• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Muth signed to extension

Glad they got it done.

Congrats to Muuth for getting the big deal!

How much cap space does that leave?
I would think it is backloaded lowering his hit . When they announce the specifics can see a more accurate cap figure.

Rather it get done now than after the season.

Set financially for life. More incentive to not block !
I heard his blocking was decent in camp from the reports. Perhaps under Smith that area will improve…

Good player. Maybe hampered by poor play from the Q. But also injury with a big concussion question. Not sure 12 million per is in line with the production or even potential production. Like to me it's a healthy 15-17 game season and 800 plus yards and 6 TD to justify that.

Are there details on how much was g'teed, etc?

Rather have room for this extension, some extra breathing room/extra to roll over into next year if not used than to have paid Aiyuk 30mill/per

Seems to be a fair deal for both sides

Well done Omar

SB BOUND!!!!!!!!

I’m ok with the extension. I think he will be an important part of this offense under Arthur Smith’s game plan.
Essentially he will be used as the number 2 receiver so if he can stay healthy he could be in line for a pretty big season.
Should see a lot of Pickens and Muth.in the passing game.

Weidl already said WR and DL will be focus points next year. I don't doubt him either. Obviously CB is another key area as well.
Weidl knows that it is a passing league, but games are still won/lost in the trenches. I have no doubts that more investments will be put in the DL after what has been going on with the OL last 2 years.

It’s refreshing to watch a FO that appears to get it.