• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let them eat cake!!!

Buster

Reaction score
The good: Help motivated, hard-working Americans cover their nut.

The bad: A government-run program. Double - no, triple - the anticipated costs, and halve the anticipated benefit. Government-run programs would ruin an orgasm. Deadweight leeches sucking the government tit, and interested in nothing more than working less and getting paid more, with unions and elected officials behind the. Massively increasing the national deficit due to the inevitable - ****, people, look at government projected costs for major giveaway programs vs. actual cost - cost overruns. Increasing the national debt to a point where we plummet into a massive recession, due to stupid, self-absorbed government workers crying "waaaaaaah" when the Fed announces a ******* slowdown of program growth. Recession leading to more violence and anger among the shrinking middle class and blue collar workers, who work hard and make a decent living but are being tossed aside for the Democrats' obsession with the poor and immigrants. A massive transfer of jobs to Mexico and Costa Rica, since those nations don't make employers pay that ******* tax. Soaring unemployment, leading to another massive drain on government resources. Finally, the inevitable economic collapse after 83-year old Jerry Brown takes over for the impeached (the 3rd consecutive President impeached, by the way) Andrew Yang, and immediately doubles the government giveaway, causing a stock market crash and business closures and bankruptcies that causes even Barry O. to say, "What the ****?"

The need for this is caused by a poor educational system and government policies that are unfriendly to business. The average person can't get a decent middle-class job any more, or at least there aren't enough jobs for the number of people we have.

Main question I have is where is the money going to come from?

I just need a few hundred grand business loan. I'll pay it off inside of 16 months. I don't need a 1000 bucks of someone else's money for nothing.

The need for this is caused by a poor educational system and government policies that are unfriendly to business. The average person can't get a decent middle-class job any more, or at least there aren't enough jobs for the number of people we have.

If I close the Fed and start printing US owned dollars again, I could eliminate all income tax on private citizens who earn less than $1M.

VOTE FOR COPE!

Whatever amount people have as more disposable income whether they are poor, middle class or wealthy will be reflected in what people will charge. If the average person has an extra G a month everything will get jacked up to reflect it.

1000 will lead to 2000...to 3000....and so on. It will never be "enough" for those who leech off the system.

I don't know about your area, but around here there are a **** ton of working-class, good paying, blue collar jobs that can't be filled due to lack of people applying or lack of skills. Some of these places are willing to on the job train, and still have trouble filling the spots. Honestly it's a kick back from the push every child to college instead of giving them another path crap that's been going on for years.

I don't know about your area, but around here there are a **** ton of working-class, good paying, blue collar jobs that can't be filled due to lack of people applying or lack of skills. Some of these places are willing to on the job train, and still have trouble filling the spots. Honestly it's a kick back from the push every child to college instead of giving them another path crap that's been going on for years.

This is true. The Raleigh, NC area is brimming with good paying jobs. I know over the last year or two there has been a large influx of out of state plates, but it isn't enough. Right now, that area is where its at.

This is true. The Raleigh, NC area is brimming with good paying jobs. I know over the last year or two there has been a large influx of out of state plates, but it isn't enough. Right now, that area is where its at.

Jesus, don't even get me started on all the people moving in to the state. I love the ones that move here and ***** about it as not being as good as where they came from **cough cough...New Yorkers...cough cough** As if anyone ever says they are moving up north when they retire. lol.

Anyways............My husband owns his own business and he can't keep up with the work coming in and has to turn jobs away. He deals with a lot of trucking companies, dealerships etc. and all of them say they have openings, good paying openings they can't fill. Hell, Caterpillar is still trying to fill positions here at $40,000 a year and higher. I mean, wtf?

Whatever amount people have as more disposable income whether they are poor, middle class or wealthy will be reflected in what people will charge. If the average person has an extra G a month everything will get jacked up to reflect it.

Holy ****, I agree with Sask on something.

I don't know about NC, but while that's all true, here in western PA there were few of those jobs available for the last 35 years so that's another reason why people didn't go into those lines of work, coupled with a large population loss. It wasn't just steel mills but when they closed they took a lot of other jobs and people with them. Now the gas drilling and Shell Chemical plant construction (6000 jobs) ramped up so fast there wasn't time to train people who were already here.

Need another funeral director?
I learned as a young economics student, the labor supply isn't as mobile or flexible in real life as it is in theory.

Last edited:
they'll "give" $1,000, then introduce small raises in taxes that most people will see as non-consequential. In turn, the gubmint will get back that $1,000 and more.
and, as Steeltime said, have cost overruns, etc.

Just give me my $1000/mo and let me be happy. I don't care about any consequences or govt debt. Gimme gimme gimme!

Need another funeral director?
I learned as a young economics student, the labor supply isn't as mobile or flexible in real life as it is in theory.

Considering most services are in demand, and the population growth, I'm sure funeral director would be a need as there would be more dead people........and it's warmer than PA.

Just give me my $1000/mo and let me be happy. I don't care about any consequences or govt debt. Gimme gimme gimme!

That will be what all of the full time welfare folks say too...haha. **** those folks will be sitting in the wagon chilling and drinking a beer watching the dumb people work for them.

Considering most services are in demand, and the population growth, I'm sure funeral director would be a need as there would be more dead people........and it's warmer than PA.

the only reason it's cold in PA is Ron has a heart of ice. anywhere he moves will experience climate change the likes of which make Al Gore's silk panties wrinkle.

I’m not buying that it would dissuade people from working if everyone gets $1,000/mo. I think there would be a lot of families of 4 (or more) that who would be fat and happy with $48k+/year. That’s damn near the median household income.

I’m not buying that it would dissuade people from working if everyone gets $1,000/mo. I think there would be a lot of families of 4 (or more) that who would be fat and happy with $48k+/year. That’s damn near the median household income.

so you think the gubmint is going to give "everyone" $1,000? including children?

Same is going on here in SC , we have tons of good paying jobs but are having trouble finding people. In my field we have been flying people in from all over the country to find qualified help.