• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mike Tomlin: “I’m in the Jordan Davis camp regardless.”

Great why don't all teams tell us who they will draft ? You gain nothing by opening your mouth and then running like a fool to the podium 5 seconds into your pick instead of taking all allowed time to see what a different team might offer for said pick.b
Not sure why you’re getting your panties in a wod? I get probably your hate for Tomlin but he never said who he’s going to draft because he honestly has no clue at this point like all other teams. Only thing he said was he will probably be long gone by the time the Steelers are on the clock and he’s right.

Not a chance because if he gets to 1.20 he should be goooooooone. Stranger things have happened but this should happen.

Salute the nation
If you really want him, telegraphing how just how much in case of a trade up doesn't help either

If you really want him, telegraphing how just how much in case of a trade up doesn't help either

I hear yaz FSF and best to stay low profile on your draft intentions but as said, if he is there at 1.20 then our worlds fasted draft pick runner needs to show-case his speed on the pick.

Salute the nation

If Davis is there at 20, Steelers really should take him. Heyward, Davis, maybe Tuitt, Watt, Highsmith, Jack and the other ILB will dominate opposing running games.

I don't think he makes it to 20 so time for Plan B. That plan should be Travis Jones - Connecticut. 6'4", 326 lbs. 34" arms that he uses really well to bat down blocker's hands. Highlights of his Senior Bowl 1-on-1 battles. He is mainly in the 1 tech, a couple times the 2. Uses bull rush and swim move and absolutely dominates time after time. Yes, NFL centers are going to be better, but the way he is tossing around Senior Bowl centers means he has the strength and technique to be a huge problem for opposing teams.

So, defenses, you face Heyward, Davis or Jones, Tuitt, Watt and Highsmith. Who you double-teaming? Oh, I guess that triple team on Watt is no longer an option.

I like Travis Jones too, Steeltime. Maybe, possibly we can trade back a few spots, pick up an extra draft pick and take Jones...I wouldn't mind that at all.