• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Liberalism in Action: Proof Positive of the Glories of Government and Taxes

I'm sorry, I mistook the thread for discussing Homelessness and possible solutions. My bad.

If I came across as a heartless SOB, that's my fault Badcat. I don't take that topic lightly because I know many homeless are vets who've been unable to cope after such traumatic experiences. My dad is one who suffers from severe PTSD but he lives with me (for the time being) and he's got it under control for the most part. But as an example of his inability to be in large, loud crowds (hell, even the grocery store), he's got a 5 year old car with 8,000 miles on it. He's in a better place than he once was though and that's all I can ask for. I wish there was an easy solution to the homelessness problem and that our elected officials took it more seriously, but there's not and they don't. Pretty tragic.

If I came across as a heartless SOB, that's my fault Badcat. I don't take that topic lightly because I know many homeless are vets who've been unable to cope after such traumatic experiences. My dad is one who suffers from severe PTSD but he lives with me (for the time being) and he's got it under control for the most part. But as an example of his inability to be in large, loud crowds (hell, even the grocery store), he's got a 5 year old car with 8,000 miles on it. He's in a better place than he once was though and that's all I can ask for. I wish there was an easy solution to the homelessness problem and that our elected officials took it more seriously, but there's not and they don't. Pretty tragic.

I'm sorry that your Dad and many other people suffer from PTSD. You weren't coming across as heartless at all. I simple focused on the example that you provided, as I said, it's a very personal topic to me, and lost sight of the intended topic.

More proof of the wonders of liberal thought as it applies to criminals:

Bellport man released without bail after DWI charge in deadly William Floyd Parkway crash

A Bellport man has been charged with DWI and released without bail Monday following a car crash that killed a 27-year-old man on the William Floyd Parkway. Jordan Randolph, 40, is accused of driving drunk and killing Jonathan Armand Flores-Maldonado Sunday.

Maldonado's cousins and aunt say they were seething at the arraignment. Prosecutors said in court that Randolph had been arrested and released on Jan. 1 for allegedly not having a court-ordered ignition interlock device in his car.

According to court records, Randolph has a history of drunk driving and a total of six felony convictions, six misdemeanor convictions, and five failures to appear in court on other cases.

Maldonado's family told News 12 he had just graduated from the University of Buffalo, was pursuing a career in medicine and was killed while driving an Uber to make extra money.

The prosecutor told the judge during the arraignment that he would've asked for a substantial amount of bail if the incident happened before Jan. 1. The prosecutor then requested that an electronic monitoring ankle bracelet be put on Randolph. The judge denied the request, saying the new law does not allow him to issue the monitoring device either.

http://longisland.news12.com/story/...-charge-in-deadly-william-floyd-parkway-crash

wvh14mbfbua41.jpg

Liberals ... too busy to kill themselves, so they have to turn to killing others.

^^^ That's got to be ******* infuriating for that family. Unreal.

Little story of my own involving a drunk driver. I was at a buddy's house in San Diego (probably around 2002-2003) and I had to park my truck on the main street next to his apartment complex. We were about to get into my truck to leave when I realized I left my CD case inside his place so I went back to get it. We walked back out toward the street where my truck was parked when a car that was going probably 60-70 MPH was barreling down the street side-swiping nearly every car that was on it. I had slightly oversized tires on the truck so when he hit it, it was such a hard collision that it ripped the front axle from the wheel. It didn't stop him from continuing down the street w/ impunity. He was going so fast that we couldn't get a license plate number but I called it in immediately.

Glad I forgot my CD case in that particular instance or we may have been goners. I'm sure there other personal stories out there w/ actual tragic consequences, but the dangers of someone intoxicated out of their mind getting behind the wheel of a 4,000 lb piece of metal -- criminal.

^^^ That's got to be ******* infuriating for that family. Unreal.

Little story of my own involving a drunk driver. I was at a buddy's house in San Diego (probably around 2002-2003) and I had to park my truck on the main street next to his apartment complex. We were about to get into my truck to leave when I realized I left my CD case inside his place so I went back to get it. We walked back out toward the street where my truck was parked when a car that was going probably 60-70 MPH was barreling down the street side-swiping nearly every car that was on it. I had slightly oversized tires on the truck so when he hit it, it was such a hard collision that it ripped the front axle from the wheel. It didn't stop him from continuing down the street w/ impunity. He was going so fast that we couldn't get a license plate number but I called it in immediately.

Glad I forgot my CD case in that particular instance or we may have been goners. I'm sure there other personal stories out there w/ actual tragic consequences, but the dangers of someone intoxicated out of their mind getting behind the wheel of a 4,000 lb piece of metal -- criminal.

Warning - if you do that in NY, you could spend up to 2 hours in jail.

Okay, probably not.

Ahh, yes, feces in rivers and streams thanks to the liberals love of the homeless. Legalize drug possession, living on the streets, defecating in public, urinating in public.

Yep, those liberals love the environment.

If a company discharged untreated sewage into a waterway, the state government would sue them into oblivion. But for the glorified homeless population it's all good.

Bellport man released without bail after DWI charge in deadly William Floyd Parkway crash

George Soros has been funding Democrat candidates for state AG and urban DA offices with the goal of not enforcing laws against illegal immigrants and minorities. If there are a disproportionate amount of minorities and illegal immigrants in jail, well then we just won't put as many of them in jail.

Last edited:
George Soros has been funding Democrat candidates for state AG and urban DA offices with the goal of not enforcing laws against illegal immigrants and minorities. If there are a disproportionate amount of minorities and illegal immigrants in jail, well then we just won't put as many of them in jail.

Well, yeah, but it's for the good of America, particularly the middle class, who don't have the benefit of walls and gated communities, right? I mean, it's not like the homeless invade middle class parks and areas because they start out clean, have running water, bathroom facilities most times for park goers, and its not like sending an invading army to pollute and destroy parks and public areas and streets will harm America and the middle class, which pays a **** ton of taxes for clean streets and parks.

Right?

More "dreamer" stories, made possible by the imbeciles and their "sanctuary" policies.

Rosalio Ramos-Romas, a Honduran national, was deported from the U.S. four times before his arrest in Washington in October 2017. However, after local authorities failed to hand him over to ICE, he was then charged in January 2018 with stabbing his cousin to death, decapitating the body, and then attempting to hide the remains in a dumpster.

A county jail in Kent, Washington, did not honor a January 2014 retainer placed on Jorge Luis Romero-Arriaga, a Honduran living illegally in the U.S., despite being held on a charge of child rape. Local authorities instead released him into the community pending the results of his case. Romero-Arriaga was subsequently convicted in August 2015, according to ICE, and deported from the country.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06...ists-protected-under-sanctuary-city-policies/

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said one of the suspects in a Mount Rainier High School student's grisly murder is an undocumented immigrant from El Salvador, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied child, and has been arrested and released from jail several times in King County since 2018.

ICE said 20-year-old Carlos Iraheta-Vega, who was arrested this week on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Juan Carlos Con Guzman, has been shielded from immigration enforcement by King County sanctuary policies.

Investigators say the teen was hacked, partially dismembered and then dumped in the Green River last month near Auburn. A motive has not yet been released but newly obtained court documents state there was a "mutual fist fight" prior to the murder. ICE said it lodged a detainer following Iraheta-Vega's first arrest by Kent police in 2018 but was not notified of his release from jail several days later. Iraheta-Vega was later arrested twice for DUI, according to ICE, and released from jail before they could encounter him.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/ic...en-river-could-have-been-prevented/996175211/

So a child gets raped and a few people get murdered and hacked to pieces. So what? ICE and Orange Man bad, murdering, child-raping dreamers good.

More "dreamer" stories, made possible by the imbeciles and their "sanctuary" policies.

Rosalio Ramos-Romas, a Honduran national, was deported from the U.S. four times before his arrest in Washington in October 2017. However, after local authorities failed to hand him over to ICE, he was then charged in January 2018 with stabbing his cousin to death, decapitating the body, and then attempting to hide the remains in a dumpster.

A county jail in Kent, Washington, did not honor a January 2014 retainer placed on Jorge Luis Romero-Arriaga, a Honduran living illegally in the U.S., despite being held on a charge of child rape. Local authorities instead released him into the community pending the results of his case. Romero-Arriaga was subsequently convicted in August 2015, according to ICE, and deported from the country.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/06...ists-protected-under-sanctuary-city-policies/

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said one of the suspects in a Mount Rainier High School student's grisly murder is an undocumented immigrant from El Salvador, who came to the U.S. as an unaccompanied child, and has been arrested and released from jail several times in King County since 2018.

ICE said 20-year-old Carlos Iraheta-Vega, who was arrested this week on suspicion of murdering 16-year-old Juan Carlos Con Guzman, has been shielded from immigration enforcement by King County sanctuary policies.

Investigators say the teen was hacked, partially dismembered and then dumped in the Green River last month near Auburn. A motive has not yet been released but newly obtained court documents state there was a "mutual fist fight" prior to the murder. ICE said it lodged a detainer following Iraheta-Vega's first arrest by Kent police in 2018 but was not notified of his release from jail several days later. Iraheta-Vega was later arrested twice for DUI, according to ICE, and released from jail before they could encounter him.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/ic...en-river-could-have-been-prevented/996175211/

So a child gets raped and a few people get murdered and hacked to pieces. So what? ICE and Orange Man bad, murdering, child-raping dreamers good.

Just some people doing something.

Just some people doing something.

Come-on y'all !! Some sacrifices have to be made for the common good, we know that but some of you just don't want to go with the flow.

Progressives Call On African Americans To Quit Their Jobs To Avoid Being Used As A Trump Statistic

U.S.—Progressive activists across the country have begun calling on African Americans to quit their jobs in order to avoid being used as a Trump statistic.

White liberals generally like when minorities get hired, but they've begun to grow concerned with just how many black people are working under the Trump economy.

"If you really cared about the cause, you'd quit and become homeless so we could tell everyone how bad Trump's economy is for black people," communist activist Pau Jamm told his only black friend in a Portland coffee shop Wednesday. "You guys are really killing us here with how much you're working."

Some committed progressives are even firing black people in order to show just how bad the economy is for minorities. Austin woman Britney Baila sat down one of her employees, black man Henry Porter, to let him know that he was being fired for his own good. "Listen, you're doing great -- you've been a valued part of this organization for several years now. But you're just not helping the narrative that Trump is harming minority workers."

"Take one for the team, and maybe we'll rehire you when a Democrat gets elected," she added to the perplexed Porter.

Black people who do not quit their jobs are being called "Uncle Toms" and "race traitors."

I nominate as the spokesperson for the liberal view one Titania McGrath.

I don't know who Doyle cast to play her in November but she nailed it. They said she also did his audiobook. I was dying when she said she is planning a slutwalk to fight Islamophobia.

Singapore uses a blend of conservative and liberal policies to solve many of its issues.

They have very little drug abuse in their country. Reason being they have a conservative policy of harsh penalties to drug sellers including death penalty for some. On the user end, they are more liberal with 2 government funded rehab stints followed by prison time if the rehab isn't effective.

They also have near zero homelessness because they require developments to have a mix of low cost, middle and higher cost housing. They also provide government funded flats that charge rent that those at minimum wage level jobs can afford.

The US could solve problems too, if they had any creative and intelligent leaders.

They have very little drug abuse in their country. Reason being they have a conservative policy of harsh penalties to drug sellers including death penalty for some. On the user end, they are more liberal with 2 government funded rehab stints followed by prison time if the rehab isn't effective.

We used to do that with court-ordered prison reform, but lefties are too busy trying to destroy America by releasing drug offenders - just letting them go - to implement measures to actually help them.

https://www.drugrehab.com/treatment/court-ordered/

https://novarecoverycenter.com/court-ordered-rehab/violate-court-ordered-rehab/

So as far as strict punishment for drug dealers and court-ordered treatment for drug users, the problem is not our approach - the problem is liberals letting criminals go free.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/crime/article/New-San-Francisco-district-attorney-plans-14824568.php

Boudin, who worked on the case and has been a statewide leader in ending cash bail, said that as district attorney he will either ask that defendants be released pretrial on certain conditions, like ankle monitoring, or if they are deemed too dangerous, ask a judge to hold them without bail.

He also said he will divert first-time, non-injury cases of driving under the influence to free up the courts from a large number of misdemeanor cases going to trial at the Hall of Justice. Gascón started a similar program weeks before leaving office, but Loftus pulled the plug on it days into her appointment.

Many of Boudin’s policies, though, are even more progressive than those of Gascón, who was one of the country’s most liberal district attorneys. One departure, Boudin said, is he will no longer charge gang enhancements, which greatly increase the penalty for crimes if a defendant is found to have participated in a street gang. The law has faced criticism over the disproportionate number of black and brown people who are charged with gang crimes. A 2016 audit of the state’s gang database found that only 8% of documented gang members are white.

"We will not prosecute cases involving quality-of-life crimes,” Boudin said to the Chronicle before his ticket win. “Crimes such as public camping, offering or soliciting sex, public urination, blocking a sidewalk, etc., should not and will not be prosecuted."

https://sfist.com/2019/11/16/boudin...d-other-quality-of-life-crimes-once-sworn-in/

Huh. Look at that. Stupid lefty will not prosecute drunk driving, or gang penalties, or property crimes, or public defecation, or vagrancy, or drug use, or drug possession, or prostitution. So working as a pimp and sex trafficker is now A-Okay according to that vermin. Jeffrey Epstein should have simply waited and moved to **** Francisco.

THOSE policies will certainly make **** Francisco safer and cleaner - the primary ******* job of government. Or not.

They also have near zero homelessness because they require developments to have a mix of low cost, middle and higher cost housing. They also provide government funded flats that charge rent that those at minimum wage level jobs can afford.

We already have those measures in place.

The housing choice voucher program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses and apartments.

The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and is not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects.

Housing choice vouchers are administered locally by public housing agencies (PHAs). The PHAs receive federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to administer the voucher program.

https://www.hud.gov/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

San Francisco Mandates 33% Low Income Housing Requirement
By Borre Winckel, President & CEO

If there was any glimmer of hope for the State’s housing picture to finally benefit from applied examples of supply side housing economics, that hope surely vanished this week. Last Tuesday, San Fran’s Board of Supervisors unanimously adopted the Central SoMa Plan (South of Market Street). The Plan calls for 8,800 housing units and 32,000 jobs. Over 1/3rd of these units must be reserved for low-income families. It is a spectacularly desperate and foolish act. With a 33% onsite low-income housing set aside requirement the Plan is guaranteed to fail.

The revenue over expense “math don’t work!” At this record high level, the mandated “Inclusionary” Affordable Housing component also sadly signals that folks of middle-income means will never be able to live in Central SoMa. Wouldn’t it be great if the Supes could be held accountable when actual housing production drops by 33%? Don’t hold your breath. This is from the City that leads our nation in homelessness, fully explained by rulemaking like this.

https://www.biasandiego.org/2018/12/10/san-francisco-mandates-33-low-income-housing-requirement/

From 2007 to 2014, the Bay Area only built 57% of its 214,500-unit Regional Housing Need Allocation set by the state, according to a report from the Association of Bay Area Governments. The California Department of Housing and Community Development calculates the RHNA for each jurisdiction based on forecast population growth over a seven-year cycle. The department determined 187,994 units need to be built from 2015 to 2023 to meet the demands of the region. As of April, the Bay Area has met 15% of its obligation, issuing 27,676 permits since 2015. Santa Clara County issued the most permits with 9,488, but that was only 16% of the 58,000 units needed to meet its 2023 requirement.

