• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Mock Mock Mock!

17. Brian Branch, S, Alabama - he can do it all.
32. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma - fixture at LT for the next decade
49. Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia - paired with Muth
80. Julius Brents, CB, Kansas - best corner left on the board.
120. Bobby Boucher, LB, SCLSU - this guy is a beast on film.
234. Karl Brooks, DL, Bowling Green - Help in the middle.
241. Robert Beal, Edge, Georgia - depth.
🤔👀🦥🥓🏈🆗

If the right guy is not there this year

skip OT and try for Patrick Paul in next years draft

I think you all know who he plays for
Texas A&M?

17 Joey Porter JR Penn ST no way I pass a 6"2 CB that can run in the 4.4 range and plays the run and pass as well a future pro bowler
32 Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson no way with that speed I pass could fix the Shazier void LB that can cover and play all over like a rover, LB/S Viper role
49 DT Mazi Smith Michigan a true NT that could be a 3 down DL is agile enough to play both NG and 5T
80 WR Rashee RiceSMU big fast could be groomed to replace DJ next year
120 I woould try trading to get a 5th n 6th here but if not edge Habakkuk Baldonado's productive tweener
234 QB Stenson Bennett will push mitch for roster spot and no need to worry about replacing mitch
241 DE Beal again Depth, who knows if OLa makes the team

If the right guy is not there this year

skip OT and try for Patrick Paul in next years draft

I think you all know who he plays for

If that Penn State kid had declared this year, he would have been a top five pick for sure… he likely holds a top ten spot barring any setbacks next year… if he is tge consensus top tackle, that would push all the other T coming out next year down a bit…

I think there are currently 4 OTs expected to be 2024 1st round picks, but its not as deep as this years draft… maybe we take a mid round guy this year to eventually play RT and get that LT next year?

I guess it just depends on how this draft plays out, and, of course, how your Coug prospects play this year lol

17 Joey Porter JR Penn ST no way I pass a 6"2 CB that can run in the 4.4 range and plays the run and pass as well a future pro bowler
32 Trenton Simpson, LB, Clemson no way with that speed I pass could fix the Shazier void LB that can cover and play all over like a rover, LB/S Viper role
49 DT Mazi Smith Michigan a true NT that could be a 3 down DL is agile enough to play both NG and 5T
80 WR Rashee RiceSMU big fast could be groomed to replace DJ next year
120 I woould try trading to get a 5th n 6th here but if not edge Habakkuk Baldonado's productive tweener
234 QB Stenson Bennett will push mitch for roster spot and no need to worry about replacing mitch
241 DE Beal again Depth, who knows if OLa makes the team

Meh, I am lukewarm on Porter jr, just because his coverage style is very dependent on him clutching and grabbing wrs a lot… in the 90’s he’d be the prototypical Steelers CB… but in this NFL, he might be a pass interference/defensive holding machine … so he isn’t the slam dunk some think he is… its just a matter of can they straighten him out without losing his physicality or having his coverage skills falter…

Thats why his stock has been Dropping in the mocks…

17. Darnell Wright OT Tennessee He is going to be a very, VERY good RT
33. Darnell Washington TE Georgia Holee-sheeit, put Washington next to Wright on the right side and watch defenders get planted
49. Drew Sanders LB Arkansas Not a big guy but can rush the passer, elite speed, sold coverage middle of the field
80. Jakorian Bennett CB Maryland Maryland's "other" CB. Decent size, superb man technique, can play slot CB or outside
120. Dontayvion Wicks WR Virginia Showed excellent footwork, hands in Senior Bowl. Solid Y receiver behind Pickens
234. Keondre Coburn DT Texas True NT, 0-tech guy who is an accomplished run stuffer, demands double-team
241. Lonnie Phelps Edge Kansas He's small for a 3-4 OLB but quick, good bend. Jeez, it's the 241st pick, people