• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

LeVeon Bell doesn't want to play for JETS.

Le'Veon Bell: Contract talks 'about the guarantees'

Bell now willing to accept franchise tag

Le'Veon Bell said his priority in contract negotiations with the Steelers is guaranteed money.

"Yeah, a lot of it is about the guarantees," he said. "That's what a long-term deal really is, you know? You want that security."

Bell has also changed his tune on being franchise-tagged, saying he has no plans to hold out if the Steelers tag him again in 2018.

When asked if he'd accept a deal worth $50 million guaranteed, Bell said, "Absolutely." The deadline to assign the franchise tag is March 6 at 4 PM ET.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

-------------------

Crisis averted

Roto world isn't right. He is on video today at the SB saying that he absolutely would consider retirement. He said he'd travel around the world and watch a lot of football.

Link https://twitter.com/NFLGameDay/status/959516203009105920

Last edited:
Of course he'd accept $50 million guaranteed. He'd then proceed to get suspended for a year for pot again and we'd have no recourse.

Bell has also changed his tune on being franchise-tagged, saying he has no plans to hold out if the Steelers tag him again in 2018.

We can only hope

Franchise QB money for a RB when the current day dynasty disposed of them annually?

Put down the crack pipe.

DUDE, I DON'T SMOKE CRACK unless you were referring to Bell as that is the kind of money and time he is looking for. In no way am I advocating to sign him at this level or time frame. I see him taking way to much CAP space that the rest of the team suffers. Sign him and no one else or sign several payers to strengthen the team, no brainier as TEAM should win every time. Now what will front office do??????? Time will reveal that to us soon.

CRACK never wins and Bell has had substance abuse problems.

Salute the nation

DUDE, I DON'T SMOKE CRACK unless you were referring to Bell as that is the kind of money and time he is looking for. In no way am I advocating to sign him at this level or time frame. I see him taking way to much CAP space that the rest of the team suffers. Sign him and no one else or sign several payers to strengthen the team, no brainier as TEAM should win every time. Now what will front office do??????? Time will reveal that to us soon.

Salute the nation

Rick James says cocaine is one helluva drug

Rick James says cocaine is one helluva drug

very addictive drug

I blame that drug as a stair step to Heroin, that did my friend in.

RIP Bill /not forgotten

Salute the nation

When I was in Germany we named our track vehicle Sweet Leaf, our LT went bat **** and made us change it. So we changed it to Snow Blind. And nothing was said lulz.

Last edited:
Le'Veon Bell: Contract talks 'about the guarantees'

Bell now willing to accept franchise tag

Le'Veon Bell said his priority in contract negotiations with the Steelers is guaranteed money.

"Yeah, a lot of it is about the guarantees," he said. "That's what a long-term deal really is, you know? You want that security."

When asked if he'd accept a deal worth $50 million guaranteed, Bell said, "Absolutely." The deadline to assign the franchise tag is March 6 at 4 PM ET.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

-------------------

Crisis averted
Guaranteed money the Steelers are crazy to pay that and deserve what they get if they do. With the way he gets hurt and gets suspended that would be nuts. Bell has to pay for blowing this teams chances 3 years in,a row. I would never and the fans would not blame the team if they didn't all they have to do is remind the fans of his reliability which is bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Guaranteed money the Steelers are crazy to pay that and deserve what they get if they do. With the way he gets hurt and gets suspended that would be nuts. Bell has to pay for blowing this teams chances 3 years in,a row. I would never and the fans would not blame the team if they didn't all they have to do is remind the fans of his reliability which is bad.

Bell has to pay for blowing this teams chances three years in a row? Wtf does that even mean?

I can see them offering him 20-25 million guaranteed. I wouldn't go any higher than that based on his history of suspensions, only playing one full season and the number of touches he's already had in his career.

I can see them offering him 20-25 million guaranteed. I wouldn't go any higher than that based on his history of suspensions, only playing one full season and the number of touches he's already had in his career.
He balked at 30M guaranteed last year, so you'd think that would be the minimum from where the negotiations start, no?

He balked at 30M guaranteed last year, so you'd think that would be the minimum from where the negotiations start, no?

Forgot about that. If they offered him that last year, I still wouldn't go much higher. Just by franchising him last year and this year, he was pretty much guaranteed 26+ million. He doesn't have that leverage now as this will be the last time they can franchise him and he's another year older and for RB's, that is the kiss of death.

Sign him to the franchise tag as that should have been the plan all along. Work him hard and don't let the door hit yaz on the way out next year............. UNLESS you can trade him

Salute the nation

Bell has to pay for blowing this teams chances three years in a row? Wtf does that even mean?
What has he done. First off season he smokes pot.
Which is 4 games so that season up in smoke. Bext season he plays 6 games and gets hurt. Then next year he smokes again and gets suspended for the season. So that's the end of that season. Then the next season he still can't get threw the hole season without injury. Gets to the playoff and what happens he supposing gets hurt in the first quarter which no one was able to see even on replay no limp or anything. So as history has shown with bell every year its one thing or another with him. Which means he is high maintenance so for me its time to move on.

Sign him to the franchise tag as that should have been the plan all along. Work him hard and don't let the door hit yaz on the way out next year............. UNLESS you can trade him

Salute the nation

This. The more I hear him talk and tweet, the more I hope they don't sign him long term.