• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Memorial Day, take the time………

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day to all

A-N-D

Honor the fallen

I hope everyone here, along with everyone they know, including children, take a moment to honor those who have fallen.

Our FREEDOM(s) have been paid for by many and thus demand our time and honoring.

Be gracious, be kind, but mostly be honor ing that FREEDOM that so many take for granted.

AMEN

Salute the nation

RIP my fellow fallen soldiers. Freedom came at a huge price for many. I am thankful for their sacrifice.

444137511_3119238244877780_7125024674143282866_n.jpg

I go to the parade and the service in the small town I grew up in. They canceled the parade today because they got spooked by the weather, but had the service in one of the churches in town. The speaker was excellent, a 90 some year old woman sings the National Anthem, she's been doing for 50 some years, and I run into men that I remember as a kid were big, strong guys who are now using canes, there is chicken bbq, and the guys down at the VFW doing the chicken bbq all have a load on. It's wonderful small town America.

I remember reading in the epilogue of "Citizen Soldiers" by Stephen Ambrose something that has always stayed with me. It was a veteran talking and he said something to the effect of...Imagine, it's 1945. All around the world squads of soldiers are moving around. Germans, Soviets, Japanese...all those squads brought death and destruction to wherever they went. The exception was the squad of American soldiers. They brought candy for the kids and cigarettes for the adults.

I am proud to be an American for many reasons, but that truth above may be one of the biggest. We need to talk about that more.

Is there two days of remembrance of Fallen soldiers in US. Canada has Rememberance Day Nov. 11 and I feel there is a US day around then too. Regardless thanks for keeping the World free neighbors. And full respect for those who gave lives for that.

Is there two days of remembrance of Fallen soldiers in US. Canada has Rememberance Day Nov. 11 and I feel there is a US day around then too. Regardless thanks for keeping the World free neighbors. And full respect for those who gave lives for that.
Three veterans holidays, but one specifically for the fallen.
Third Saturday of May- Armed Forces Day- for those currently serving
Last Monday of May- Memorial Day- for those that never made it home
November 11- Veterans Day- for all who have served

Three veterans holidays, but one specifically for the fallen.
Third Saturday of May- Armed Forces Day- for those currently serving
Last Monday of May- Memorial Day- for those that never made it home
November 11- Veterans Day- for all who have served

Thanks GMC

Salute the nation

Reactions: GMC