Guess they didn't sign him and probably won't at this point. Guys like him usually don't leave unless there's no contract being signed.

If they don’t sign before leaving, generally the Rooney’s don’t sign them at all. Been the way they do business.

Salute the nation

Go take a look at available ufa edge guys… this is an atypical season and a bunch are floating out there… i don’t think we need to rush to overpay a backup… if the development guys can’t hack it…we will find someone