• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lamar Jackson is playing for big money

As I have said before, the Ravens need to play it safe. They need to sign Lamar to 8 years $500mm all guaranteed immediately. It is the only way!!!

I read the first sentence and thought I was going to have to rip you a new one..................... then the 2nd sentence kicked in and I was happy, Maybe not a "watson" happy ending but close !!!!

Slaute the nation

I think a 100 million a year deal for 10 years makes the most sense. Fully guaranteed.

Could you imagine these deals if Burfdefect was still in the league?

If the guarantees are high it will end the Ravens for the last 3/4 of the contract.
If action Jackson is their QB it will limit their playoff participation in 4/4 of the contract.

Pay that man ratbirds!

Could you imagine these deals if Burfdefect was still in the league?

I wonder if he was, how many of these "big" contracts could cleveland afford ?

Salute the nation

“Less willing to guarantee it all”? I’m sure they’re much less willing to guarantee it all.

Zero chance the Ravens are going to give Jackson a fully guaranteed contract, but he's also likely to see every dime of that contract if he signs a 4-year extension.

listening to 105.7 the fan, I would say 1/2 the fans want to sign him to a large contract and the other 1/2 want to trade him for multiple 1st round picks and start huntley

This is my assumption. Jackson had a great first starting season. The one read and run was hard for team to stop as they were playing him like a QB. Since then teams are playing him more like a RB giving him a pre-read look then taking it away. Thus why his interceptions have gone up with his touchdowns and yards going down. Furthermore teams have put a spy one him which has slowed his running ability a little. As his yards per carry and yards per game have decreased but are still his bread and butter. I guess if I am the Ravens I would rather tag him two years and see if he can learn to read a defense or run a more prototypical passing offense. Watson might be a rapist but he is a pass first QB and uses his legs second.

This is my assumption. Jackson had a great first starting season. The one read and run was hard for team to stop as they were playing him like a QB. Since then teams are playing him more like a RB giving him a pre-read look then taking it away. Thus why his interceptions have gone up with his touchdowns and yards going down. Furthermore teams have put a spy one him which has slowed his running ability a little. As his yards per carry and yards per game have decreased but are still his bread and butter. I guess if I am the Ravens I would rather tag him two years and see if he can learn to read a defense or run a more prototypical passing offense. Watson might be a rapist but he is a pass first QB and uses his legs second.
I would trade him for as much as another team is willing to pay.

listening to 105.7 the fan, I would say 1/2 the fans want to sign him to a large contract and the other 1/2 want to trade him for multiple 1st round picks and start huntley
huntley is no better than Brisset (sp). If they are hanging their hopes on that kid they are screwed too

Lamar is out of his mind if he takes a single snap without a long term deal.
He must protect his body! The Ravens haven't give him the non passing game manager his money. Once the do, the defense and the OL will drop off in free agency.