• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Muth signed to extension

Good player. Maybe hampered by poor play from the Q. But also injury with a big concussion question. Not sure 12 million per is in line with the production or even potential production. Like to me it's a healthy 15-17 game season and 800 plus yards and 6 TD to justify that.

He needs to finish season in the top 10 TEs in the league. That sghould be doable.

Ben ROETHLISBERGER had him in the Top 5 for a portion of the season.

Salute the nation

$48 million over 4 years. Last year he put up 32 rec, 306 yrds, 2 TDs. And for that he's avg. $12 mill a year? OK there. Muuuuuuuuuththththththth!

$48 million over 4 years. Last year he put up 32 rec, 306 yrds, 2 TDs. And for that he's avg. $12 mill a year? OK there. Muuuuuuuuuththththththth!
Is there 1 thing the Steelers do that you like?

Just get Harris signed today or by 12:59 tomorrow and all is good.
What type of deal would you like to see? I've been big on allowing Harris to walk, but at the right price having the Harris-Warren duo makes sense, but there is no way it would be less than keeping him at the option-year price. I would guess a new deal would cost at least $8-9 million even as a part split backfield.

What type of deal would you like to see? I've been big on allowing Harris to walk, but at the right price having the Harris-Warren duo makes sense, but there is no way it would be less than keeping him at the option-year price. I would guess a new deal would cost at least $8-9 million even as a part split backfield.
I never heard anything about even a possibility of an extension. They have some space I think I prefer that they do something. But I don’t sign the checks. Warren I believe is a UFA next year as well.

I never heard anything about even a possibility of an extension. They have some space I think I prefer that they do something. But I don’t sign the checks. Warren I believe is a UFA next year as well.
They decided he wasn't worth $6.7 million for one more year and they aren't working on a deal the day before the game, I was more curious. You have to figure they either want to bring in a true playmaker at RB (doubt it) or sign a guy/draft a RB for a much lower cost. I believe I saw this is a good RB class coming up.

Good question. I would think you are right around the right price tag. 8-9 Mill. I think Mixon is making 9.5M-10M.

I am hoping they resign him. do not want to go into next year without a starting RB and QB.

Good question. I would think you are right around the right price tag. 8-9 Mill. I think Mixon is making 9.5M-10M.

I am hoping they resign him. do not want to go into next year without a starting RB and QB.
The problem with that price is they didn't think he was worth less by exercising the option year.

if Harris is a target to resign, would it be sayonara for Warren or do the Steelers retain both to keep focused on bigger areas of need like DL. WR, and CB?

I'd lean towards 448's line of thinking that more than the fifth-year option would be a tough pill for them to swallow and doubt Naj wants to ink something like a 4-year 25-30 million deal with some incentives to push it into that Mixon range.

kinda feel he is allowed to test the market and if someone wants to pay him 10 or more per it's hasta la vista Naj and here's a deal for you Warren beyond a RFA offer

if possible, I'd think they should try to get an extension for Warren worked out now and then that pushes a little pressure on Naj come negotiating time giving the Steelers a bit of leverage having a starting capable back already signed long term (beyond the RFA possibility in 2025). I certainly don't want them both to exit next year leaving a gigantic hole in the backfield which would become a need/priority to fill

Last edited:
if Harris is a target to resign, would it be sayonara for Warren or do the Steelers retain both to keep focused on bigger areas of need like DL. WR, and CB?

I'd lean towards 448's line of thinking that more than the fifth-year option would be a tough pill for them to swallow and doubt Naj wants to ink something like a 4-year 25-30 million deal with some incentives to push it into that Mixon range.

kinda feel he is allowed to test the market and if someone wants to pay him 10 or more per it's hasta la vista Naj and here's a deal for you Warren beyond a RFA offer

if possible, I'd think they should try to get an extension for Warren worked out now and then that pushes a little pressure on Naj come negotiating time giving the Steelers a bit of leverage having a starting capable back already signed long term (beyond the RFA possibility in 2025). I certainly don't want them both to exit next year leaving a gigantic hole in the backfield which would become a need/priority to fill
I think Warren is restricted. I hope to sign Harris to a fair deal. and then retain Warren next year

The problem with that price is they didn't think he was worth less by exercising the option year.
Yeah, I was somewhat shocked when they declined the 5th year. was hoping they had a plan in place to sign him to a Longterm deal. sure is not looking that way

I think Warren is restricted. I hope to sign Harris to a fair deal. and then retain Warren next year
he is RFA, I'm assuming they do that. I was just looking at/spit balling ways they could apply pressure in negotiations with Naj by locking him to a long-term deal and possibly get him a bit cheaper by addressing him sooner rather than later. If they go the RFA route with Warren and have already paid Naj he's probably good as gone after that RFA year imho

sure would be nice to keep him, you're probably right tho with how they will approach it (RFA him then work an extension if possible-standard operating procedure)

Naj will leave. He has a bad taste in his mouth with Tomlin. Rudolph had it too.

Slash always scoops Lloyd on actual news. In fact, pretty much everyone does. Mods can you merge the Dumb ***’s thread to the original?
🍨📰🗞️🚨😜

Naj will leave. He has a bad taste in his mouth with Tomlin. Rudolph had it too.
Did he? Wasn't Rudolph ready to re-sign with the Steelers until they signed Wilson to challenge for the starting position?

Weidl knows that it is a passing league, but games are still won/lost in the trenches. I have no doubts that more investments will be put in the DL after what has been going on with the OL last 2 years.

It’s refreshing to watch a FO that appears to get it.
We will see if it all turns into SB victories.....

He's worth the money from an ability standpoint, as not many TEs can run routes like he can, but it may ultimately prove to be a waste of money if the team is unable to get consistent QB play.

Travis Kelce thinks highly of him.