• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mason Rudolf------------- Coach to his strengths

Well that's true. But then look at Mason's throw. It wasn't a bad decision - it was a floppy duck.
Throw to the side endzone: it had so much air on it that the DB was able to move from inside leverage across the receiver and intercept the ball a foot off the ground. F*ck.

Mason has difficulty throwing into tight windows. That isn't a new problem or a going away problem IMO. His pocket awareness seems to improve some, maybe that could as well. Just prefer not to place my coins on the table in this bet.

Well that may be true but you saw Mason noodle-arm throw that sh*t INT in the endzone in the playoff game. That was a game-changer. He looked like the Mason of past 5 years.

Mason aint gonna get any better. Maybe next year the Steelers could worse opponents that make Mason look Pro-Bowl?

The STEELERS definitely need better QBs. I hope Mason gets an offer and exits. I agree he may just be a back-up.

Kenny may not be the answer either, the STEELERS are in a sort of Quagmire in the QB status.

To many needs and an undeveloped 1st rounder QB to actually draft another high-end QB. Mitch needs jettisoned and Rudy is viable for a backup, but also direct replacement competition to Pickett…………… No Man’s Land.

Salute the nation

The STEELERS definitely need better QBs. I hope Mason gets an offer and exits. I agree he may just be a back-up.

Kenny may not be the answer either, the STEELERS are in a sort of Quagmire in the QB status.

To many needs and an undeveloped 1st rounder QB to actually draft another high-end QB. Mitch needs jettisoned and Rudy is viable for a backup, but also direct replacement competition to Pickett…………… No Man’s Land.

Salute the nation
Only one way you solve that. Attempt to upgrade the position either in free agency and or the draft.

Only one way you solve that. Attempt to upgrade the position either in free agency and or the draft.
But you do so likely to the detriment of other needed positions to setup whoever is QB for success. Fix the line this year, Center, RT and another guard either in the draft or free agency. make sure it is solid. Then we can address QB the next year along with more weapon's assuming Kenny doesn't progress. Then a new QB can come in and have a real chance at surviving his rookie year.

Historically, this staff has never had success in selecting and developing CB's (JPJ may prove to be the exception, blind pig analogy). Now that their HOF signal caller for almost all of Tomlin's tenure has retired, the same can be said about the QB position. I saw something where they're thinking of expanding the coaching staff, and it would be nice see those positions filled by those that can actually teach and correct techniques.

You don't think that was said to him this past season? If he gets zero offer again this off-season and the Steelers are willing to bring him back....he will be back. If he gets any real offer I think he is gone.
I’d think it should have been conveyed to him, but there seems to be some opinion he was treated unfairly or handled improperly.

I don’t see him ever getting signed as a #1 anywhere? So if he’s gonna be a #2, why not here?

Historically, this staff has never had success in selecting and developing CB's (JPJ may prove to be the exception, blind pig analogy). Now that their HOF signal caller for almost all of Tomlin's tenure has retired, the same can be said about the QB position. I saw something where they're thinking of expanding the coaching staff, and it would be nice see those positions filled by those that can actually teach and correct techniques.

ABSOLUTELY, but it all comes down to Mr. Hands On, if he finds his place, then the new coach's will have a chance.

Salute the nation

I see your quarterback guru he is not, and raise you a guru of any position he is not. Guy has motivational/communication skills but positional improvement anywhere in 17 years is not anywhere to be found.

You are so correct. If Coach Tomlin could actually step back a notch or two and let the other coaches coach......... things would be so much better.

Salute the nation

That has no relevance to Rudolph. He only played in 4 games.
Rudolph has a ceiling I've watched in games for 5 years. Last year it was higher then anyone else on the Roster. He would most likely get you the most wins. But he is not a long term option to take this team where I'd like it to go. And if KP doesn't look like that guy next year it's time to redraft.

I think I saw some fake news about Rudolf making his mind up about not returning and giving Rooney a heads up.

I haven’t found anything anywhere to confirm it.

Salute the nation

But you do so likely to the detriment of other needed positions to setup whoever is QB for success. Fix the line this year, Center, RT and another guard either in the draft or free agency. make sure it is solid. Then we can address QB the next year along with more weapon's assuming Kenny doesn't progress. Then a new QB can come in and have a real chance at surviving his rookie year.

This is the smart path. Keep addressing the lines. They're a quarterbacks best help. Just like a great pass rush helps your secondary immensely.

