• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lol at the Browns… Watson might skip 49rs game too

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I despise quoting PFT, however they did report that Watson sat out another practice

If he misses tomorrow, it’s unlikely he’ll play again on Sunday…
With No chubb, and a rookie QB… they are not looking good for that upset

Moreover their 100% guaranteed QB is looking less like a guy wanting to play… not exactly great for someone who needs extended to save cap next season
Me thinks Watson is in trouble again....
Maybe that thingy got loose again?!?

But I'm a well-known speculator of the Cleveland Brownies troubles ;)

He isn't in trouble. He is laughing. His money is guaranteed. Why play?
He's going to have to at least go through the motions of acting like he wants to play. Those contracts have clauses that require "good faith efforts" and such.

He has shoulder issues.

A massage therapist was informed that Watson would be visiting to have his shoulder worked on.
It didn't take long for the therapist to tell Watson "that's not where your shoulder is".

Last edited:
Next season the Cleveland Browns are already 46 Million Dollars over the projected Salary cap.
Due to restructuring, watson counts 63 million dollars towards that cap.. 46 million of that is salary that could be restructured, which obviously was their plan, however they have already kicked 9 million dollars into 2027 ( the contract ends in 2026) so they were planning to do an extension to push that money out

But here is the thing… watson isn’t going to sign a lowball extension, and the Browns cant give an expensive extension to a non elite qb who barely plays… and without that extension they will be in cap hell relatively soon

He has shoulder issues.

A massage therapist was informed that Watson would be visiting to have his shoulder worked on.
It didn't take long for the therapist to tell Watson "that's not where your shoulder is".
Bury me now. 😅

He has shoulder issues.

He has that travelling type of pain ...... always works its way to the groin area

Watson has a case of donger rubbitis. Requires a special type of therapy

He's going to have to at least go through the motions of acting like he wants to play. Those contracts have clauses that require "good faith efforts" and such.

that is very true, that good faith effort can cost Watson a lot of money if he short-efforts it.

Salute the nation

i think Watson has a second opinion on his shoulder issue. He may be legitimate, but it’s bad publicity with so much at stake considering the public profile of the nfl. The browns aren’t helping themselves by putting it in the public eye.

that said——————- couldn’t happen to a better franchise that chose to put themselves in this position.

**** the browns

Salute the nation

The good news is when players ask for a Watson deal the team should be able to just point out what happened in Cleveland and say. "HELL NO!"

Browns Fan's - The only time in franchise history the team had a semi-competent GM....and it was all make believe.

Draft-Day-Kevin-Costner-war-room.jpg

I think the Browns actually had a competent GM in John Dorsey. He was trying to stockpile picks to build something and his first draft had Mayfield, Ward, Corbett, and Chubb. The Browns couldn't have any of that so they traded Baker for a 6 pack and now have Bill Cosby at QB with no draft picks to build anything with. I honestly was scared for a minute we might have to deal with the Browns being good. But nah, we good.

Browns Fan's - The only time in franchise history the team had a semi-competent GM....and it was all make believe.

Draft-Day-Kevin-Costner-war-room.jpg
You do realize that if that happened in real life… the Linebacker would have been the biggest bust in draft history, the RB they got would have snapped his leg off in preseason, and the QB they didn’t draft would have went on to have a HOF career… because the Browns are the Browns…

I think the Browns actually had a competent GM in John Dorsey. He was trying to stockpile picks to build something and his first draft had Mayfield, Ward, Corbett, and Chubb. The Browns couldn't have any of that so they traded Baker for a 6 pack and now have Bill Cosby at QB with no draft picks to build anything with. I honestly was scared for a minute we might have to deal with the Browns being good. But nah, we good.
The Browns could have had Allen that year, but instead bounced between mr anticlutch and Darnold… selecting mayfield because he begged for it… that choice will haunt them but honestly if tgey had taken Allen , they probably wouldn’t have fixed him like the Bills did…

Allen>Mayfield but do you think the factory of sadness would have waited a couple years for Allen to develop. Baker is a good QB. Not great but he is good. He is on pace for 30 tds with less than 9 ints probably around 4k in yards. His one mediocre year he had that shoulder thing. And now that he isn't a Brown I am rooting for him. I want that decision to haunt them for the next decade!

You owe me a new coffee
How about a massage instead?

ps

I wasn't personally offering. Not that there's anything wrong with that... lol

Last edited:
Allen>Mayfield but do you think the factory of sadness would have waited a couple years for Allen to develop. Baker is a good QB. Not great but he is good. He is on pace for 30 tds with less than 9 ints probably around 4k in yards. His one mediocre year he had that shoulder thing. And now that he isn't a Brown I am rooting for him. I want that decision to haunt them for the next decade!
Nah. The vast majority of them wanted him gone, because as one Cleveland insider once said, if they kept a stat on game losing decisions, Baker would lead the league every year

He perpetually was top 3 in throwing into coverage… and it burned him more than it helped him… that first season was fools gold because teams weren’t ready for it, and he had some success in critical situations… then the bottom fell out… that guy will rattle around tge league being inconsistent, but unless his ego dies a lot he will always ultimately be a loser

Nah. The vast majority of them wanted him gone, because as one Cleveland insider once said, if they kept a stat on game losing decisions, Baker would lead the league every year

He perpetually was top 3 in throwing into coverage… and it burned him more than it helped him… that first season was fools gold because teams weren’t ready for it, and he had some success in critical situations… then the bottom fell out… that guy will rattle around tge league being inconsistent, but unless his ego dies a lot he will always ultimately be a loser
Well, I can forgive a 23 and 24 year old making those types of decisions. He's 28 now and watching the Bucs he is playing above par. Still has a bit of that gunslinger mentality but so did Ben. I like a guy with Moxy who is willing to push the ball into tight coverages when his team needs to make a play. If Ben didn't throw into triple coverage we might not have won XLIII. He's 1st in the NFC South and from what I can tell even with 3 three win teams they are the team to beat.