• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let them eat cake!!!

Same is going on here in SC , we have tons of good paying jobs but are having trouble finding people. In my field we have been flying people in from all over the country to find qualified help.

I guess I'll have to search NC and SC instead on Monster. Problem is to get a funeral director license in SC I'd have to be licensed here for 5 friggen' years, which is a ridiculous requirement. GA is 3 years. FL has no minimum if you're already licensed, just pass their legal test.

I might listen if they gave every WORKING person $1,000 a month.

I'd just be happy if the money in my savings account was earning interest again.

I guess I'll have to search NC and SC instead on Monster. Problem is to get a funeral director license in SC I'd have to be licensed here for 5 friggen' years, which is a ridiculous requirement. GA is 3 years. FL has no minimum if you're already licensed, just pass their legal test.

A family friend of mine owns the only mortuary in our small town. He makes a killing. (sorry couldn't help myself)

I don't know about your area, but around here there are a **** ton of working-class, good paying, blue collar jobs that can't be filled due to lack of people applying or lack of skills. Some of these places are willing to on the job train, and still have trouble filling the spots. Honestly it's a kick back from the push every child to college instead of giving them another path crap that's been going on for years.

I can confirm absolutely what NCS is saying. The problem in finding motivated, hardworking employees willing to work on a trade spans the United States. Some of my clients run businesses - an electrician, guy who runs a garage, an HVAC professional. They tell me repeatedly how difficult it is to find employees willing to work hard. Their employees show up late, show up high or drunk, or don't show up at all.

Sounds a lot like UBI.

This $1000 a month that everybody gets, is that going to come from the Bomma stash?