Buying time is of the highest value when a few seconds mean the difference between good and great.

This is the smart path. Keep addressing the lines. They're a quarterbacks best help. Just like a great pass rush helps your secondary immensely.

Buying time is of the highest value when a few seconds mean the difference between good and great.
Well they got the right guy for building the trenches. Hopefully Andy picks up where he left off last offseason.

Well they got the right guy for building the trenches. Hopefully Andy picks up where he left off last offseason.

HellA yes, I was very concerned when initial rumors surfaced about Wiedl possibly leaving. I sure am glad those rumors have deadened. I hope he is here to stay for 5 + years, but ion the NFL, that is fallacy thinking………

Salute the nation

I think if Rudy would have been given a fair chance to compete this year he would have started all year and possibly gotten better as the year progresses. How do you get better if you don't play. my personal feelings are Tomlin has NEVER given Rudy a fair shake. hell he was on a short leash to the Duck.

Tomlin has no clue as to how to develop any player let alone the QB position. So does it really matter who we have at QB?
This.

This team will get nowhere until Tomlin leaves or he puts his ego aside and actually coaches players up

I’d think it should have been conveyed to him, but there seems to be some opinion he was treated unfairly or handled improperly.

I don’t see him ever getting signed as a #1 anywhere? So if he’s gonna be a #2, why not here?
why not here? cuz he's better than KP
here he should be QB1 but we all know how that works with this dog and pony show
but if he goes out and gets no offers again gotta think he comes back yet again cuz a less than desirable situation is better than no job at all

screw the other positions
we need the most most important position to be serviceable at a minmum...yesterday
get the QB fixed now or just keep wasting seasons with a QB2-3 at the helm

Rudolph has a ceiling I've watched in games for 5 years. Last year it was higher then anyone else on the Roster. He would most likely get you the most wins. But he is not a long term option to take this team where I'd like it to go. And if KP doesn't look like that guy next year it's time to redraft.
I'd say KP has had a chance at least equal (or an even better shot imho) to Rudy and has somehow shown even less in terms of development and potential
KP's ceiling seems to be near Rudy's "C game"
to me that doesn't warrant yet another free shot without a legit competition for the position
Rudy, FA or draft pick and an actual fair competition is essential to not wasting yet another season

I'd say KP has had a chance at least equal (or an even better shot imho) to Rudy and has somehow shown even less in terms of development and potential
KP's ceiling seems to be near Rudy's "C game"
to me that doesn't warrant yet another free shot without a legit competition for the position
Rudy, FA or draft pick and an actual fair competition is essential to not wasting yet another season
I'm not into anymore 9 or 10 wins seasons. Role KP out and if he cannot produce 11 or 12 find someone in the 2025 draft who can. Rudolph can get you 8-10 for sure. I'm sick of that ****. Honestly I'd rather win 5.

I don't get how you guys are saying it was not a fair competition? Pickett played lights out in the pre-season. Our offense looked unstoppable. Anyone saying Pickett didn't deserve to start after the pre- season is just being ignorant. You could certainly make a case that Mason deserved to be #2, but Pickett earned the starting job. I don't think Mason will stay mainly due to the fact it will cause some team divide. This team rarely coaches to anyones strengths. We have Pickett rolling out the opposite way, minkah basically playing LB, Watt playing CB, but using the TEs / Najee in the passing game, having the WRs run routes that take them OOB, etc etc.

I'm not into anymore 9 or 10 wins seasons. Role KP out and if he cannot produce 11 or 12 find someone in the 2025 draft who can. Rudolph can get you 8-10 for sure. I'm sick of that ****. Honestly I'd rather win 5.
The same song and dance mid Steelers has definitely grown old on all of us

That being said I’ll take 8-8-1 to 10-7 over 5-12 just cuz I’m rooting for wins every time they take the field

That is of course assuming Tomlin has already been extended. If not extended I’ll take that 5-12 on the chin like a champ to necessitate change

The same song and dance mid Steelers has definitely grown old on all of us

That being said I’ll take 8-8-1 to 10-7 over 5-12 just cuz I’m rooting for wins every time they take the field

That is of course assuming Tomlin has already been extended. If not extended I’ll take that 5-12 on the chin like a champ to necessitate change

I’ll take that chin shot right there with you.

I still think Coach Tomlin is in a ”start” of the make or break ZONE with Art 2.

Salute the nation

No. Tomlin is in Rooney safe zone. Bubblewrapped.