• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

MD School shooting

We raised the drinking age to 21 because it was the under 21 group getting into a lot of drinking and driving accidents and
sometimes killing innocent people. Same thing should apply to guns. Many of them aren't mature enough and take to violence
for perceived grievances with a lot of theses grievances happening at school. Raise the purchase age to 21 and hold parents and other
adults responsible if kids access their guns to commit crimes or violence.
You want to hold "parents and other adults" responsible if a 20 year old takes a gun illegally and commits a crime?

The US is the only place in the world that has guns and crazy people. Ok. The type of gun has nothing to do with it. Because the rest of the world has just as many school/mass shootings. They are putting an armed police officer at my kids school today and considering arming teachers. Oh wait. They are not.

Kids do it in the US because they know liberal ******* will scream that it's not their fault it's the guns fault.Owned guns for fifty plus years, not a single one has every jumped and shot anybody. Have 5 children raised around the same guns, again no shootings.

that night in the Florida Everglades, when I took my guns out on a bird-watching excursion, something brushed against the inflatable raft I was in. Scared the absolute **** out of my guns. They all jumped in the air, firing wildly into the night. I could only duck and cover, shaking in fear. When I finally looked up, my guns were gone. They'd committed suicide and jumped overboard. As one hit the bottom of the swamp, it fired off a final shot, piercing the raft and sinking it. Only through the grace of God, Jesus, Mohammad, Betsy Ross and Don King was I able to get back to dry land and walk home.

Sometimes that night still scares me. But, I know those damn crazy guns are lost for good.

They are putting an armed police officer at my kids school today and considering arming teachers. Oh wait. They are not.

You are only safe by the grace of God.

9484072-3x2-700x467.jpg

I am as pro 2nd amendment as you will find, but I believe that there are a few people out there that should not have access to guns legally. I also believe that there are people that should not be allowed to drive, vote, procreate, breath, etc....

First thing that needs to be done is decide once and for all, what age do children become adults. Stop all this **** about being adult enough to smoke, buy lottery tickets, join the military, vote, but not old enough to buy a gun, or drink alcohol.

When that is done, then we can have a discussion on rules pertaining to all the above. My position is that all persons should be required to do a minimum length of service to this country. You can choose to do 3 years in the ACTIVE military or 5 years in community service and RESERVE military service. ALL persons will be required to enter service between 18 and 23 years of age. This will allow for some to attend college prior to their service term. Everyone will receive extensive firearms training as well as become proficient in the use of those firearms, NO ONE will be excused from this training. AFTER completion of your service term you will be eligible to own personal firearms of any type you can demonstrate proficiency with.

I am as pro 2nd amendment as you will find, but I believe that there are a few people out there that should not have access to guns legally. I also believe that there are people that should not be allowed to drive, vote, procreate, breath, etc....

First thing that needs to be done is decide once and for all, what age do children become adults. Stop all this **** about being adult enough to smoke, buy lottery tickets, join the military, vote, but not old enough to buy a gun, or drink alcohol.

When that is done, then we can have a discussion on rules pertaining to all the above. My position is that all persons should be required to do a minimum length of service to this country. You can choose to do 3 years in the ACTIVE military or 5 years in community service and RESERVE military service. ALL persons will be required to enter service between 18 and 23 years of age. This will allow for some to attend college prior to their service term. Everyone will receive extensive firearms training as well as become proficient in the use of those firearms, NO ONE will be excused from this training. AFTER completion of your service term you will be eligible to own personal firearms of any type you can demonstrate proficiency with.

How unfair of you to expect everyone to contribute to society. I am sure that somehow that idea is racist!

Robert Heinlein ... "Become a trooper ... become a citizen."

that night in the Florida Everglades, when I took my guns out on a bird-watching excursion, something brushed against the inflatable raft I was in. Scared the absolute **** out of my guns. They all jumped in the air, firing wildly into the night. I could only duck and cover, shaking in fear. When I finally looked up, my guns were gone. They'd committed suicide and jumped overboard. As one hit the bottom of the swamp, it fired off a final shot, piercing the raft and sinking it. Only through the grace of God, Jesus, Mohammad, Betsy Ross and Don King was I able to get back to dry land and walk home.

