• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Man, I need to join a union

Most of these manufacturers are already making cheap cars. Once they give the work to china that’s it.
Take it away Ron…
It’ll be interesting when the Dems’ big benefactor, the ChiComs, petition Joe to roll back emissions and safety standards so they can export cheap cars to us and see what the Greenies’ reaction is.

They have cheap Chinese **** running all over Europe right now. Lynk and Co is the most prominent, because it’s a joint Chinese Swedish venture. Junk.

They have cheap Chinese **** running all over Europe right now. Lynk and Co is the most prominent, because it’s a joint Chinese Swedish venture. Junk.
Lynx and Co is launching an all electric car in the States in 2024. Shall be interesting,because you know it will be a lot cheaper. Tell you.....those Chinese smart business. They buy Volvo. Which in its heyday was always know for reliability,solid car. They announce a joint Swedish -Chinese venture (sure,sure,wink,wink) so that the public still thinks of The Swedish Volvo old reputations. Meanwhile manufacture all in China. Will the quality go way down?

Lynx and Co is launching an all electric car in the States in 2024. Shall be interesting,because you know it will be a lot cheaper. Tell you.....those Chinese smart business. They buy Volvo. Which in its heyday was always know for reliability,solid car. They announce a joint Swedish -Chinese venture (sure,sure,wink,wink) so that the public still thinks of The Swedish Volvo old reputations. Meanwhile manufacture all in China. Will the quality go way down?
Wasn't Volvo bought by Ford at about the same time GM bought Saab? Maybe not.

Wasn't Volvo bought by Ford at about the same time GM bought Saab? Maybe not.
Yes they did. Then sold it to Geely automotive group. Geely needed a reputable name recognition to enter the US market. They will always use Volvo in their marketing, while it’s not the traditional Volvo whatsoever. Very deep pockets of course.

I might add that Ford bought Volvo for 6.45B
Sold to their competitor 10 years later for 1.8B
A competitive company that needs that type of acquisition to compete in the USA market. Just great business sense there.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMM
A little off subject perhaps, but I saw an old advertisement on FB for a new 1955 Chevy Belaire for $1,700. Factor in inflation and that would be around $20,000 today.
Not sure what you can get for 20K today, but likely not much. Wages, government regulations and advertising to convince everyone that they can't live without a self driving, seat warming, latte providing rolling computer is where we find ourselves today.

A little off subject perhaps, but I saw an old advertisement on FB for a new 1955 Chevy Belaire for $1,700. Factor in inflation and that would be around $20,000 today.
Not sure what you can get for 20K today, but likely not much. Wages, government regulations and advertising to convince everyone that they can't live without a self driving, seat warming, latte providing rolling computer is where we find ourselves today.
Nobody has ever went off subject in these forums Zona!🙂🙂

I hear what you’re saying. I was looking at new car prices for the first time in years. I can’t believe it. Even when you say 20,000. That’s not just chicken feed. Yet in new prices it sure is. I will continue with my used vehicles. Which have skyrocketed as well.

I would like to buy a new truck before I get too old to drive. A truck should not cost anywhere close to what they are bringing in these days.
I hear ya. I hesitate to pull the trigger on a new truck because I don't think the quality will match my current 26 year old truck.
But then I think, at my age I don't have to worry about it lasting half that long, or maybe even a third. :ROFLMAO:

SEIU? Lol good luck their ****** and so is your center
Yes its SEIU. I'm not part of the union because i am management. I tried to lay out the facts to my staff along with other staff and myself and the administrator got slapped for it. I never told them not to join I just told them to make sure they have the facts. This somehow turned into union busting. Staff just got their first union pay Friday and so far i haven't heard many complaints so we will see how it goes.
Staffs biggest complaint was when the new company took over we lost 1.5x pay for holidays. However we gained about 10 extra PTO days to use and if you work a holiday you can also use PTO so you get 2x pay. Overall you will still get more days off. Staff was not comprehending this along with losing 8% pay to other union rules. I just hope my staff gets something out of it

