• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Le’Veon Bell “rips” Steelers in Tweet

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Le’Veon Bell was a dominant running back when he was with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2013-2017. He was a major factor behind turning a team that was 0-4 into one that nearly won 10 straight games to reach the postseason. He amassed First Team All-Pro Honors in 2014 and 2017, while setting and then resetting the Steelers playoff rushing records in consecutive games in 2016.

Did Bell earn the right to negotiate for a large contract? Yes.

Should Bell have been paid what he wanted? No.

But that’s not the way he saw it as he posted in a Tweet recently.

they should’ve paid me what I wanted when they had the chance https://t.co/KevLxrwsK2

— Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) May 27, 2021

Le’Veon Bell admitted to nearly returning to the Steelers for a 5-year, $70M deal following the 2017 season, but opted to sit out instead. He was focused on his guaranteed money – which the Steelers only “guaranteed money” being in the form of a $10M signing bonus. However, it also had $33M paid out in the first two seasons, which would have been such a massive cap hit for the Steelers if they would have cut him that they were better off retaining his services.

Instead, Bell wanted it all. He sat out the 2018 season when the Steelers franchise tagged him a 2nd time – costing him $14.5M. He signed with the New York Jets for a 4-year, $52M deal with $35M “guaranteed” – which is ironic as he never collected most of his “guaranteed” money. He collected only $14.4M before being cut by the Jets, who accepted the cap hit and moved on instead. Consider, all that he held out for, he made less than what would have been guaranteed by the 2018 franchise tag with the Steelers.

That’s not accounting for New Jersey/New York State income taxes, which are significantly higher than Pennsylvania.

All Bell had to do was start for the Steelers for three seasons and he would have pocketed $45M. Instead, he wound up with a little over $21M after he signed with the Kansas City Chiefs for $700K. Given the brashness of his comments, one has to wonder if he didn’t recognize that was a non-factor on a team that emphasized offense.

Now Bell is complaining that he should have been paid what he wanted…but for what? 863 yards rushing in 17 games with the Jets?

And he blames the Jets and Adam Gase for his lack of production with the Jets. Valid or not, beware what you wish for Le’Veon, because you might just get it.

Bell pointed out to a fan: lol so I had elite talent alllllll the way up until 2017 …… and then just [fell] off a cliff huh? Okay.

Maybe Bell was right, but 2017 was four years ago, and there is no reason to believe you’ve got elite talent now.

The likely problem is that Bell is stuck in an echo chamber full of yes men and idiots if they can’t tell him no one is going to offer a 30-year old RB a massive contract. And nobody with common sense is going to agree with him.

Perhaps Bell should listen to his 2019 “past self” when talking about resigning with Pittsburgh: I was so close. I almost signed it.

100% of nothing is nothing Le’Veon.

Leave a comment below.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

lol so I had elite talent alllllll the way up until 2017 …… and then just [fell] off a cliff huh? Okay.

Or the offensive line and passing game made you look better than you were. Whatever...He is so 2017.

ohhhh leveon, leveon, leveon. . . .

YPSo21SU17BGFP7M4JIpnqSmPAyBonBlo62viaucUKorAmjFwzBsjj27pXJm5RaHEa0Cx4SBsidVtMb6XGMir2Y_LEeGcXxWSuEZRdDi4F_sNr252YtcJ5nSBk8UNjFekbQ9fB_G7w

History itself reveals and distinguishes the truly great versus the "just OK". When I think of great Steelers RB, only 2 names come up. Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis. All others - including Bell, Foster, Parker, Hoge - are relegated to the 2nd group. It's not a bad thing... it just is. Bell talks like if he was a great Steelers RB. He's just another one of these younger dudes who blames others (Steelers) for his own mistakes (sitting out; not getting paid).

Because one is born with the talent to run / catch // etc........ doesn't mean one has the above the neck talent to match, brilliant is not a word used to describe most any athlete. Bell falls into this catagory.

His number of touches had as much to do with his ability in yards / catches / TDs. Yes he had talent or would have never been here but he also carried the biggest load of all RBs in the league which contributed to his totals. His averages per yards were in the mid range, nothing that jumped out at you other than the number of touches.

He is currently dilusional and YES, he has surrounded himself with a bunch of DIP-****/chyt/shyite individuals.

**** LeVeon Bell with a

RED HOT POKER

Salute the nation

The dude said pay me the money? He took LESS money to go to the Jets and be even more irreverent. Thanks to Bell for Harris

I think he had a couple typos in his tweet.

It ought to have read, "I should have taken what they offered."

Just like Wallace he had an open shot at the hall of fame but opted to chase money elsewhere.... most players don’t understand the value of a system that fits you... he left and burned up his prime years for ultimately less money.... he is just a fool unfortunately

Don’t forget that the genius known as LevBell passed on the 2018 season refusing to sign the franchise tag the Steelers put on him. That was like 14 million at the time which is money he will never, ever recoup. Moron!

for a few years there, he was so fun to watch in black and gold

The dude said pay me the money? He took LESS money to go to the Jets and be even more irreverent. Thanks to Bell for Harris

All of the national media argued he was right in turning down the Steelers offer. They clearly don't know how the team operates because he was without a doubt going to see a minimum of three years of that contract, if not all five. He'd be sitting with $45 million in the bank right now. I'm not sure anyone realistically thought he was going to last more than two years with the Jets.

He knows he was in a good situation in Pittsburgh, but still has a chip on his shoulder about the guaranteed money they didn't offer. Now he's just blaming other teams for his current lack of production and he seems to truly believe it.

Instead, Bell wanted it all. He sat out the 2018 season when the Steelers franchise tagged him a 2nd time – costing him $14.5M. He signed with the New York Jets for a 4-year, $52M deal with $35M “guaranteed” – which is ironic as he never collected most of his “guaranteed” money. He collected only $14.4M before being cut by the Jets, who accepted the cap hit and moved on instead. Consider, all that he held out for, he made less than what would have been guaranteed by the 2018 franchise tag with the Steelers...
All Bell had to do was start for the Steelers for three seasons and he would have pocketed $45M. Instead, he wound up with a little over $21M
I don't understand what "guaranteed" in quotation marks means. By definition, it was either guaranteed or it wasn't. Spotrac has Bell's contract listed with $27 million guaranteed, so I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from.

At any rate, the Steelers' offer was fair, and Bell should have taken it.

In my opinion running back rookie contracts are unfair. It is risky signing a running back to a mega deal..You see it over and over. If Bell didn't have an issue with the Cheddar he would have gotten a long term contract before any of the issues came up. Honestly for the Steelers they got lucky he loved weed. Right now he is delusional about his standing in the NFL.

who is Levon Bell? Isn't he the lead singer for that rap group "The Has Been Don't Give A *****"

****, I heard they turned down 8 million to sing at Carnegie Hall and now they can't get a gig. Karma is a *****.

Leveon Bell. Former running back for the Steelers.

Current out of work NFL RB who is complaining about the consequences of his decisions.

Salute the nation

he passed on a $70M contract extension. He has not even come close to living up to that contract to date. Glad he balked and walked. Blame yourself, your agent, family, etc, but don't blame the hand that was going to feed you and well.

He can’t blame his Mom. She told him to sign PIT’s offer (lifelong Steeler fan). Then again, he can’t blame his agent either, as he was under the impression Lev was going to sign the offer. Then to change his mind at the last minute leaving his agent to spin doctor the decision. Who whispered in his ear at the last minute? Inquiring minds want to know. My guess it wasn’t anyone in the football business, but rather his music posse.