• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Let's get it on record

MeanJim

Forefather
Reaction score
Seven very winnable games left. The toughest two teams (Ravens and Giants) are at home. 2 games with Cleveland. Three games away at the mediocre Colts, Bills, and Bengals. So, with our moron coach, light-in-the-*** defense, and inconsistent offense, I say we lose one of the home games, one the the road games, and one very shameful game to the Browns. That would put us at 8-8.

Of course, they could surprise me and go either 6-1 or 7-0 the rest of the way, but I don't think that's even possible with our moron coach. Hell, his best call last night was the next to the last Zeke Elliott touchdown. Oh, he didn't tell the defense to let him score? LOL. When was he going to call time out?

No playoffs this year. I think 2-5 is more likely than 5-2. And 5-2 probably wouldn't get us in.

ktm rider

Reaction score
image.jpg

TWEEK1106

Reaction score
I for one hope the make it, once you're in who knows what can happen, and there's just as much of a chance as us going on a run in Jan as their is with Tomlin hitting on a high draft pick.

Hadn't even thought of that. Tomlin's about as suspect with drafting as a babysitting service run by casey Anthony.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't think so. Of course I'm rooting for them to but the team is on the ropes.

steeler b

Reaction score
No...do we even want to? For starters, the Ravens and Patriots OWN us.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Why the **** are you worrying about the Playoffs? The worry right now should be trying to win the NEXT GAME.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I for one hope the make it, once you're in who knows what can happen, and there's just as much of a chance as us going on a run in Jan as their is with Tomlin hitting on a high draft pick.

yes, that's what I'd like to think too but then my brain keeps saying "one and done" and that would extend mediocrity around the team. Better to get rid of the coach(es) if he'll keep the team as a ferrari doing just 60 mph

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
They will go 6-1 down the stretch and get into the playoffs.
9-7 wins this division. If the Steelers don't make the playoffs Mike Tomlin, and Colbert should be fired.

but if they make it and of course then lose in their first playoff game they might get their contracts extended, isn't that worse?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
but if they make it and of course then lose in their first playoff game they might get their contracts extended, isn't that worse?
Or they could win the Super Bowl? The same team was a fumble away from the AFC Championship game last year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Why the **** are you worrying about the Playoffs? The worry right now should be trying to win the NEXT GAME.

Because I want to get everyone's ******* opinion so all the crybabies can eat crow when they make it. I'm pretty sure no one on this site is suiting up for the game on Sunday so we can let the organization worry about the next game and we can continue to talk in hypocriticals because that's what fans do.

LeXX75

Contributor
Reaction score
They will do just enough so that we can continue to have Mike Tomlin must go threads. So yes I think they do make it somehow

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The odds are going toward a big no way. We're at 4 losses in a row now . When is this big change going to occur? Defensively they can't stop the run or the pass now. They give up big plays off of what should be short plays. Our division sucks and we could very well win it. But that defense isn't going to get it done the way it looks right now. There's no way to sugar coat it.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not glass half full guy, but somehow because of the completely terrible division we're in we'll squeak in. I always feel like once you're in anything can happen, but some banged up guys have to get right or it will all be for nothing even if they do.

Hines field

Reaction score
The odds are going toward a big no way. We're at 4 losses in a row now . When is this big change going to occur? Defensively they can't stop the run or the pass now. They give up big plays off of what should be short plays. Our division sucks and we could very well win it. But that defense isn't going to get it done the way it looks right now. There's no way to sugar coat it.

mind boggling, every week we hear, that is the longest play from scrimmage for "insert team" this year.

ExUSAF

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't imagine winning on the road vs. Colts and Bills. We'll most likely drop the Bengals and possibly Ravens game since they own us. So my guess is, no.

C'mon, I've been to the last two Bengal home games and we won both times and also won the playoff game last year. The Bengals wished they owned us. Still don't think the playoffs are in our future since I think we have at least three more losses.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, they'll make it ... but, unless they get to the Super Bowl, all they'll be doing is hurting their chances to improve via the draft. They need more talent on the DL and Edge.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope.

I would not be suprised if Mr Tomlin gets us to the end of the season with a 7-9 record.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

icb63

Reaction score
Nope, no way, not a chance....

I would like to amend my prediction, I actually think they have a good chance to make the playoffs. It's even conceivable they could go into the last 3 games with a record of 5-8 and have a shot to win the division. Unbelievable!

Last edited: