• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Maurkice Pouncey Officially Retires

thanks for al your hard work Mr Pouncey, true Steeler 4Life

True. I had read that with COVID, many of the meetings are never known about as they usually aren''t done face to face anymore or, if they are, it's easier to hide it as there are no people out snooping around.

definitely easier for the team to do business without a bunch of questions and speculation. I am sure they like that part.

Jeff Hartings held on to the starting C position for about 6 straight years, going to the Pro Bowl a couple of those years, before his knees ended his career. I'd say he's one of the 5 best C in Steelers history (Webster, Dawson, Pouncey, Mansfield, Hartings).

Yes but between him and Pouncey it was brutal

This is not the news I wanted to hear after driving all night and just getting home...

To #53,

Pounce, you will always be one of my favorite Steelers, you always had your QB's back and while father time caught up w/ you - YOU ARE A HOF PLAYER!!! Fo sho!!!

All the best to you and your brother,
Berm

its a message board. We cant dictate how others perceive or feel. Its a valid question.

Im wondering if this is a signal that Ben is also calling it.

Noted Bleeder but the question still could have been framed better...I cannot speak to Ben's decision but I'm praying it's not - besides there's 17 million reasons Ben is coming back...

It'll be weird to not see 53 running out of the tunnel at Heinz Field anymore. Pouncey continued our long tradition of great centers and I'm glad he was able to retire on his terms. He is close with his brother and family, so I hope they are able to find success in retirement and enjoy it.

Maurkice Pouncey will continue to carry the Steeler tradition of centers (Webster, Dawson) into the Pro Football HOF....FACTS!!!! Glad I could be around to witness your contributions to the game!

I have watched every game of Pouncey's career since he was a freshman starting at Florida. To walk into the room in Gainesville and start as a true freshman...showed the kid had massive potential. He and his brother (also retired today) anchored the OL for the 2008 national championship team that also featured Marcus Gilbert (RT)...talk about LOADED

I honestly believe Pouncey will end up in the Hall. 9x and 3x are hard to beat at that position.

He'll always be one of my favorite Steelers (probably because he's a Gator GOAT too)...

I have watched every game of Pouncey's career since he was a freshman starting at Florida. To walk into the room in Gainesville and start as a true freshman...showed the kid had massive potential. He and his brother (also retired today) anchored the OL for the 2008 national championship team that also featured Marcus Gilbert (RT)...talk about LOADED

I honestly believe Pouncey will end up in the Hall. 9x and 3x are hard to beat at that position.

He'll always be one of my favorite Steelers (probably because he's a Gator GOAT too)...

I think he will as well.

Another thing that I loved about him is he was always there to defend his QB. When Reid took a cheap shot on Ben's head, DeCastro got in his face and Pouncey was right behind him. He held nothing back going all in on Cleveland Browns Walter Payton Man of the Year Myles Garrett when he tried to decapitate Rudolph. Pouncey was always there to defend his QBs and his teammates.

See ya later, gator.

Reactions: MTC
I think he will as well.

Another thing that I loved about him is he was always there to defend his QB. When Reid took a cheap shot on Ben's head, DeCastro got in his face and Pouncey was right behind him. He held nothing back going all in on Cleveland Browns Walter Payton Man of the Year Myles Garrett when he tried to decapitate Rudolph. Pouncey was always there to defend his QBs and his teammates.

Maurkice did defend his teammates and was willing to scrum for his guys.
Enjoy retirement and stay outta trouble big guy.

Gators?! Booooo

Go Dawgs!

I absolutely agree. Florida's OL was SO DOMINANT back then. Excellent SEC product!!!

I absolutely agree. Florida's OL was SO DOMINANT back then. Excellent SEC product!!!

That is was back then. The Florida team was not so sunny outside the lines.