Yes its SEIU. I'm not part of the union because i am management. I tried to lay out the facts to my staff along with other staff and myself and the administrator got slapped for it. I never told them not to join I just told them to make sure they have the facts. This somehow turned into union busting. Staff just got their first union pay Friday and so far i haven't heard many complaints so we will see how it goes.
Staffs biggest complaint was when the new company took over we lost 1.5x pay for holidays. However we gained about 10 extra PTO days to use and if you work a holiday you can also use PTO so you get 2x pay. Overall you will still get more days off. Staff was not comprehending this along with losing 8% pay to other union rules. I just hope my staff gets something out of it
Most dumbasses just see X amount per hr or year. They do not factor, medical, dental, PTO, sick, stock,…etc as part of that overall package.

They will be bitching soon, and leave, or just stop doing ****.

That is the way of SEIU

I think chinese companies bought other known names like MG, Austin Martin. Volvo has been chinese owned for several years now.

I think chinese companies bought other known names like MG, Austin Martin. Volvo has been chinese owned for several years now.
Yes, MG used to be known for its iconic (and temperamental) British sports cars. Now it's the home of entry level shitboxes.

Yes, MG used to be known for its iconic (and temperamental) British sports cars. Now it's the home of entry level shitboxes.
Sad...It's not just the line being shipped overseas, it's the loss of a skill that's not going to be passed down to the next generation. Granted much of that was lost with automation unfortunately. We're effectively dooming the next generations with out of control debt and loss of a skilled workforce.

**** unions. They’re communists. Their time is over. ********* trying to **** their own source of income. The Teamsters just ****** around and found out. I hope these ******** do too. Don’t even get me started on the ************* Steelworkers Union…U.S. Steel and Cliffs are dinosaurs who are getting their ***** kicked by non-union steel mills like Nucor and SDI, who pay incentives based on production and profit.

My dad was a big union guy back in the day. You know what he got out of it? A company that closed up and moved south. He got black balled and he's hated the unions since then. If not for the unions we would still be in western PA. I agree **** the unions. They're just political pawn company extortionists nowadays.

My dad was a big union guy back in the day. You know what he got out of it? A company that closed up and moved south. He got black balled and he's hated the unions since then. If not for the unions we would still be in western PA. I agree **** the unions. They're just political pawn company extortionists nowadays.
Yep, my Dad as well. He hated the strikes knowing he would never recoup the money lost while on strike. His company closed and moved south as well, after he retired though, Mississippi, I think.

I just hope my staff gets something out of it

Something like, say ...

8c28c94f613f7d4dfa751addd786ea52.jpg

Or perhaps ...

images
images
US10dollarbill-Series_2004A.jpg

USS is idling a blast furnace at the Granite City mill. I talked to a guy at corporate yesterday and he said it’s because their order books are getting impacted by the big 3 slowing down. When steel production drops so do my sales. ****** unions..

Not one time have I ever needed to pay someone "dues" to represent me in finding employment, negotiating my pay, negotiating benefits, negotiating vacation/PTO, retirement benefits, or anything else related to employment. In 2023 the only thing unions do is to exploit and extort the workers that are too stupid to realize it is happening.

Last new car the wife and I bought was a 2014 Chrysler mini van....still have it. I can't justify a new car anymore. Wife still works and I'm retired. Just can't see making the crazy payments for a new one. Will stick to good used from here on out, but even used cars are getting to be pricey.

Sad...It's not just the line being shipped overseas, it's the loss of a skill that's not going to be passed down to the next generation. Granted much of that was lost with automation unfortunately. We're effectively dooming the next generations with out of control debt and loss of a skilled workforce.
I know for a fact...that the most revered and respected UAW employees were the Tool& Die Makers.

If that skill set goes away.......most US manufacturing will suffer due to everything being made from plastic.