• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Liberalism at work

I would have said that had to be in a country where Gatorade was hard to find. Nope....it's Seattle. Sweetened beverage tax, lol. Coastal elites are funny sometimes. Makes me proud to be a deplorable from flyover country.

I think my state's capital has a similar tax. Sweetened beverages, snacks etc.

That would cause an uproar no doubt in Albuquerque

I like visiting Seattle. I visited last summer. I have friends there, and I love them dearly. They are liberal as ****, and if we lived out there, they wouldn't be our friends for long.......and I would hate living there.

I can repeat that same sentence, and insert San Fran for Seattle.

I like visiting Seattle. I visited last summer. I have friends there, and I love them dearly. They are liberal as ****, and if we lived out there, they wouldn't be our friends for long.......and I would hate living there.

I can repeat that same sentence, and insert San Fran for Seattle.

Yeah my sis in law moved to Seattle back in August.
Her hubby is a pretty hardcore southern boy from Tennessee.

One of my best buds away from my bros. He calls about a couple weeks later and complains about the liberalism

Nothing that happens over on the West Coast surprises me anymore. Nothing,

Government knows best. Even local government.

People just won't buy it there, that's the funny part. In Philly soda sales are down by 50%. So they're killing local businesses and jobs and people are just going right outside the city limits to buy their drinks...and whatever else they want to buy with them.

Good Lord they practically doubled the cost by tax alone. That's insane...who votes these jokers in?

So rum and coke drink prices will double there too?

.. and remove all the carbon dioxide from their beer.

Nothing that happens over on the West Coast surprises me anymore. Nothing,

West coast is Left coast.
I don't understand them either.

The weather is nice on the west coast though

beelerbloomberg.jpg

It's a lefty world

Entitlement Kicks in Over Oregon Self-Service Gas Pumps

Most Americans were probably drop-jawed to learn there was a state in the union where government overseers prohibited the people from pumping their own gas. The ultra-progressive and ever-controlling Oregon Legislature had banned this otherwise normal behavior for more than 50 years, ostensibly to provide some form of protection for its residents.

This is the practical reality of the general principle that government coddling creates entitlement, pampered residents with fewer freedoms, and reduced abilities to live independently. Oregon has been telling its residents for generations they are incapable of pumping their own gas, and now there are generations of Oregonians who are terrified at the prospect of doing what more than 300 million other Americans do without a thought.

The first thing that comes to mind are the scenes from the animated Pixar movie Wall-E, where the remainder of earth’s population cruise the galaxy on the spaceship Axiom. The passengers are so dependent on the automated ship that they have become obese, too feeble to walk and incapable of caring for themselves. They definitely would not have been able to pump their own gas.

But now the Oregon Legislature moved partially into the 1980s when it recently passed a law allowing rural gas stations to let people pump their own gas. Portlandians are still safe from the ordeal; government continues to protect them from gas pump handles. But others in the supposed rugged rural areas are outraged at the change (because outrage comes easily these days.)

Take a look at some of these Facebook comments from Oregonians in response to the legislature catching up to 1980 America:

“I don’t even know HOW to pump gas and I am 62, native Oregonian … I say NO THANKS! I don’t like to smell like gasoline!” one woman commented.

“No! Disabled, seniors, people with young children in the car need help,” another woman wrote. “Not to mention getting out of your car with transients around and not feeling safe too. This is a very bad idea. Grr.”

“I’ve lived in this state my whole life and I refuse to pump my own gas. This is a service only qualified people should perform. I will literally park at the pump and wait until someone pumps my gas.”

This is really a thing in Oregon. Most of the rest of the country may laugh and mock them (except big-government nanny state New Jersey, the only remaining state with such a law) but people long relying on government-forced service don’t like losing that service. They believe they have an entitlement.

https://therevolutionaryact.com/entitlement-oregon-gas-pumps/

I will pump peoples' gas.

I will of course charge a reasonable fee for the service. I have to assume there won't be too many people asking me to pump gas. I can't know how many folks will require gas in a day. Thus, I will charge $1.01 per gallon. If people require further assistance with their vehicle, oil-check, windshield washing etc. I will do that for a $10.00 flat fee in non-inclement weather and a $20.00 fee in inclement weather. This fee will, of course, be charged on top of the gas discharge fee.

****, I'm in. Tell me what rural counties are doing this. I'm down like a clown.

Ya, but damn... She's kind of my cup of tea.

Jersey used to be full service only. I don’t know if they still are. In piece of **** Newark I thought it was an efficiency thing, keep the cars flowing like an assembly line. In Oregon everyone’s probably stoned to bejesus and that’s why they pump diesel.

What did these people do when they drove out of state.

They more than likely didn't....seeing as how driving causes pollution which causes global warming which causes climate change which......

I will pump peoples' gas.

I will of course charge a reasonable fee for the service. I have to assume there won't be too many people asking me to pump gas. I can't know how many folks will require gas in a day. Thus, I will charge $1.01 per gallon. If people require further assistance with their vehicle, oil-check, windshield washing etc. I will do that for a $10.00 flat fee in non-inclement weather and a $20.00 fee in inclement weather. This fee will, of course, be charged on top of the gas discharge fee.

****, I'm in. Tell me what rural counties are doing this. I'm down like a clown.

stole my idea off Facebook and added to it. friggin leach. we going in bidness together? "Pump Pimps" has a nice ring to it.
btw - the chick in Chip's pic is Ruby Rose. You can see more of her here https://twitter.com/RubyRose/media

I didn't know pumping your own gas was unheard of.

Holy **** the left coast surprises me more and more

I didn't know pumping your own gas was unheard of.

Holy **** the left coast surprises me more and more

No ****, I haven't even seen a full services gas station around here since the very early 80's.

No ****, I haven't even seen a full services gas station around here since the very early 80's.

I've never seen a full service gas station at all.
I know they used to exist. Just didn't think they still existed.

And for Oregon folks to be scared to pump their own gas?
That's very odd