• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

"Magic Mike" and "4th Quarter Kenny" Were a Myth Peddled By the Naive and Slanted Media

Cousins first 3 years ( when he was 24,25,and 26… he went 240 for 407 for 3030 yards with 18 tds and 19 picks. He bounced back and forth with RG 3… he got chances, then got benched… his completion percentage for years 1-3 was 59%… his passer rating was 77.3.

He was 27 when he finally busted out… all those stats came from after that.. Pickett could possibly do that… the problem with judging all young qbs is that most fans don’t realize how erratic and crazy they are in their early years… Brees was going to just be average… then he flipped a switch, but they already drafted Rivers… others like mariota, had great starts tgen faded into oblivion…
Hell year 2 Trubisky looked like he was going to be good… you really can’t tell right away..
Exactly I don't know how many times I pointed this out. Just silly to stamp any QB early.

So, basically, instant gratification leads to a team who can beat us and knock us out of the playoffs during WC weekend, you say? Well then, sign me up for instant gratification, please.

Not that touting "consistency" isn't fun. ******* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sign you up for instant gratification..

Would that involve running someone over?

😁👀🤠😇

I can't even bull.****. It's bad. Real bad. Mike lost the locker room. The fanbase demands change. We have players blaming refs for our inability to score points. Another is asking to be set free on social media. I just read an article where a former Steeler basically called out Art for being the cheap *** that he is. Our OC is pure trash and we don't have the balls to do anything about it. Kennella Pickett is NOT the guy. In fact, you could make the argument that there are 31 active QBs who are better. Shiiit. He's basically Don Flamenco from Mike Tyson's Punch Out. NEXT!!

The mask is starting to slip on Mike Tomlin's "top 5 winning coach" charade. Even the ignorant and gullible are starting to concede that "Coach T" looks a whole lot less impressive when he doesn't have a HOF QB to clean up the mess that he leaves in his path. For those that say all we need to do is replace Canada, do you think T is going to run out and employ someone with a proven track record who is worth a damn, OR will he promote the guy currently responsible for ensuring that Watt and Highsmith have clean jock straps to wear weekly? If you aren't sure, think about it. Tomlin has always been overrated sh.it. It's just painfully evident to all now.

There are 7 games left and AT BEST there are 2 wins (and even that isn't guaranteed). Even if we attempt to compete, this will be Tomlin's first losing season. I say bring it. Like most, I'm sick of the "never had a losing season" bull.****. Tomlin, Canada, and Kennella are trash. I still say it's possible that we could end up with the 2nd or 3rd pick of the draft. I would give some serious thought to losing out so we can make a play for Caleb. He's tough and plays like he has some fire in his belly. Give me that any day over the kid that gets knocked out of the game every other week due to a scraped knee.

Here's a truth bomb that might not be for the faint of heart ... If we don't want to rebuild, we would be best served to fire Tomlin now and make a play for Belichick this offseason. Fire Canada and replace him with Ken Dorsey. Bench Kennella P indefinitely and draft his replacement in 2024, OR get rid of worthless Mitch and bring in Kirk Cousins as a 2 year bridge until we can draft someone who doesn't wear a dress.
oh dear lord you disappear when they win a couple and come back to cry like the troll you are

Cousins was 4-4 his first season, similar to Kenny (7-6).

Cousin's second season:
Comp Pct 52.26%
Yards 854
TDs 4
INTs 7
Rating 58.4
Record 0-5
Fumbles 3
Fumbles Lost 2
Rushes 4
Yards 14

Pickett's second season:
Comp Pct 79.2%
Yards 21722
TDs 6
INTs 4
Rating 79.5
Record 6-4
Fumbles 1
Fumbles Lost 0
Rushes 34
Yards 46

your turn, champ
I think the completion percentage for Kenny is off. Would have to check later...

Cousins first 3 years ( when he was 24,25,and 26… he went 240 for 407 for 3030 yards with 18 tds and 19 picks. He bounced back and forth with RG 3… he got chances, then got benched… his completion percentage for years 1-3 was 59%… his passer rating was 77.3.

He was 27 when he finally busted out… all those stats came from after that.. Pickett could possibly do that… the problem with judging all young qbs is that most fans don’t realize how erratic and crazy they are in their early years… Brees was going to just be average… then he flipped a switch, but they already drafted Rivers… others like mariota, had great starts tgen faded into oblivion…
Hell year 2 Trubisky looked like he was going to be good… you really can’t tell right away..
Kenny will never be as good as Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins will never be good enough to win anything. Whats the point of you're Cousins argument again?? What has he won?

Kenny will never be as good as Kirk Cousins, Kirk Cousins will never be good enough to win anything. Whats the point of you're Cousins argument again?? What has he won?
A. Kirk cousins will likely finish in the top 20 passers of all time… he is an above average but not superstar player The nfl QB list is littered with above average but not superstar qbs that won Super Bowls… they all don’t win em … hell some superstar qbs don’t win a super bowl… doesn’t mean they aren’t good enough to… if Stafford doesn’t get traded to a loaded Rams team when he did, he probably never wins one…

B. I can point out player after player after player that looked bad early in their careers and were good later on. So definitive statements about Pickett this early are just opinions, not facts

C. The point of the Pickett comparison to Cousins was that the OP posted in the first post that we should go out and get Kirk Cousins in the offseason… thus the Cousin comparison

The amount of QB's who quickly realize they aren't NFL caliber outnumbers bad ones that hang around long enough to have good careers is 100-1.
I hope Kenny proves everyone wrong but that would be a miracle from what he's shown thus far.

The amount of QB's who quickly realize they aren't NFL caliber outnumbers bad ones that hang around long enough to have good careers is 100-1.
I hope Kenny proves everyone wrong but that would be a miracle from what he's shown thus far.
100 to 1 huh..that looks like a made up number...