• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lurch not happy with US Steel deal

That'll fix it.

Some Americans tried to buy it for $7B.

If porky pig can do it, I’ll give him props. **** is gone.

I agree with Lurch and wish him luck with his desire to block this "deal"...

It has been a real F up'd week for us native Yinzers...

The once proud Men Of Steel have lost their luster on the football field....

and now the biggest most symbolic and famous civic pride icon of the Steel City is owned by the Japanese!

Somehow I hope better days are ahead....but I've become skeptical in my advanced age..
Does anyone know where I can board a Time Machine and go back to 1976??
I miss the smell of the blast furnaces, street lights on at 2pm, gray snow, and the leatherneck men days of Pittsburgh.
:(

I agree with Lurch and wish him luck with his desire to block this "deal"...

It has been a real F up'd week for us native Yinzers...

The once proud Men Of Steel have lost their luster on the football field....

and now the biggest most symbolic and famous civic pride icon of the Steel City is owned by the Japanese!

Somehow I hope better days are ahead....but I've become skeptical in my advanced age..
Does anyone know where I can board a Time Machine and go back to 1976??
I miss the smell of the blast furnaces, street lights on at 2pm, gray snow, and the leatherneck men days of Pittsburgh.
:(

Here you go. Take your trip back,

acid-banner__ScaleMaxWidthWzEwODBd.jpg

No..no...no...no.......I don't *&^%... ...no more....

Im tired of waking up on the floor...

Everything is for sale. But the Japanese bought John Deere years ago. Still going strong. Perhaps the Japanese are better businessmen the the Americans.

Everything is for sale. But the Japanese bought John Deere years ago. Still going strong. Perhaps the Japanese are better businessmen the the Americans.
John Deere kept its name...that wont happen in this instance.

The other ironic thing about the Japanese buying US Steel is...

US Steel forged most the steel that that went into making the equipment, weapons, vehicles, and bomb's that destroyed Japan.

So 80 years later....who really won that battle?
That's what happens when a country commits friggin suicide to make very few but very powerful extremely wealthy for the short term.

You know what is sad, Uncle Festerman Has been a "clear" voice of reason for the Democratic Party. Actually, bucking them on several occasions at least in rhetoric. He may be the best and the brightest of the bunch.
Yes he has....I guess that's why you cant judge a book by it's cover?

Go from being the number 1 steel producer in the world to selling out to the Japanese. Wow.
It’s always interesting when I read about reactions from big supposedly untouchable, business for sale. And believe me,I understand the reaction. Especially when it comes from a sale of your own countries natural resources.

Canada’s version of Pittsburgh Steel city would be Hamilton Ontario. Where it’s largest steel company is now owned by a company in Luxembourg,it’s second largest bought out by Americans.

Labatts Blue an iconic beer in Canada,bought out by a company in Belgium. I wonder how many Canadians even realize it.
Budweiser is not American owned as well. Anheuser-Busch was purchased by Belgian-Brazilian conglomerate InBev.

Huge forest companies from the States cutting down trees and at the same time closing down mills in small one industry town Canada.
Billions of liters of Canadian water rights sold to foreign companies to bottle water. Doesn’t seem right.
Energy recourses from mining to oil,to power,you name it produced in your own country owned by foreign countries.
Doesn’t always seem right. But it’s been happening forever.

So,tell me about Fetterman wanting to “ block” this deal. And for those of you that agree with it.
Would you also like to “block” American companies from buying up industry in foreign countries?

I’d say it’s a little late for that,wouldn’t you? I have no idea how many billions or trillions American companies have invested around the world,but I’m sure it’s rather substantial.

It’s always interesting when I read about reactions from big supposedly untouchable, business for sale. And believe me,I understand the reaction. Especially when it comes from a sale of your own countries natural resources.

Canada’s version of Pittsburgh Steel city would be Hamilton Ontario. Where it’s largest steel company is now owned by a company in Luxembourg,it’s second largest bought out by Americans.

Labatts Blue an iconic beer in Canada,bought out by a company in Belgium. I wonder how many Canadians even realize it.
Budweiser is not American owned as well. Anheuser-Busch was purchased by Belgian-Brazilian conglomerate InBev.

Huge forest companies from the States cutting down trees and at the same time closing down mills in small one industry town Canada.
Billions of liters of Canadian water rights sold to foreign companies to bottle water. Doesn’t seem right.
Energy recourses from mining to oil,to power,you name it produced in your own country owned by foreign countries.
Doesn’t always seem right. But it’s been happening forever.

So,tell me about Fetterman wanting to “ block” this deal. And for those of you that agree with it.
Would you also like to “block” American companies from buying up industry in foreign countries?

I’d say it’s a little late for that,wouldn’t you? I have no idea how many billions or trillions American companies have invested around the world,but I’m sure it’s rather substantial.
I don't believe its as much as you believe it is....

Now we have many American companies operating across the globe...but i don't believe very many foreign companies, operated in the foreign country, and then are owned by an American company...

Could be wrong but i don't believe it is significant...

I don't believe its as much as you believe it is....

Now we have many American companies operating across the globe...but i don't believe very many foreign companies, operated in the foreign country, and then are owned by an American company...

Could be wrong but i don't believe it is significant...
I’ll have to explore ad find figures. But I definitely disagree with you. All I had to do is look out my window and see two ski mountains In the distance. An American company from Colorado bought world famous Whistler Mountain for 1.4 billion , and a little to the right a company from Michigan bought Cypress mountain a few years ago as well. That took me all of a minute. I can only imagine worldwide.

I’ll have to explore ad find figures. But I definitely disagree with you. All I had to do is look out my window and see two ski mountains In the distance. An American company from Colorado bought world famous Whistler Mountain for 1.4 billion , and a little to the right a company from Michigan bought Cypress mountain a few years ago as well. That took me all of a minute. I can only imagine worldwide.
Come on man!
Does Canada really count as a foreign country?!? lol

Hell---I know every word to their national anthem!
Great anthem BTW...

Nothing to add to this other than I hated it that he was wearing a Steelers hat on Fox news while talking about this.

This is SteelerNation.com.
The posters are Steeler fans, many with Pittsburgh roots.
The team, the city and its fans are interwoven thru "Steel" which came via "US Steel", founded in Pittsburgh, the former global center of Steel production.

It's not quite analogous to Stelco going almost bankrupt in Hamilton (home of the Canadian football team that copied Steeler colors), then being saved by foreign $$$, or by Labatts of London, ON--masters of very middling beers--happily prostrating for a foreign buyout, or of your leftcoast ski hill developers who first sold Whistler out to Intrawest, who got it very close to banruptcy while benefittjng from $$billions in taxpayer infrastructure upgrades ahead of 2010, before it eventually made its way into Yankee hands.

You know what is sad, Uncle Festerman Has been a "clear" voice of reason for the Democratic Party. Actually, bucking them on several occasions at least in rhetoric. He may be the best and the brightest of the bunch.
Lurch is at least somewhat of an old-school Labor Democrat and has to pretend to be concerned about union jobs.

L
Lurch is at least somewhat of an old-school Labor Democrat and has to pretend to be concerned about union jobs.
Well---if more of the current Dems would still have that as one of their "guiding prinicples"....the country would be a hell of a lot better off right now!

L

Well---if more of the current Dems would still have that as one of their "guiding prinicples"....the country would be a hell of a lot better off right now!
The Dems kicked Labor to the curb in favor of the Greenies and govt workers 40 years ago.