• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lame Duck Senate Will Vote To Approve Keystone Pipeline

One of the cool comments below one of these stories was the guy lamenting that, if the REAL reason you were against the pipeline were environmental, did those suddenly go away? what changed between a year ago and today to make the pipleine more environmentally friendly? Did it suddenly NOT contribute to Global Warming, err, Climate Change?

This is why I hate current politics. I wish someone would hold her feet to the fire and ask her why she has changed her mind. Then be a total ******* ******** until she gives an honest answer. If she tried some crap like "The jobs it would create..." or "I have always supported BUT....." tell he she is a lying piece of **** and that is why she was voted out. Then say, the people of Louisiana see through your bullshit and that is why you are about to get creamed in this election, good luck in your future endeavors you lying *****.

This is why I hate current politics. I wish someone would hold her feet to the fire and ask her why she has changed her mind. Then be a total ******* ******** until she gives an honest answer. If she tried some crap like "The jobs it would create..." or "I have always supported BUT....." tell he she is a lying piece of **** and that is why she was voted out. Then say, the people of Louisiana see through your bullshit and that is why you are about to get creamed in this election, good luck in your future endeavors you lying *****.

"Mary, you ignorant slut!"

Just in case anyone was wondering about bho's obstinance toward the pipeline, its his usual deeply considered and scrupulous ethics that prevent his support. He's a man of unassailable quality, I tell you. We're lucky to have him serve us.

bho BNSF.jpg

http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/toyota-mirai-1416257358-slideshow/

Some think the above is the future. If Keystone ever gets built, someday it will be a monument to stupidity. It will sit empty, while
the future happened instead.

Watch the OPEC meeting on Nov 27. If they set the barrel of oil price below $70, tar sand oil and shale oil could stop. Companies will not produce at prices that
lose money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/photos/toyota-mirai-1416257358-slideshow/

Some think the above is the future. If Keystone ever gets built, someday it will be a monument to stupidity. It will sit empty, while
the future happened instead.

Watch the OPEC meeting on Nov 27. If they set the barrel of oil price below $70, tar sand oil and shale oil could stop. Companies will not produce at prices that
lose money.

BRAHAHA Yahoo finance? You ***** and scream about sources and then you come here with ******* Yahoo? I guess anything to get the liberal point across huh?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/b...ehicle-thanks-to-toyota-technology-88959.html

The Germans and BMW are following suit with the fuel cell. This isn't a liberal issue. It's about knowing what's going to happen in the future
and attempting to compete. Listening to people that live in the past isn't going to do us any good, unless you want Asian countries to keep
buying the United States. Do you want your kids and grandkids to all eat with chopsticks?.

Having come up in the salad days of F1, I will always pine for the internal combustion engine, no matter how primitive they may seem. To me, there isn't a sweeter sound than a Ferrari 312 coming hard off a straight into a hairpin and exiting with the same urgency. Honorable mention to the Cosworth DFV.... and the Porsche 917 (different venue). The fragrance of those machines on a crisp Autumn day at the Glen was not to be missed.

That said, there is and will be better technology to move people, and I'm all for it. And with that said, it amazes me how clean modern internal combustion vehicles are. Its beyond amazing. ULEV-II??!! Get outa town! The state of the auto for the masses is not a threat to the planet or its oil reserves, especially with what engine management systems can and will be able to do.

Recall the rumors of the "200 MPG carburetor" and the demise of its inventor. The technology has been there in various forms to build ultra efficient petrol engines for half a century. The "powers that be" would have no parts of it - too much to be made on petrol. The world seems content with a range of 15-45 MPG. And from an economic and environmental standpoint, that's hard to argue against.

Not entirely sold on fuel cells yet - irrational phobia for Hydrogen tanks behind me. Teslas are seriously cool though. If only the market for Lithium would grow to justify our long term presence in Afghanistan.

Do you want your kids and grandkids to all eat with chopsticks?.

I'd prefer my kids and grandkids all had oil and gas wells in their back yards pumping out money. I'm all in favor of alternative energy with the potential to starve out the Arabs as long as it doesn't cost a lot. But so far that's why it has to be subsidized. No one could afford it at market price.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/b...ehicle-thanks-to-toyota-technology-88959.html

The Germans and BMW are following suit with the fuel cell. This isn't a liberal issue. It's about knowing what's going to happen in the future
and attempting to compete. Listening to people that live in the past isn't going to do us any good, unless you want Asian countries to keep
buying the United States. Do you want your kids and grandkids to all eat with chopsticks?.

I heard the same **** in the 80s when everyone thought Japan was going to take over the world. They're economy has sucked since 94. You want your kids to be eating dogs? There's more Mexicans and central americans coming here than Asians. I'm guessing your ok with that however.

Also, liberal ideas are what makes advancing technology so difficult. Government intrusion into alternative fuels like ethanol is a ******* disaster. Burning corn is the single most ignorant thing anyone can do to hurt the American people. But that's liberalism. Solar panels were the future so the government invested BILLIONS of dollars into companies that went bankrupt. And they are still doing it. Let the market work it out. Don't spend BILLIONS of dollar ******* around with **** that doesn't work. Nuclear power works great. 80% of France is run on it. But not here because the liberals throw a hissy fit and cry like babies when it is brought up. Nuclear power is the future but these backwards, flat earth, Neanderthal liberals won't accept it.

You want your kids to be eating dogs?
Bomma ate dogs in Indonesia and grew up to be President.

There's more Mexicans and central americans coming here than Asians. I'm guessing your ok with that however.
The curry is strong at the airport tonight.

Burning corn is the single most ignorant thing anyone can do to hurt the American people. But that's liberalism.
Bomma hates Mexicans and people who need a gluten-free diet and wants to starve them.

ha ha, the Dems just threw Landrieu under the bus

The new Congress will pass it in the spring with a veto proof count

I blame the hippies and blacks.

nobody cares what they say, they don't vote in the midterms

Fracking to be permitted in National Forest

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Over the objection of environmental groups and Virginia's governor, a federal management plan released Tuesday will allow a form of natural gas drilling known as fracking to occur in parts of the largest national forest on the East Coast.

The U.S. Forest Service originally planned to ban fracking in the 1.1 million-acre George Washington National Forest, but energy companies cried foul after a draft of the plan was released in 2011. It would have been the first outright ban on the practice in a national forest.

"We think we've ended up in a much better place, which is we are allowing oil and gas drilling," Robert Bonnie, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's undersecretary for natural resources and environment, told The Associated Press in a telephone interview.

http://www.chron.com/business/energ...e-permitted-in-GW-National-Forest-5899909.php

HA...the Dems get Landrieu's vote on ObamaCare buying it with the "Lousiana Purchase" then circle and eat their wounded own when she needed them.

The Dems made their bed a long time ago and it's with the Greenies not the unions.

Landrieu was already done. She was down 16 points last I heard and has no chance of winning. Can't wait for the Senate to change. Send the bill back up and make BHO eat it.