• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"Magic Mike" and "4th Quarter Kenny" Were a Myth Peddled By the Naive and Slanted Media

Suge Knight

Registered
Reaction score
I can't even bull.****. It's bad. Real bad. Mike lost the locker room. The fanbase demands change. We have players blaming refs for our inability to score points. Another is asking to be set free on social media. I just read an article where a former Steeler basically called out Art for being the cheap *** that he is. Our OC is pure trash and we don't have the balls to do anything about it. Kennella Pickett is NOT the guy. In fact, you could make the argument that there are 31 active QBs who are better. Shiiit. He's basically Don Flamenco from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. NEXT!!

The mask is starting to slip on Mike Tomlin's "top 5 winning coach" charade. Even the ignorant and gullible are starting to concede that "Coach T" looks a whole lot less impressive when he doesn't have a HOF QB to clean up the mess that he leaves in his path. For those that say all we need to do is replace Canada, do you think T is going to run out and employ someone with a proven track record who is worth a damn, OR will he promote the guy currently responsible for ensuring that Watt and Highsmith have clean jock straps to wear weekly? If you aren't sure, think about it. Tomlin has always been overrated sh.it. It's just painfully evident to all now.

There are 7 games left and AT BEST there are 2 wins (and even that isn't guaranteed). Even if we attempt to compete, this will be Tomlin's first losing season. I say bring it. Like most, I'm sick of the "never had a losing season" bull.****. Tomlin, Canada, and Kennella are trash. I still say it's possible that we could end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft. I would give some serious thought to losing out so we can make a play for Caleb. He's tough and plays like he has some fire in his belly. Give me that any day over the kid that gets knocked out of the game every other week due to a scraped knee.

Here's a truth bomb that might not be for the faint of heart ... If we don't want to rebuild, we would be best served to fire Tomlin now and make a play for Belichick this offseason. Fire Canada and replace him with Ken Dorsey. Bench Kennella P indefinitely and draft his replacement in 2024, OR get rid of worthless Mitch and bring in Kirk Cousins as a 2 year bridge until we can draft someone who doesn't wear a dress.

Last edited:
get rid of worthless Mitch and bring in Kirk Cousins as a 2 year bridge
Yes, lets pay a huge sum of money for Kirk Cousins and push the team even further into the rabbit hole of mistakes.

Reactions: HCK
Sugar Bear, why don't the Steelers go get Bert and get him to teach Kenny how to throw sideline PI balls?

Kirk cousins is basically Kenny pickett in ten years… Cousins was a 24 year old qb when he got drafted and was perpetually benched over his first three years for all the same issues, only in a slightly better offensive scheme.. lol

Riiiiight. And Kyle Shanahan is Coach T in 10 years, right? lol

Also ill bet we don’t have a losing season this year… they suck, but they win enough to keep that wretched milestone going… they probably do exactly what we’ve been saying all year long… squeak into the playoffs and lose badly…
Not happening this year. The fantasy that we are "lucky" to have the winning coach that we do is about to come to an end for some.

Kirk cousins is basically Kenny pickett in ten years… Cousins was a 24 year old qb when he got drafted and was perpetually benched over his first three years for all the same issues, only in a slightly better offensive scheme.. lol

Kirk maybe isn't the most skilled NFL QB out there, but he was never as bad as Kenny is, ever.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CousKi00.htm

Kenny can only pray to put up stats as Kirk has, pray.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PickKe00.htm

Kenny has the same amount of ints as he does TDs. And he will NEVER put up the # of TDs KC has: 270. Please. Kenny is hot on his trail with 13 in over a season. I'm pretty sure Kenny's 106 yard passing per game as we saw yesterday is gonna take a while to reach 39,000+ yards KC has for his career.

yeah, overpay for a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury, ensuring he has even less mobility than he ever had and put him behind THIS offensive line while whining about QBs "over the kid that gets knocked out of the game every other week due to a scraped knee." Makes exactly zero sense. In fact, the entire ******* opening post makes no sense as its nothing that hasnt been discussed in the other posts on the main page of the football forum.