“The problem of cities being less than enthusiastic in permitting homes is not a new one,” Regan said. “We’ve seen since the late ’70s and early ’80s a pretty precipitous drop in the number of units permitted in California.” Since the mid- to late 1980s, permitting has fallen to 80,000 units per year, which is the typical number of permits issued during a recessionary period, according to Regan. “We’re producing recessionary levels of housing at a time when the economy is booming, capital is cheap and at a time when [housing] should be flourishing,” Regan said.

https://www.bisnow.com/san-francisc...arent-meeting-their-housing-obligations-78302

**** Francisco was shocked - SHOCKED - to learn that developers simply say "**** you" to taking a huge risk and spending tens of millions of dollars for land, materials, trades, permits, etc. only to be ordered to give away a significant portion of their product and lose millions of their investment. So what happens? San Francisco's already terrible housing issues became demonstrably WORSE.

Shocked, I tell you.

The US could solve problems too, if they had any creative and intelligent leaders.

So you support my suggestion of a test that candidates must pass before running for office? No?? Yeah, thought so.

Nice work Steeltime, but that's way too many links and words for 21 to digest.

Reactions: BAS
We used to do that with court-ordered prison reform, but lefties are too busy trying to destroy America by releasing drug offenders - just letting them go - to implement measures to actually help them.

So as far as strict punishment for drug dealers and court-ordered treatment for drug users, the problem is not our approach - the problem is liberals letting criminals go free.

Your thoughts on The First Step Act?

Singapore uses a blend of conservative and liberal policies to solve many of its issues.

1,000 is near zero?

Your thoughts on The First Step Act?

I very much support the idea behind the act - get non-violent, treatable drug users out of jail, put them in rehab, save money in the process, and give them a chance to contribute to America.

My genuine concern is that the act is being used as a tool to release some very dangerous people who should NOT be getting out of jail, including sex offenders, robbers, burglars, even some violent offenders, including those committing homicide.

The data, first obtained exclusively by "Tucker Carlson Tonight," seemingly contradicted promises from lawmakers and the White House that the legislation would largely affect only prisoners sentenced for minor drug-related offenses. Of 2,243 inmates released under the First Step Act, only 960 were incarcerated for drug-related offenses.

On the other hand, 496 were in prison for weapons/explosives-related crimes, 239 for sex offenses, 178 for fraud/bribery/extortion, 118 for burglary/larceny and 106 for robbery, according to the data.

Another 59 were imprisoned over homicide/aggravated assault, 46 for immigration-related offenses, nine for counterfeiting/embezzlement and two for national security reasons.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/do...been-released-under-first-step-act-data-shows

You and I can agree on this: If the government gets involved, it becomes a billion dollar business and special interests make sure that the government employees and contractors make a lot of money - prisons, schools, you name it.

And Badcat hits the nail on the head.

As with many of our social problems, homelessness and drug addiction are very hard problems to solve. I don't believe what many extraordinarily liberal people have done is a good idea, but at the same time, many conservative folks have no actual solution, they just ***** about the problem.

For example. You have 5 years to reduce the homeless population in San Francisco by say... 70%. However you solution cannot simply be making the homeless people move somewhere else. How might you go about actually SOLVING the problem?

I think the makeover, clothing, the agency I work for even distributed Monies for dental care, bus passes, etc, are good policies to get this population some dignity and hope. Beyond that though, ideas such as tiny home developments, job evaluation and training, iintroduction in to AA, NA, whatever sobriety program is deemed effective for them, could go a long way to helping people. Really helping people.