• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let there never be a discouraging word.

The people who live under the bridge now who were part of making billions for a company that damaged them permanently couod be compensated yes. The Steelers pissed 2.75 million on an injured player last year. Tuna gave 4 million and took care of 20 people. We are not talking about everyone. Case by case.
i am talking about everyone. why not?

Love Tuna, always have. Not surprised at his compassion; surprised that the receipient matters to some.

.. said about this man.

Pretty much the approach I take on a much smaller scale. When people get deep pockets they tend to get tighter with their funds. So it takes a special man (or woman) who does for others with no expected return.

I know a few from this site who are like this to animals or people.

Kudos to you all keep up the good work, and kudos to you Bill.

Great read and post slash, thanks for of them along the way

A-N-D

THANK YOU for those you get to help, many people just need a hand up, and at times we can lend that hand.

Salute the nation

The League does have one - it's called a minimum salary which is set at multiples of the average person's annual salary. The league shouldn't be responsible for topping up ex-players finances if they (or their advisers) can't manage the money they have already been paid

Fully agree, accountability is a must. These players aren’t held accountable for anything…….

Who is going to BAIL my ___ out?

Salute the nation

One way they could do it is force a certain percent of pay into a post NFL fund. Once that person stops playing that fund could be used to give out paychecks every 2 weeks or every month for xx years. At least it would give guys some sort of stable income for a little bit.

One way they could do it is force a certain percent of pay into a post NFL fund. Once that person stops playing that fund could be used to give out paychecks every 2 weeks or every month for xx years. At least it would give guys some sort of stable income for a little bit.
Oh jeeeeez. You had me at “ force a certain percent of pay”. Force.
I am getting so sick and tired of people thinking it’s alright to FORCE people to pay for every little whim of theirs. Like it’s just no big deal. When does it ever end?

Then these same fools hire a work force to make sure the people they FORCE to pay do so.......at the Much higher cost than what was forced to be put in. What a word. Forced. Let’s just take it all away so people like you can tell us where our hard earned $$$ should go. Of course.......as long as it’s not your money....right jitter?

I don't think we are talking about the current players. The current players get massive training before they even put on a jersey. And ask yourself why they get that training? I don't think we are even talking about vested pension former players. Their pension exceeds my salary. We are talking about a very few who don't fit into a box and aren't going to smoke it up in a crack pipe either.