54d.jpg

Kirk maybe isn't the most skilled NFL QB out there, but he was never as bad as Kenny is, ever.

Kenny has the same amount of ints as he does TDs. And he will NEVER put up the # of TDs KC has: 270. Please. Kenny is hot on his trail with 13 in over a season. I'm pretty sure Kenny's 106 yard passing per game as we saw yesterday is gonna take a while to reach 39,000+ yards KC has for his career.
Exactly. No one said Cousins is the second coming, but even at 36 year AND coming off an achilles injury, he's still better than our current ballerina that's masquerading as a professional QB. Ideally, I think acquiring our future QB from the draft makes the most sense. Then again, our owner is cheap, clueless, and doesn't prioritize hiring effective, competent, and capable coaches, so a veteran QB may be our best bet.

I remember when people thought all Mitch Trubisky needed was our consistency and system to develop into an effective QB. How's that working out?

yeah, overpay for a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles injury, ensuring he has even less mobility than he ever had and put him behind THIS offensive line while whining about QBs "over the kid that gets knocked out of the game every other week due to a scraped knee." Makes exactly zero sense. In fact, the entire ******* opening post makes no sense as its nothing that hasn't been discussed in the other posts on the main page of the football forum.

54d.jpg
B b b b fordy wants Kirk and I hear he knows so much about football.

Exactly. No one said Cousins is the second coming, but even at 36 year AND coming off an achilles injury, he's still better than our current ballerina that's masquerading as a professional QB. Ideally, I think acquiring our future QB from the draft makes the most sense. Then again, our owner is cheap, clueless, and doesn't prioritize hiring effective, competent, and capable coaches, so a veteran QB may be our best bet.

I remember when people thought all Mitch Trubisky needed was our consistency and system to develop into an effective QB. How's that working out?
We had a veteran QB much better than Cousins, playing in the SAME system that Cousins would be inserted into. How did that work out?

Have you even considered that the failure of the HC is PRODUCING what we are seeing? Just maybe the players aren’t 100% of the problems?

Last edited:
Exactly. No one said Cousins is the second coming, but even at 36 year AND coming off an achilles injury, he's still better than our current ballerina that's masquerading as a professional QB. Ideally, I think acquiring our future QB from the draft makes the most sense. Then again, our owner is cheap, clueless, and doesn't prioritize hiring effective, competent, and capable coaches, a veteran QB may be our best bet.

I'm not even promoting signing Cousin here, I'm merely pointing out that Kenny is showing NO signs of being his equivalent in any shape, manner or form. I mean, it's not even close, at all. Sure, Kenny is handcuffed with an unprofessional OC and head coach, but still, some of the fault must fall on his shoulders for 106 yards passing in an entire NFL games (and 120 the game before). I mean, we are in uncharted territory here: never before has the perfect storm of a clueless head coach, unprepared OC and inferior QB ever existed in the NFL, maybe ever.

I'm not even promoting signing Cousin here, I'm merely pointing out that Kenny is showing NO signs of being his equivalent in any shape, manner or form. I mean, it's not even close, at all. Sure, Kenny is handcuffed with an unprofessional OC and head coach, but still, some of the fault must fall on his shoulders for 106 yards passing in an entire NFL games (and 120 the game before). I mean, we are in uncharted territory here: never before has the perfect storm of a clueless head coach, unprepared OC and inferior QB ever existed in the NFL, maybe ever.
Easy solution to find out. Axe the coaches (replace them)and bring in QB competition.

Then things would become crystal clear.

We had a veteran QB much better than Cousins, playing in the SAME system that Cousins would be inserted into. How did that work out?

Have you even considered that the failure of the HC is PRODUCING the hat we are seeing? Just maybe the players aren’t 100% of the problems?
Make no mistake, I think the majority of our problem is directly related to lazy ownership allowing incompetent coaching to continue. Point blank, the Steeler's "Way" is outdated, ineffective, and boring as sh.it.

