• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock it - nfldraftcountdown

I also think they need a NT, but they have really devalued that position since Tomlin took over
That probably puts Mazi Smith in play in the 3rd round, unless they see Ika as able to play in the 2-4 set. On the other hand, given our division and how good the running game is and how we could beat the Ravens and browns only with a monster front might make Tomlin and company change philosophy and go for a DT in the 2nd round (ika, dexter?)

That's why my question was, what DT is worth getting drafted at 1.32? There's none as Carter isn't falling that much. The only way to get out of the 1st round with a DT is that Carter falls to 1.17 which I don't see happening.

Then if there's no stud blue chip player that fell to 1.32 (WR, S, LT, CB depending on what they got at 1.17) they might trade down, anyone knows the value chart to see what could that 1.32 bring?

Remembering that these charts are mere guideposts/general comparisons, the chart shows that the #32 pick has a value of 590. (There are a dozen versions of the chart, most of which now use decimal numbers rather than whole numbers for some reason - makes zero sense since the ratios and comparative values are always the same.)

vF0dmZtsGcmNUdRThUjTWdZzGwRvuxcStDyaWShfYXU.png

That is equivalent to the #38 and #112 picks, or #36 and #110. Seattle has picks 38 and 122. Indianapolis has picks 36 and 122. Steelers would probably have to throw in another pick to interest Indianapolis, a 5th round pick that they don't have or a 4th round pick for the 2024 draft (no, please - stop trading away picks).

Okay, not NFL draft countdown mocking the mock but same topic. From our favorite site, PFF:

17. Kelee Ringo CB Georgia
49. Blake Freeland T BYU
55. Rashee Rice WR SMU
64. Cooper Beebe G Kansas State
80. Jack Campbell LB Iowa
120. Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin
136. Jaeylyn Duncan OT Maryland
193. Ali Gaye Edge LSU

The offensive line is now a freaking wrecking crew. Freeland solid LT prospect, athletic, good balance, does not reach and lose contact with defenders. Beebe was a good tackle at Kansas State so can obviously move well and will excel as a G in the NFL. Duncan moves like a TE, can work as a very good LT, certainly big enough and mobile enough to handle RT.

Meanwhile, Ringo is a #1 CB. Ringo, Pierre, Wallace and (I hope) Sutton? Yes, please. Rice is a very good WR. Not perfect, but his hands are really, really good. Campbell is a solid ILB, big, tackling machine, decent in zone. Benton is a 3-tech really, but best value here. Gaye has the tools but cannot seem to produce for a guy 6'6", 265 lbs. Watched a bit of game film and he tends to take the super-wide arc that takes him past the QB. Jeez, not another "Dong Report."

17. Paris Johnson- Athletic LT Ohio State
32. BJ Ojulari EDGE/LSU
48. Siaki Ika DL/Baylor
80. Nathaniel Dell WR Houston
118 Mazi Smith. DL Michigan
193 Jayden Reed WR Michigan State
234. Stetson Bennett QB/Georgia

I resigned Sutton and Kaz and Edmunds in free agency and brought in an ILBer to compete with resigned Spillane.
I’m not sure if the fan base is ready is give up on KP just yet
But he’d look good as Stetson’s backup!

I’m not sure if the fan base is ready is give up on KP just yet
But he’d look good as Stetson’s backup!
I was thinking more a long the idea of replacing Rudy the red nosed third stringer.

Okay, not NFL draft countdown mocking the mock but same topic. From our favorite site, PFF:

17. Kelee Ringo CB Georgia
49. Blake Freeland T BYU
55. Rashee Rice WR SMU
64. Cooper Beebe G Kansas State
80. Jack Campbell LB Iowa
120. Keeanu Benton DT Wisconsin
136. Jaeylyn Duncan OT Maryland
193. Ali Gaye Edge LSU

The offensive line is now a freaking wrecking crew. Freeland solid LT prospect, athletic, good balance, does not reach and lose contact with defenders. Beebe was a good tackle at Kansas State so can obviously move well and will excel as a G in the NFL. Duncan moves like a TE, can work as a very good LT, certainly big enough and mobile enough to handle RT.

Meanwhile, Ringo is a #1 CB. Ringo, Pierre, Wallace and (I hope) Sutton? Yes, please. Rice is a very good WR. Not perfect, but his hands are really, really good. Campbell is a solid ILB, big, tackling machine, decent in zone. Benton is a 3-tech really, but best value here. Gaye has the tools but cannot seem to produce for a guy 6'6", 265 lbs. Watched a bit of game film and he tends to take the super-wide arc that takes him past the QB. Jeez, not another "Dong Report."
As a huge UGA fan and having seen every game Ringo has played I would be VERY concerned drafting him at 17

He just seems like mid round talent from what I’ve seen, gets burned way too much

And I’m usually about as homerish on Bulldogs as they come but I just don’t see first round talent for him, especially in our scheme

Loving the emphasis on building up the trenches in your mock though

As a huge UGA fan and having seen every game Ringo has played I would be VERY concerned drafting him at 17

He just seems like mid round talent from what I’ve seen, gets burned way too much

And I’m usually about as homerish on Bulldogs as they come but I just don’t see first round talent for him, especially in our scheme

Loving the emphasis on building up the trenches in your mock though
Yeah saw a few games where Ringo struggled.

Yeah saw a few games where Ringo struggled.

His issues were jumping routes on occasion and getting burnt. 'Bama took advantage of him in SEC Championship in 2021. He also can get grabby on occasion.

But he is a natural cover corner. He mirrors, turns and runs with receivers really well. His gambling tendency can be corrected. He does a good job tracking the ball and getting his hands on passes. He is a willing run supporter. He is also 6'2", 210 lbs.

His issues were jumping routes on occasion and getting burnt. 'Bama took advantage of him in SEC Championship in 2021. He also can get grabby on occasion.

But he is a natural cover corner. He mirrors, turns and runs with receivers really well. His gambling tendency can be corrected. He does a good job tracking the ball and getting his hands on passes. He is a willing run supporter. He is also 6'2", 210 lbs.
His eyes get caught in the backfield and he is a gambler for sure

He has natural abilities to do a lot, no doubt

My doubt lays in Tomlin being the guy that coach the getting burnt, gambler, eyes in the wrong spot tendencies out of him…the track record ain’t great.

In the right system, with the right coaching maybe SF, SEA he may very well shine.

Just a huge 1st gamble for us imo

If there were an edge, a NT, a DE or an elite OL I’m looking at all those players before Ringo at 17

What’s the deal with Jack Campbell? I keep seeing him pop up on a lot of drafts

Not enamored with the depth vs value at ILBer for this year's crop. Could be a reason you see his name perhaps more than if the position was stocked.

He is a very experienced and productive LB from Iowa. Big (6'5", 243 lbs.), pretty mobile, decent in zone coverage, and a solid tackler. He makes more sense as a Buck so he is not caught trying to cover TE's and RB's but if he is there for pick 80? Damn right.