• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Libs and conservatives let's hear you plan for the dreamers..

The Dollar General down the road from us needs people who can stock shelves. They have product just sitting out in the aisles in carts. The manager says they cannot find anyone willing to work. Looked like a store you'd expect to see on some third world island.

If they paid enough to get people to work then their stuff wouldn't cost a dollar.
Dollar General across town from me. I noticed their windows were filthy and since I still have my window cleaning gear from my old cleaning company that I sold, I ask the manager if I can give them a price. She says they don't give us any money in the budget to clean windows. Zero, zip, nada.

One problem is that we are paying lots of unskilled Americans to sit on the sidelines when they could be doing these jobs. They should be earning a paycheck and paying into the system rather than pulling from it. Too many takers and not enough givers to keep this boat afloat much longer. We keep this up and we will eventually be eating our zoo animals.

Last edited:
The law of the land when it comes to all things immigration is the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).The last major immigration overhaul to the INA enacted by congress was 21 years ago (under President Clinton), as the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRAIRA). Since IIRAIRA, the INA has been amended a few times using Public Laws, which allow the adding or changing of words within a section of law without having to re-write the entire law. Using the Public Law hook to amend the INA is one way we can come to a way to address the DACA/Dreamer issue.

But first, I'd ask the left, "What is it exactly that you seek with DACA and similar programs?" This is important because, here on the Southwest border, all over the news, the DACA people constantly cry that it's not fair to these kids who were brought here, some as infants, without them having had a say in the matter. So let's establish that the driving force behind DACA proponents is for these young people to remain in the only country they've likely ever known.

Next, let's look at the criteria that needs to be met for a DACA recipient (mind you, this comes from a DHS memo dated September 14, 2012, under Obama):
For consideration of deferred action (BTW, deferred action, by it's very definition, means action that should legally and lawfully take place, but won't for certain [humanitarian] reasons and will be DEFERRED until a future date).

So here are the requirements:
* Under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
* Came to the U.S. before reaching their 16th birthday
* Have continuously resided in the U.S. since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
* Were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making their DACA request
* Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or their lawful immigration status expires as of that date
* Currently in school, graduated or obtained a GED, certificate of completion, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the U.S., and
* Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

So, if these are the criteria for DACA consideration, I think we can assume most if not all applicants who were eligible applied during 2012-2017. Meaning, there aren't many new candidates out there; meaning the window for eligibility is narrow and/or has closed.

So here's what I propose: Add a new LPR (Legal Permanent Resident) Classification Code to the INA for these DACA youth. (There are currently LPR Classification Codes for "Spouses of US Citizens IR1'; "Child of Alien Resident FX2', and dozens other codes).

LPRs, commonly known as green card holders, or permanent/legal residents, have legal status in the U.S., and have every right that a U.S. citizen has except the right to vote in federal elections, hold a federal job, etc. LPRs have Social Security numbers, can travel across the U.S. with their LPR card, no restrictions whatsoever. LPRs, however, are amenable to deportation should they be convicted of certain criminal offenses, are inadmissible at a port of entry due to status violations, or are engaged in certain activities that are security-related (espionage, activity to overthrow the USG by force, genocide, etc.)

LPRs can currently petition for family members to immigrate lawfully to the U.S. (this is known as family chain migration). Many, if not most, LPRs came to the U.S. this way. Other LPR classifications are employment based ("Skilled Worker E31"; "Minister of Religion SD1"; Foreign Medical Graduates "SJ1", etc)

A LPR can apply for naturalization to become a U.S. citizen after 5 years, or after 3 if married to a U.S. citizen (assuming they commit no deportable offense). Other than some military service that could expedite one's application for naturalization, THIS IS THE ONLY PATH TO CITIZENSHIP that exists within our laws.

So, I propose a new LPR classification for DACAs. They must first have a new DACA application adjudicated, using the same criteria set forth in the 2012 DHS memo. Suddenly don't meet the criteria? Sorry, you're out.

But this particular LPR Classification will have certain caveats/limits that no other LPR Classification has; Specifically:
* DACA LPRs cannot petition for family members, except spouses and children (they especially CANNOT, ever, petition for mom/dad who are the ones who brought them here illegally in the first place). This limit remains in effect forever, until they desire to naturalize to become a U.S. citizen. Now, here's where the importance of establishing what the desire for DACA is from the left, because with this limit of family-petitioning, you could hear the outcry already... "but you're breaking up families! Again!". To which I'd respond, "I thought this was solely something for the kids... seems like you wanted family amnesty all along".
* If the DACA LPR recipient is a minor, he/she MUST have another established LPR or US citizen sponsor (grandparent, aunt, uncle).