I understood what you are saying. I found it humorous that someone was actually trying to draw parallels between Cousins and Kennella. It's like when you point out that Tomlin sucks ***, you always have the same 5 or 10 asking, "But who would we hire"? My thoughts are, how about someone that is capable and doesn't suck a.ss?

Here are Kirk Cousins' stats from last year. Could someone post Kennella's for comparison?

Kirk Cousins had a passer rating of 92.5 with 4,547 yards, 29 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 17 games in 2022

Cousins first 3 years ( when he was 24,25,and 26… he went 240 for 407 for 3030 yards with 18 tds and 19 picks. He bounced back and forth with RG 3… he got chances, then got benched… his completion percentage for years 1-3 was 59%… his passer rating was 77.3.

He was 27 when he finally busted out… all those stats came from after that.. Pickett could possibly do that… the problem with judging all young qbs is that most fans don’t realize how erratic and crazy they are in their early years… Brees was going to just be average… then he flipped a switch, but they already drafted Rivers… others like mariota, had great starts tgen faded into oblivion…
Hell year 2 Trubisky looked like he was going to be good… you really can’t tell right away..

Here are Kirk Cousins' stats from last year. Could someone post Kennella's for comparison?

Kirk Cousins had a passer rating of 92.5 with 4,547 yards, 29 touchdowns and 14 interceptions in 17 games in 2022
Cousins has proven to be a decent QB for a long time. A clear upgrade at this point. Sometimes his INTs are a little more than desired but really his age and injury is more concerning at this point.

Since moving on to Minnesota he has had the luxury of being in a better offense.

This O-line might put him back on IR sooner than later.

Cousins first 3 years ( when he was 24,25,and 26… he went 240 for 407 for 3030 yards with 18 tds and 19 picks. He bounced back and forth with RG 3… he got chances, then got benched… his completion percentage for years 1-3 was 59%… his passer rating was 77.3.

He was 27 when he finally busted out… all those stats came from after that.. Pickett could possibly do that… the problem with judging all young qbs is that most fans don’t realize how erratic and crazy they are in their early years… Brees was going to just be average… then he flipped a switch, but they already drafted Rivers… others like mariota, had great starts tgen faded into oblivion…
Hell year 2 Trubisky looked like he was going to be good… you really can’t tell right away..
All that rationality, that doesn't fit the narrative among Steelers fans anymore, rare air sir

Ok compare their year 1 and year 2 stats… ill wait
Why would that be necessary? Whether it took a season or two or not, Cousins is, without question, better than Kennella. He would be an upgrade. Period. The fanboy in you can deny that all you wish. It doesn't make it any less true. And just because Cousins improved does not mean that Kennella will. Straight up, the dude plays like he should be wearing a dress out there.

All that rationality, that doesn't fit the narrative among Steelers fans anymore, rare air sir

We want to immediately call a guy great or a bust… and tgats rarely the reality… kendrell Bell isn’t a HOF guy, Troy was… based on rookie seasons you could not know either truth

Pickett may or mat not be any good, but all our problems are way higher…

Suggesting we bring in a Vet qb that probably won’t fix anything.. almost certainly will get injured at his age behind this line, and who will cost at least 35 million dollars a season is just foolish. We would be way better off simply starting year 3 kenny with a new OC and if he shows nothing, drafting a new qb the year after…chasing instant gratification in the nfl leads to being the Browns

We want to immediately call a guy great or a bust… and tgats rarely the reality… kendrell Bell isn’t a HOF guy, Troy was… based on rookie seasons you could not know either truth

Pickett may or mat not be any good, but all our problems are way higher…

Suggesting we bring in a Vet qb that probably won’t fix anything.. almost certainly will get injured at his age behind this line, and who will cost at least 35 million dollars a season is just foolish. We would be way better off simply starting year 3 kenny with a new OC and if he shows nothing, drafting a new qb the year after…chasing instant gratification in the nfl leads to being the Browns
So, basically, instant gratification leads to a team who can beat us and knock us out of the playoffs during WC weekend, you say? Well then, sign me up for instant gratification, please.

Not that touting "consistency" isn't fun. ******* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited: