• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Liberalism at work

No ****, I haven't even seen a full services gas station around here since the very early 80's.

Our last one just closed this year. It's biggest downfall was the "cash only " policy (and the fact they strayed away from their short shorts girls)

22003.jpg

I didn't know pumping your own gas was unheard of.

Holy **** the left coast surprises me more and more

years ago I was in NJ. Riding with some friends down to DC, we stopped, while still in NJ, to get gas. I get out to pump the gas for them, but, apparently, it was against the rules. I was stunned.

I, mostly, don't have issues with the local (city, not county) governments passing this kind of ****. Presumably, their constituency can get rid of them fairly quickly or it is what they wanted in the first place. When you get to the county, state and federal level where it is too hard to replace people is where this **** is more oppressive and the highly populous places that wanted this can blunt any overturns.

This is why liberals hate capitalism. Because it is now the purest form of democracy and they hate democracy. People may not vote the way they want, so they always look for ways to go around votes, like trying to impeach Trump for no reason, or having activist judges simply declare voted upon gay marriage laws as illegal.

In government, they have ways around democracy, but not with capitalism. Capitalism is the ultimate democracy. You are voting with every dollar you spend.

If people in Oregon really do want their gas pumped for them, then there will still be loads of full service stations to do so. But there will also be self service stations which charge less because they don’t have to pay somebody to pump it. This provides a real democratic choice.

What libs are mad at is the same thing they are always mad at, they will get voted down. Soon all stations will be self service because it won’t take long for them to realize how simple it is to pump your own and save money.

This is why liberals hate capitalism. Because it is now the purest form of democracy and they hate democracy. People may not vote the way they want, so they always look for ways to go around votes, like trying to impeach Trump for no reason, or having activist judges simply declare voted upon gay marriage laws as illegal.

In government, they have ways around democracy, but not with capitalism. Capitalism is the ultimate democracy. You are voting with every dollar you spend.

If people in Oregon really do want their gas pumped for them, then there will still be loads of full service stations to do so. But there will also be self service stations which charge less because they don’t have to pay somebody to pump it. This provides a real democratic choice.

What libs are mad at is the same thing they are always mad at, they will get voted down. Soon all stations will be self service because it won’t take long for them to realize how simple it is to pump your own and save money.

this is one of the more racially, sexist insensitive statements ever made.

New Jersey does still outlaw self service. They also have a Pallbearer’s union. Yep, if somebody dies, you must use union pallbearers and pay them. If you want friends or family to be pallbearers, that’s fine, but you still pay.

Our last one just closed this year. It's biggest downfall was the "cash only " policy (and the fact they strayed away from their short shorts girls)

22003.jpg

I didn’t think of paying with credit. One more argument for self service. I wouldn’t want to hand my credit card over to some gas station guy to take back into his little hut and steal my identity.

Reactions: MTC
New Jersey does still outlaw self service. They also have a Pallbearer’s union. Yep, if somebody dies, you must use union pallbearers and pay them. If you want friends or family to be pallbearers, that’s fine, but you still pay.

******* New Jersey....New York's ugly sister.

New Jersey..... the armpit of America (look at a map and it makes sense)....