There could be other limitations, but with these 2, and with the already-established criteria for DACA being used as well, I think you do two things (give & take, if you will):

You rule out the criminal element (something you don't hear in news reports is the number of DACA applicants/recipients who have been arrested/convicted for crimes), and you also establish a baseline for the rule of law in that the law-breaking parents who brought these kids here are not rewarded in any way, shape, or form.

And you also provide a means for law-abiding youth to continue with their education, military service, community service, etc., while having legal status.

Give & take. The left gets their DACA kids legal status. The right gets the whole debate out of the way and some pretty good, decent young people who, presumably, will strive for a better future for themselves now that they'd be out of the shadows. The right can then tell the left to STFU, and to get ready to have ALL INA laws enforced, to include doing away with the sanctuary cities bullcrap.

To become a Dreamer, you already had to pass two main qualifications: graduated a US high school and now either in college, in the military
or working. We have a lot of debt to repay as a nation, I'm not sure we should be getting rid of any educated and working individuals. It's estimated
that every 10 years the Dreamers will contribute 60 billion in tax payments.

Maybe we could just send Mexico an equal amount of our high school dropouts and chronically unemployed as their penalty.

Go after every employer who hires illegal immigrants and fine them $50,000 per employee per year. Make proven legal status a requirement for all education and government assistance.

Problem solved. No wall necessary. Cheaper than deporting everyone, they will leave on their own.

The public schools are obliged to take the illegal immigrant kids and the taxpayers not only have to foot the bill to pay for extra teachers but because course enrollment exceeded the classroom capacity, guess what else we get to pay for...New Schools, extra buses, etc. etc... Their dream, our nightmare....

To prevent illegal immigration you only have to do two things. Eliminate the ability to work here and access to health care.
You have to fully institute an e-verify system for all employers with big penalties for the employer if they don't follow
the rules and end the treating of everyone in our emergency rooms. A country where you can't support yourself and
don't have access to hospital treatment isn't a place your going to want to live.

To prevent illegal immigration you only have to do two things. Eliminate the ability to work here and access to health care.
Except that most of them work for cash and it's against the law for hospitals to deny healthcare to anybody in need.

It's generally American citizens paying out the cash, so if caught those citizens need to pay big penalties.

Illegals actually contribute to schools. Schools are funded with property taxes. Even if they are just renting, the landlord is passing the property taxes
to them in the rent.

Go after every employer who hires illegal immigrants and fine them $50,000 per employee per year. Make proven legal status a requirement for all education and government assistance.

Problem solved. No wall necessary. Cheaper than deporting everyone, they will leave on their own.

And fire every government worker who has issued benefits to illegal aliens.

It's generally American citizens paying out the cash, so if caught those citizens need to pay big penalties.

Illegals actually contribute to schools. Schools are funded with property taxes. Even if they are just renting, the landlord is passing the property taxes
to them in the rent.

or the landlord is not disclosing that he has a tenant and pocketing the cash.

We keep talking about DACA and making it easy for Mexicans/South Americans who snuck in to gain citizenship. What about people that came in following the law from Europe who aren't brown day laborers?

or the landlord is not disclosing that he has a tenant and pocketing the cash.

The landlord is going to pay property tax regardless.

It's estimated that every 10 years the Dreamers will contribute 60 billion in tax payments.

(1) By whom?
(2) And I am going to wager that whatever or whoever made that estimate failed to estimate the cost for these individuals to stay in the United States over the next 10 years. Those costs include Medicare, education for their children, housing assistance, food stamps, etc.

Would it make any difference to you, 21, if the illegals paid $60 billion in taxes over the next 10 years but wound up costing the taxpayers $100 billion in taxpayer-funded services?

Illegals actually contribute to schools. Schools are funded with property taxes. Even if they are just renting, the landlord is passing the property taxes to them in the rent.

Illegal aliens and their children constitute a massive population of students in the Los Angeles Unified School District, which has an annual budget of nearly $8 billion.

If you believe that illegals are paying $8 billion in taxes to Los Angeles County and/or the state of California, I disagree. And I would be correct. That $8 billion annually is funded by property owners, and business owners, and the top 25% of earners in the state. Those sources constitute more than 90% of the funds used to finance LAUSD.

The money for public education for illegals is most certainly NOT coming from the illegals, 21. And for the fourth or fifth time, I ask - if illegals are in fact a financial boon and a surplus to the public coffers, why is Mexico handing out pamphlets to their citizens telling them how to illegally enter the United States? Why WOULDN'T Mexico pay for the wall, to keep these cash-cows in Mexico?

Still never had an answer to that question.

These DREAMERS may take advantage of the equifax breach and steal our identities?
All this happens so coincidentally --- how convenient.

Next week I may show up as El Chapo Guzman de MTC