Sometimes that night still scares me. But, I know those damn crazy guns are lost for good.

You had to swim in the Everglades? I’m pretty sure I would have died just thinking about all of the snakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Was he carrying a 32 round magazine and spraying bullets indiscriminately. I dont think so. But thanks for making my point. Long guns dont really compare to handguns in terms of accuracy or killing power.
Weve had mass shootings in Canada. Usually like the Ottawa terrorist attack or tge Laloche school shooting , normal hunting rifles with regular magazines. 3 or 4 dead. Not 17-20. Only one was in Quebec way back at a post secondary. Military assault rifle. Many dead.

Define the difference between "military assault rifle" and "normal hunting rifle" please. And what is a "regular magazine"?

You do know that the Virginia Tech shooter killed 33 people and wounded 17 with a Glock handgun, same as this kid had, right?

Was he carrying a 32 round magazine and spraying bullets indiscriminately. I dont think so. But thanks for making my point. Long guns dont really compare to handguns in terms of accuracy or killing power.
Weve had mass shootings in Canada. Usually like the Ottawa terrorist attack or tge Laloche school shooting , normal hunting rifles with regular magazines. 3 or 4 dead. Not 17-20. Only one was in Quebec way back at a post secondary. Military assault rifle. Many dead.

You dipshit. NCSteeler beat me to the punch but let me remind you of Daniel Choi. At VA tech. He used pistols - a Glock 19 and a Walther P22. He used standard sized clips. NO ASSAULT WEAPONS (whatever the **** that even means) were used.

He killed 32 people. He wounded 17 others. It is the single DEADLIEST school shooting in US history.

No gun laws would have prevented it. No background checks. Nothing. And in close quarters walking from room to room, Choi kept swapping out clips efficiently and killing. And killing.

You fools who are worried about assault weapons just don't bother to get facts.

This kid at Great Mills HS in MD, not far from me, used a Glock 9MM. He was 17. "Raise the age to get a gun!!!" they scream. I can only laugh at the absurdity. How many laws have to be passed and shown not to work before the Left learns...criminals don't obey the law.

Murder is illegal. You think if someone's willing to commit murder, they will be stymied by an age restriction on a gun purchase?

Face palm over and over again.

You dipshit. NCSteeler beat me to the punch but let me remind you of Daniel Choi. At VA tech. He used pistols - a Glock 19 and a Walther P22. He used standard sized clips. NO ASSAULT WEAPONS (whatever the **** that even means) were used.

He killed 32 people. He wounded 17 others. It is the single DEADLIEST school shooting in US history.

No gun laws would have prevented it. No background checks. Nothing. And in close quarters walking from room to room, Choi kept swapping out clips efficiently and killing. And killing.

You fools who are worried about assault weapons just don't bother to get facts.

This kid at Great Mills HS in MD, not far from me, used a Glock 9MM. He was 17. "Raise the age to get a gun!!!" they scream. I can only laugh at the absurdity. How many laws have to be passed and shown not to work before the Left learns...criminals don't obey the law.

Murder is illegal. You think if someone's willing to commit murder, they will be stymied by an age restriction on a gun purchase?

Face palm over and over again.

we have to do something! if it saves just one life!

I suggest we plant dandelions outside schools so as to distract would-be shooters. they'll see the dandelions, then have their sinuses and allergies over-ran, forcing them to go home and take a nap.
plant dandelions. save the world.
if it saves just one life, it's worth it.

dandelion-bess_1024x1024.jpg

I'll be in favor of raising the age to own a gun to 21 if we also go back to 21 as the age to vote. A teenager with a vote does more damage than one with a gun.

and take voting rights back from women....the white married ones only vote for who their husbands tell them to anyway....and the libs just listen to oprah or the idiots on CNN

The way you all make up the narrative to suit your agenda is beyond laughable. How about the narrative where the shooter was carrying a handgun instead of a high capacity magazine on a military style assault weapon and then the law enforcement had opportunity to engage and neutralize.

I would put a trained adult with a hand gun up against a depressed teenage boy with an AR-15 and bet that the adult takes the kid out.......