• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Major component of Dodd-Frank done away with... Yeah!!

Dodd/Frank passed in 2010, so it can't be the cause of the housing crisis. It was the fix that is suppose to prevent another crisis from occurring.

The real problem in Washington is both Dems and Repubs are mostly lawyers. We are being governed by one profession, because political office is a career move
for the legal profession. In the past, when Congress wasn't a full-time job, we use to elect a blend of professions: farmers, businessmen, doctors, etc...
They gave the government a diverse mindset that wanted to solve problems, so they could get things done and get back to their real lives.

Wait....did I just nod my head in agreement with 21?

A recent example would be the ACA... As flawed as it is, it's at least an attempt, albeit a ****** one, at addressing the problem of so many people not being able to afford to go to the ******* doctor. What's the republican plan... Oh yeah... **** 'em!! .

As you stated, it's a ****** attempt at solving a problem. Rather than revamp the insurance industry and regulate the billing practices of Doctors and facilities which provide health services the Democrats decide to saddle the tax payer with more debt and more taxes all while increasing premiums for those with existing healthcare and causing people to lose their primary care providers. GREAT example of democratic party action. And to set you straight, the Republicans are not say'n "**** 'em" they're saying "**** YOU for screwing over the American taxpayer", aka middle class families who are straddled with the burden of the Democrats propensity for spending money they dont have.

A recent example would be the ACA... As flawed as it is, it's at least an attempt, albeit a ****** one, at addressing the problem of so many people not being able to afford to go to the ******* doctor. What's the republican plan... Oh yeah... **** 'em!! That's the republican plan. And as for SS and Medicare being old news, they're still being argued over today between the two sides so I think that makes them still very relevant. You got guys like Paul Ryan that want to pass budgets that lower Medicare payouts and raise retirement ages while, of course, raising ******* defense spending. We already spend more on defense than the next 26 countries behind us on the list combined... 25 of whom are allies and this ******' *** clown wants to increase defense spending while reducing money that helps the average Joe.

Good intentions do not necessarily make good law, especially when one side or the other takes strict control of the debate by locking the other out and utilizes the entire tool box of legislative trickery to ram through that law against the wishes of the majority of citizens. Talk about "**** 'em." How I would love to hear you wail and see the gnashing of your teeth had a republican Congress done something similar.

The law, which you understatedly refer to as "flawed" is actually a travesty but there are plenty of threads here about that.

Out of the three you mention, SS, Medicare and defense which is the clearly Constitutionally mandated responsibility of the federal government? The first two are argued about still today because they were and are "flawed" laws as well.

Dodd/Frank passed in 2010, so it can't be the cause of the housing crisis. It was the fix that is suppose to prevent another crisis from occurring.

I always give credit where it's due and you are correct. I misstated when I said D/F was the cause when it actually was only the match set to the gasoline of the CRA, another wonderful example of democratic meddling in things they neither understand nor have an investment in in an effort to "help."

The real problem in Washington is both Dems and Repubs are mostly lawyers. We are being governed by one profession, because political office is a career move
for the legal profession. In the past, when Congress wasn't a full-time job, we use to elect a blend of professions: farmers, businessmen, doctors, etc...
They gave the government a diverse mindset that wanted to solve problems, so they could get things done and get back to their real lives.

The rest of your post is spot on and again, I give you credit. Now I must go shower.