• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MAJOR SCOTUS decisions handed down today.......

Spike

Reaction score
Watching Liberals getting blasted by actual facts instead of speculation by TRUE BELIEVERS is hilarious

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Supreme Court has ***** slapped the Oministration in the past week. Last week, they ruled that B. Hussein illegally made appointments. They ruled today on Hobby Lobby, a devastating blow to Obamacare, and the Union ruling is a HUGE one.

Three, major losses.

And the WhiteHouse came out today and said the Supreme Court has now put women's health at risk. Really? Because without mandatory-company-provided contraceptives, women can't get access to birth control? Rich. Rich indeed.

The Supreme Court is obviously racist.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
Guess what? It was a 5-4 decision. Who would of guessed?

Tim Steelersfan

Flog's Daddy
Contributor
Reaction score
It's been a really bad week for the Commander in Illegality. Help me out if I'm missing something here....

Last week, the Supreme Court ruled that a Massachusetts abortion clinic was denying the free speech of protesters (those for the Right to Life) by forcing them to protest at a minimum of 35 feet (or yards, whatever) from the clinics. The Courts said "no no no" they may protest right outside the establishment and the buffer zones impeded their freedom of speech.

The Court on the same day noted that the President's recess appointments were illegal.

Today in Harris vs. Quinn, the Court ruled people who care for loved ones in their home can't be compelled to join a Union - or otherwise to steal the money from said provider and force a contract between the cared for and those providing care.

And then today, the big hammer when the Court ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby.

Four major beat downs in less than a week. As Steelerlyn mentioned though, King Pompous Jackass doesn't get it and will again bypass Congress to "get his way" forgetting that he serves the people and is not a dictator.

That's ok. The polls show he's viewed as untrustworthy, Americans by and large hate the prick, and he's walking the fine line of impeachment...if he doesn't destroy us first from within.

Roy92040

Senor Blues
Contributor
Reaction score
But if you get rid of him we then have Biden as Pres. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Yinzerlyn

Contributor
Reaction score
But if you get rid of him we then have Biden as Pres. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Yes, but at least Biden is comic relief from the disaster he'd be causing.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll regret trying to impart some reason in this discussion, as I'm not a fan of Obamacare in any sense either, but Obamacare does not mandate that employers provide contraception. Obamacare mandates that companies with more than 50 employees must provide health care coverage of some kind for those employees. The government health care plan is only one option, and it happens to be accompanied by favorable tax incentives for those companies that choose to leverage it. That government plan is required to cover contraception.

Which equates to government coercion.

Companies like Hobby Lobby are not required to take the government health care plan. They are highly incented to do so, but not required. They could shop for their own plan to includes the services and coverages that they wish to give their employees, and not the ones they have religious or moral objections to. And shoulder a heavier tax burden as a result, but that's because the point of a government program should be to leverage economies of scale - having an a la carte model where everyone can pick and choose what they want or don't want is not the most efficient and economical approach.

I find it ironic that the same people that will ***** that companies absolutely should be able to act like an individual in terms of having religious freedom are also the same people that want to ***** when companies make these same claims on individuals' rights to achieve things they don't agree with. If you put aside the religious aspect of this particular story, it's ludicrous to think that a company of any size has any "rights" comparable with a person, like freedom of religion or freedom of speech.

You don't have to work for or patronize a company with which you disagree. You have no such choice with government.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Of course the Commie ******** are trying to make this out to be a woman's rights issue. God forbid a business owner practice freedom and offer services to it's employees that fall inline with their personal beliefs.

Freedom is the enemy of the government.

ark steel

Reaction score
The women that work at Hobby Lobby still have the right to go purchase insurance elsewhere, right?

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
You have to watch what you wish for. I think this is another step toward single payer healthcare.
My guess is single payer by 2030.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You have to watch what you wish for. I think this is another step toward single payer healthcare.

well, that's a narrow window isnt it?
16 years

Vader

Reaction score
The women that work at Hobby Lobby still have the right to go purchase insurance elsewhere, right?

They can still get over 20 forms of birth control from Hobby Lobby insurance. It just doesn't pay for 4 of them.. the morning after pill being one of the 4.

As with most things you post, you have no idea what you are talking about. How in the hell does this ruling push us towards a single payer system? It's ******* ridiculous. I guess if the ruling went the other way it would have pushed us away from single payer? This is a very limited ruling and will have nothing to do with single payer. IMHO single payer is further off the table since people now see how much of a clusterfuck government is now. They can't even run a HC system that only has to take care of less than 1% of the population. Obama has shed light on the fact that the government sucks at the economy, health care and almost anything else it touches. Yea, keep waiting for single payer... you'll have a long wait time... like a vet in a VA hospital wait time.

