• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mitchell Trubisky Signing Right One for Steelers

just read that Trubisky's contract could go up to 27M with incentives. I guess SB appearence, MVP, a set of TDs and yards, etc.

If he earns it he definitely deserves it. Really like these kind of contracts. The only think is they gotta leave some cap space in case it happens I guess
Well if I'm the Deuce I'd feel pretty secure about the first two incentives not being cashed.

7 million a year is overpaying imo considering his track record and the fact he's a stop gap. That 7 million would buy a nice OG...

7 million a year is overpaying imo considering his track record and the fact he's a stop gap. That 7 million would buy a nice OG...

$7 million would put Trubisky at number 30 for cap hit among NFL quarterbacks in 2022.

The NFL has 32 starting QB's. Paying a starting QB the 30th highest salary among 32 starters is by definition NOT "overpaying."

I understand but SB and MVP. I'm just saying if that is an incentive the money is safe. I'd be happy with Playoffs and solid 17 game starter.
We have had a solid starter just squeaking into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round... That was with a real franchise QB... I'm not optimistic with Mitch. I want division championships, home field advantage and real runs to a Superbowl... I want a competitive team, Mitch is not getting us there. He will be one stone in that bridge until we find a real QB.

We have had a solid starter just squeaking into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round... That was with a real franchise QB... I'm not optimistic with Mitch. I want division championships, home field advantage and real runs to a Superbowl... I want a competitive team, Mitch is not getting us there. He will be one stone in that bridge until we find a real QB.
No I don't believe he is a franchise guy. Looking at what Denver paid you are not getting a sniff of a franchise qb. This is a good move for what they can do. They will be competitive.

No I don't believe he is a franchise guy. Looking at what Denver paid you are not getting a sniff of a franchise qb. This is a good move for what they can do. They will be competitive.
That is great... I hope they are.
As long as we got a guy that can keep Tomlin winning seasons intact by going 8-8 everyone will be happy. I get we are going to struggle I just hope we find our guy.

That is great... I hope they are.
As long as we got a guy that can keep Tomlin winning seasons intact by going 8-8 everyone will be happy. I get we are going to struggle I just hope we find our guy.
I don't disagree. Don't believe their guy is available this year. I don't think they were prepared to tank. So best they can do.

Trubisky was my 1a) QB signing along with Winston at 1b). Seems like a reasonable contract with incentives everybody can get behind. Hope he excels like I believe he can.

We have had a solid starter just squeaking into the playoffs only to get bounced in the first round... That was with a real franchise QB... I'm not optimistic with Mitch.
Mitch has a higher career rating than what that real franchise QB had last season. He's infinitely more mobile, and a much better fit in Canada's offense than an aged Ben was.

I like it because it creates competition at QB, and takes away the pressure of having to draft one this year. If they like the BPA QB at the given time, they will still draft one, but if not, we´ll be OK at QB.

Like everyone else says, we need to fix the line first. We have a great RB. We don´t need a superstar QB, and OK one will do. And Trubisky still has much to prove. Seems like a good character kinda guy, teamplayer, fun to have around.

I like it because it creates competition at QB, and takes away the pressure of having to draft one this year. If they like the BPA QB at the given time, they will still draft one, but if not, we´ll be OK at QB.

Like everyone else says, we need to fix the line first. We have a great RB. We don´t need a superstar QB, and OK one will do. And Trubisky still has much to prove. Seems like a good character kinda guy, teamplayer, fun to have around.
That is what I was saying don't hate the pick, seems like the normal run of the mill FA pick up that does not break the bank. I also hope you are correct and we don't waste a pick on this average at best QB class.

we are just playing the guess game here
My guess would be:

snaps/starts
Yards/TDs
Personal accolade/playoff game (we all know where the playoffs end)
Be better than Tomczak