• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Marco Rubio announces he is running for President

Spike

Reaction score
Rubio tells supporters he is running for White House

MIAMI (AP) — Hoping to turn his youth into a benefit, Sen. Marco Rubio entered the presidential race Monday with a promise to move the nation beyond the politics of the past, a jab at both Democratic favorite Hillary Rodham Clinton and his one-time Republican mentor, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

Standing in front of a banner that proclaimed "A New American Century," the 43-year-old Cuban-American used his first speech as a presidential candidate to take on two of America's political dynasties. In doing so, he bet heavily on the electorate's frustrations with Washington and his ability to change how his party is seen by voters.

"This election is not just about what laws we will pass," he said Monday evening. "It is a generational choice about what kind of country we will be."

Clinton's entrance into the race with an online video Sunday is robbing some attention from Rubio's splash into the race. But Rubio saw an opportunity to cast the presidential contest as one between a fresh face representing a new generation of leadership and familiar faces harking back decades — namely, the 62-year-old Bush and the 67-year-old Clinton.

http://news.yahoo.com/signs-point-white-house-bid-florida-sen-rubio-125441618--election.html

I think Rubio's best value would be as the VP candidate.

Jeb would be wise to sit this one out.

too many similar irons in the fire

Rubio is on Hannity right now throwing away the women vote by being too anti-abortion.

He definitely has the "looks" to get women on his side. I know that's shallow, but he's young and attractive. My 64 year old mother thinks he is "hot." In this media driven society we live in today, of course how you look plays a big part. It sucks, but that's how it is.

His real best value to society might be as an attorney in Miami. Will never be president.

In this media driven society we live in today, of course how you look plays a big part. .

So you're saying Hillary has no chance

hillary-clinton.jpg

Most Americans don't like abortion, but most believe it's a woman's choice and not the governments decision.

If you want limited government, that should start with personal choices.

I am 100% against abortion, though I do not believe I have the right to dictate to others. I will vote Pro-Choice every time. As long as Rubio makes it known that he is personally Anti-Abortion, and not spearheading a movement to change the law, he should be fine. It is when they come out and promise to divide people on an issue they get into trouble. I could live with his personal beliefs being different than mine.

Most Americans don't like abortion, but most believe it's a woman's choice and not the governments decision.

If you want limited government, that should start with personal choices.

And here I thought I couldn't agree with you on anything.

I am 100% against abortion, though I do not believe I have the right to dictate to others. I will vote Pro-Choice every time. As long as Rubio makes it known that he is personally Anti-Abortion, and not spearheading a movement to change the law, he should be fine. It is when they come out and promise to divide people on an issue they get into trouble. I could live with his personal beliefs being different than mine.

As I've said before, I wish people on both sides would get over it and realize that politicians and parties use it to raise money and get people riled up. It isn't going to change. Whether you're in favor of abortion on demand or not, Democrats have to get that Republicans aren't going to take it away and Republicans have to get that they aren't going to change it. The Supreme Court decided in 1973 that abortion is legal although one can argue that it was a flawed decision on a couple of levels. There are two ways to change it; 1) Get more pro-life justices on the Supreme Court. 2) Pass a Constitutional amendment. We will never get rid of enough Democrats to accomplish either of those, so there isn't any point in worrying about it or using it as a litmus test for candidates in either party. It is what it is and it isn't going to change, so let's get on with talking about taxes, the economy, immigration, and why Bomma sucks.

Rubio: I Would Attend Gay Wedding of Family Member, Friend

Although he thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says he would attend a same-sex wedding of a family member or friend to show his support for someone he cares about.

Rubio was interviewed Wednesday by Fusion's Jorge Ramos, who asked the Republican presidential candidate whether he would attend the wedding of a gay friend or co-worker if invited.

"If there's somebody that I love that's in my life, I don't necessarily have to agree with their decisions, or the decisions they've made, to continue to love them and participate in important events," Rubio answered.

The situation would be much like attending the wedding of a person who was previously divorced, which also is prohibited by his Catholic faith, he explained.

"If it's somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would" attend their wedding, Rubio said. "I'm not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they've made or because I disagree with a decision they've made, or whatever it may be."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Marco-Rubio-would-attend-wedding/2015/04/15/id/638808/

Rubio: I Would Attend Gay Wedding of Family Member, Friend

Although he thinks marriage should be between a man and a woman, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio says he would attend a same-sex wedding of a family member or friend to show his support for someone he cares about.

Rubio was interviewed Wednesday by Fusion's Jorge Ramos, who asked the Republican presidential candidate whether he would attend the wedding of a gay friend or co-worker if invited.

"If there's somebody that I love that's in my life, I don't necessarily have to agree with their decisions, or the decisions they've made, to continue to love them and participate in important events," Rubio answered.

The situation would be much like attending the wedding of a person who was previously divorced, which also is prohibited by his Catholic faith, he explained.

"If it's somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would" attend their wedding, Rubio said. "I'm not going to hurt them simply because I disagree with a choice they've made or because I disagree with a decision they've made, or whatever it may be."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/Marco-Rubio-would-attend-wedding/2015/04/15/id/638808/

I live near Rubio. He's the squeak clean image and is rather authentic on his views. He also speaks a bit differently than most politicians. On the other hand I've seen him say things a bit earlier than he should have. IMO, he's a perfect VP type of pick who can help win Florida, and increase the Latino vote.

I live near Rubio. He's the squeak clean image and is rather authentic on his views. He also speaks a bit differently than most politicians. On the other hand I've seen him say things a bit earlier than he should have. IMO, he's a perfect VP type of pick who can help win Florida, and increase the Latino vote.

He's a wholly owned subsidiary of State Farm INS. He is also a big government RINO. He won't do well with real conservatives.

He's a wholly owned subsidiary of State Farm INS. He is also a big government RINO. He won't do well with real conservatives.
I would prefer Rubio as the VP to bring in FL and some Hispanic votes but I agree, he's not Conservative enough to suit me. There are big government Republicans too.