• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mitch Trubisky Would Make Sense for the Steelers

Bottom line, the FA market and draft class for QB this year is not that good. We are talking about replacing a JaG with a JaG in free agency. Why I'm 100% against doing it. I'm also 100% against blowing cap space for an older proven franchise FA. Why I'm 100% against taking a QB in the 1st round. This team needs to take advantage of the situation and put other key pieces in place. I'm am sure we can meet Tomlin's bench mark of success of 8-8 with Mason. Reevaluate the QB market 2023.
So why settle for 8 and 8 when you can achieve more than that?

I am for winning as much as they can every single year. I am not interested in hoping my team tanks so that they have a shot at a QB that may or may not be the answer at QB. My approach doesn't prevent a trade up in the event they target someone. In that event they can trade players and or picks. Plus the fact that free agency can do just what the draft seeks out to do bring you a championship.

Feeding off one approach is a close minded outcome that could very well end the same way it began.

Not good enough.

**** there is an opportunity this year to middle tier free agents and be competitive. The money is there. No position should be void of this approach.

I am for winning as much as they can every single year. I am not interested in hoping my team tanks so that they have a shot at a QB that may or may not be the answer at QB. My approach doesn't prevent a trade up in the event they target someone. In that event they can trade players and or picks. Plus the fact that free agency can do just what the draft seeks out to do bring you a championship.

Feeding off one approach is a close minded outcome that could very well end the same way it began.

Not good enough.

**** there is an opportunity this year to middle tier free agents and be competitive. The money is there. No position should be void of this approach.
I am also but you have to admit hiring Canada as OC was not a step in building a championship team. Ignoring other major needs to bring in some guy to play QB when you have a guy to play QB is just stupid. This team is more than a QB from a championship and cap and draft should be used on that.

I am also but you have to admit hiring Canada as OC was not a step in building a championship team. Ignoring other major needs to bring in some guy to play QB when you have a guy to play QB is just stupid. This team is more than a QB from a championship and cap and draft should be used on that.
They don't have to ignore any needs. They can mid tier free agency to death.

I can't do anything about Canada a dumb move.

I am hoping that the new GM is hired outside because what holds this team back is overall decision making.

No approach mentioned solves that problem.

Not good enough.

Seriously. This team just made the playoffs with one of the worst offenses over the past 50 years of the franchise. Even moderate improvements and they’ll be in better shape.

They don't have to ignore any needs. They can mid tier free agency to death.

I can't do anything about Canada a dumb move.

I am hoping that the new GM is hired outside because what holds this team back is overall decision making.

No approach mentioned solves that problem.

I too hope for outside GM hire. We need new thought proccess as current in-house is lacking.

Salute the nation

Aaron Rodgers talk was ramping up again on The Fan today. Besides his salary and general bad attitude, I can't see giving up maybe two first-round picks for a guy who is only going to play another two or three years at most. If anything I'd trade down and trade a first round pick for more later picks and load up on linemen on both sides.
Not saying Rudolph is a great QB but there is no one who is available and affordable that is really much better.

Aaron Rodgers talk was ramping up again on The Fan today. Besides his salary and general bad attitude, I can't see giving up maybe two first-round picks for a guy who is only going to play another two or three years at most. If anything I'd trade down and trade a first round pick for more later picks and load up on linemen on both sides.
Not saying Rudolph is a great QB but there is no one who is available and affordable that is really much better.
Mitch and CrabLegPegLeg?

Mitch and CrabLegPegLeg?
I don't see anyone being significantly better because 1) the OL sucked last year and will suck this coming year and 2) the OC sucked last year and will suck this coming year.

I don't see anyone being significantly better because 1) the OL sucked last year and will suck this coming year and 2) the OC sucked last year and will suck this coming year.
I am holding out hope they will attack the Oline in free agency.

Canada sigh that is a totally different matter.

He likes to stay in the booth maybe someone can patriot block his communication ability. It isn't cheating when we do it to our own right?