• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Lurch not happy with US Steel deal

Does anyone know where I can board a Time Machine and go back to 1976??
I miss the smell of the blast furnaces, street lights on at 2pm, gray snow, and the leatherneck men days of Pittsburgh.
:(

Yep. My grandma used to wash the curtains once per month because of the residue from the steel mills.

Somehow I hope better days are ahead....but I've become skeptical in my advanced age..
Does anyone know where I can board a Time Machine and go back to 1976??
I miss the smell of the blast furnaces, street lights on at 2pm, gray snow, and the leatherneck men days of Pittsburgh.
:(
You don't need a machine for all that - just book a flight to any city in China.

I was in Pittsburgh a month ago for a meeting at USS corporate. (just happened to coincide with Steelers and Pens games). Nippon wasn’t even on the radar. They thought it would be Cliffs. I’m glad that headquarters and the name are staying, but sad that they are now Jap owned. What would the Pearl Harbor victims think? The only positive is that maybe they’ll invest some money in Granite City to keep it open. That mill is pretty much done.

I was in Pittsburgh a month ago for a meeting at USS corporate. (just happened to coincide with Steelers and Pens games). Nippon wasn’t even on the radar. They thought it would be Cliffs. I’m glad that headquarters and the name are staying, but sad that they are now Jap owned. What would the Pearl Harbor victims think? The only positive is that maybe they’ll invest some money in Granite City to keep it open. That mill is pretty much done.
News reporting this morning that the Biden Administration is “concerned” about foreign ownership of critical industries.
No concerns about China buying up our food supply, apparently.