• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Tomlin has a Distinct Competitive Advantage Over all NFL Head Coaches

Mike Tomlin is a slightly above average coach who can't get us to the next level yet.

There is NOT a single thing about his team that is inovating or new to the NFL. No identity, no main stay, nothing notorious other than blown out playoff losses.

Until he can make us a winning / playoff bound with wins / fully identified TEAM, he will be just above average if he keeps his non-losing season alive.
Since the team has been all his I think we can see that 10-12 wins a year and a first-round playoff loss is his ceiling. It's simply as good a job as he can do.

Since the team has been all his I think we can see that 10-12 wins a year and a first-round playoff loss is his ceiling. It's simply as good a job as he can do.
Yeah, this is where I'm at with him. He's probably a really nice guy and we've seen that players want to play for him, but it seems he needs help with some of the game planning and in-game decision making. When my 15 y.o. daughter gets so pissed at his decision for not calling a time out in a crucial situation and throws the remote at the TV while screaming and damages it, you know something is wrong with decision making.

It’s getting a bit much. I heard that Tomlin is also on the shortlist for the Nobel Peace Prize along with the actor in Ukraine and Chris Rock.

Tomlin “needs playoff wins, not a ride.”

Since the Steelers won a Super Bowl, there are currently 7 head coaches still in the league that have won a championship. 6 are still with the team they won with. 3 were in the past 3 years...

I took a leadership course in the 80s (who didn't?), where we had to study Lee Iaccoca's book. The thing we came away from that book with is that a great leader doesn't have to have all the great skills, but must surround himself with great people to make those areas of his leadership great.

Tomlin should have been in that class with me.

I took a leadership course in the 80s (who didn't?), where we had to study Lee Iaccoca's book. The thing we came away from that book with is that a great leader doesn't have to have all the great skills, but must surround himself with great people to make those areas of his leadership great.

Tomlin should have been in that class with me.
And listen to what they have to say...And try to at least think about it before acting.

In my previous employment there were people more qualified to make a decision (years of experience) than the boss and his "chosen" people because they felt they were "higher up" and didn't have to listen, and therefore made their own decisions with disregard to what was suggested. And those decisions usually wound up being wrong. Most of the time actually.

Funny thing is that they would never talk about or admit being wrong when it happened. Who else is like that? 🤔

Is the thinking once you get rich it is only steak and lobster?😅
Evidently that's what Malik Willis thought, before Tomlin amazed him by simply eating some chicken wings. You know, like a normal dude.

The biggest advantage Tomlin has is an ownership that won't fire him for giving up 40 plus points in 3 straight playoff blowouts. Must be great to make millions a year without success being a requirement.