JupiterBnG

Banned
Reaction score
You don't have to work for or patronize a company with which you disagree. You have no such choice with government.

Sure you do. Vote for someone else. I can't influence the decisions the Hobby Lobby execs make about their company (other than continuing to not give them the patronage that I already wasn't giving them, which, for them, means nothing), but I can always vote for other politicians to enact or repeal laws in ways that are more agreeable to me.

For every pissed-off person who will now refuse to shop at Hobby Lobby, there'll be a bible-thumper who will make a point of going there to buy something just because they think it's what Jesus wants them to do. Hobby Lobby's bottom line won't change at all from this.

ark steel

Reaction score

The whole bullshit legislation is, clearly, engineered toward eventual single payer.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Sure you do. No, you don't. At least not until another election comes along...I'm well aware of how elections work. Or don't. And since the makers have been outbred by the takers I'm not sure my vote will ever matter again, if it does now but thta's another thread....my point was that you have no choice but to deal with the current government.Vote for someone else. I can't influence the decisions the Hobby Lobby execs make about their company (other than continuing to not give them the patronage that I already wasn't giving them, which, for them, means nothing), but I can always vote for other politicians to enact or repeal laws in ways that are more agreeable to me.

For every pissed-off person who will now refuse to shop at Hobby Lobby, there'll be a bible-thumper who will make a point of going there to buy something just because they think it's what Jesus wants them to do. Hobby Lobby's bottom line won't change at all from this.

Not sure why you went all anti Bible thumper there....I aren't one.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Four major beat downs in less than a week. As Steelerlyn mentioned though, King Pompous Jackass doesn't get it and will again bypass Congress to "get his way" forgetting that he serves the people and is not a dictator.

He should be able to get anything He wants because He is the FBP. /Libtards

Doc Holliday

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned that Hobby Lobby already provides coverage for 16 of the 20 types of birth control mandated by the ACA?

Here they are:

Male condoms
Female condoms
Diaphragms with spermicide
Sponges with spermicide
Cervical caps with spermicide
Spermicide alone
Birth-control pills with estrogen and progestin (“Combined Pill)
Birth-control pills with progestin alone (“The Mini Pill)
Birth control pills (extended/continuous use)
Contraceptive patches
Contraceptive rings
Progestin injections
Implantable rods
Vasectomies
Female sterilization surgeries
Female sterilization implants

ALL COVERED.

Here is what they object to:

lan B (“The Morning After Pill”)
Ella (a similar type of “emergency contraception”)
Copper Intra-Uterine Device
IUD with progestin

Hobby Lobby is not telling it's employees they can't have these things, they simply refuse to pay for them. And for that they should be burned to the ground?

This to me has little to do with women but more so to do with the left wanting to spit in the face of Christians. And they do at every turn. I suspect that the left will target the RFRA next, and oh the irony because it was DEMOCRATS who enacted it. But hey, there is someone else's money to be had to pay for other people's choices......so strike up the lynch mob and sharpen the guillotine.

And don't get me wrong, I don't believe the right gives a crap about Christians either, other than to bolster their voting numbers.

Last edited:

diver

Reaction score
As with most things you post, you have no idea what you are talking about. How in the hell does this ruling push us towards a single payer system? It's ******* ridiculous. I guess if the ruling went the other way it would have pushed us away from single payer? This is a very limited ruling and will have nothing to do with single payer. IMHO single payer is further off the table since people now see how much of a clusterfuck government is now. They can't even run a HC system that only has to take care of less than 1% of the population. Obama has shed light on the fact that the government sucks at the economy, health care and almost anything else it touches. Yea, keep waiting for single payer... you'll have a long wait time... like a vet in a VA hospital wait time.

Boy, I hope you are right.

My fear is that there are enough stupid people in this country that will look at the clusterfuck which is Obamacare and instead of thinking the government should be out of the healthcare business, will think that single-payer is the only way to fix it.

The government steps in and ***** something up, why, the only thing to do is have the government try to fix it. It is a vicious cycle that so many do not see. each time they try to fix it, a little more of our liberties go out the window.

Vader

Reaction score
Boy, I hope you are right.

My fear is that there are enough stupid people in this country that will look at the clusterfuck which is Obamacare and instead of thinking the government should be out of the healthcare business, will think that single-payer is the only way to fix it.

The government steps in and ***** something up, why, the only thing to do is have the government try to fix it. It is a vicious cycle that so many do not see. each time they try to fix it, a little more of our liberties go out the window.

There are always enough stupid people to do almost anything. I'm just hoping that people wake up and realize that they are losing their liberty. This particular SC decision is extremely limited and will have no effect on the single payer argument. How anybody can read that into the case is beyond me.

Right now Rand Paul is the one I'm hoping can fix some of this mess.