• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My top 10 players in the 2023 draft so far

Yep. The title should have been a pretty significant clue but since I don’t see someone not understanding this I’m sure it’s someone who doesn’t understand a lot of simple things. This list might change a little and some new players might take a spot but I decided this year to not read anything about anyone. Have 0 influences. My board typically looks pretty different from the others you see online but this year it’s probably going to be way different. After the draft I’ll go back and compare and then maybe in 3-4 years to see how things ended up shaking out.
can you add head sizes? for those of us that dont watch the games, it is important to know

Yep. The title should have been a pretty significant clue but since I don’t see someone not understanding this I’m sure it’s someone who doesn’t understand a lot of simple things. This list might change a little and some new players might take a spot but I decided this year to not read anything about anyone. Have 0 influences. My board typically looks pretty different from the others you see online but this year it’s probably going to be way different. After the draft I’ll go back and compare and then maybe in 3-4 years to see how things ended up shaking out.
K snowflake. I understand you just fine. That you are now and forever will be a colossal twatwaffle that thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Just another cooch.

Be a man and say what you want to say instead of beating around the bush.

Oh that's right you supposedly have a half dozen people on ignore.

😅🙄

Meh Porter is this year’s pickett for me… I feel like he is going to be a solid pro and if he is there I fully expect them to take him, but I don’t know if he has that playmaking instincts that a real #1 corner needs to separate himself from a typical starter at QB… he isn’t bad at it. But i don’t think qbs will shy away from challenging him, especially when he is playing off man in long distance downs…
He is supposed to be really good in zone and he is physical.. and going back to chad scott those are the traits we love in a cb…

Meh Porter is this year’s pickett for me… I feel like he is going to be a solid pro and if he is there I fully expect them to take him, but I don’t know if he has that playmaking instincts that a real #1 corner needs to separate himself from a typical starter at QB… he isn’t bad at it. But i don’t think qbs will shy away from challenging him, especially when he is playing off man in long distance downs…
He is supposed to be really good in zone and he is physical.. and going back to chad scott those are the traits we love in a cb…
True we shall see if their approach waivers now. Really excited to see this year's crop.

Put away the swords for a day fellas ....
It is not a mock or even a like list for the Steelers the way it is written .....

Ford is just stating who he thinks are the top 10 players in this year's draft and what they bring to the table ........... the way I see it

It's not a Coolie's Cougs pimp review

Or Sask's attempt to make us fall for some Canadian WR who played for Notre Dame ........

There was some other a..hole on this board pimping Clayfool as well......... but my memory fails me as to who it was ......... at least that WR brought us a faux first round this year
wait?

Coolie pimping his Coogs isn't everyone's favorite part of the offseaon?

oh well

I don't care

wait?

Coolie pimping his Coogs isn't everyone's favorite part of the off-season?

oh well

I don't care
If you had to guess which Coog would go first who would it be?

And drumroll which round?

hopefully the Steelers

my thoughts may change on draft position after the Senior Bowl and combine

maybe Tune just blows everyone away and climbs up the draft board
I think somewhere between 1 and 4 a WR gets drafted by the Steelers. Just never know....

can you add head sizes? for those of us that dont watch the games, it is important to know
I think I have to wait until the combine or pro day for head measurements. I believe this year they are allowing both heads to be measured for a combined size.

I think Ike Taylor would be a good comparison. Physical outside corner who will hold up well against bigger receivers or even tight ends. He’s also very good vs the run.

Taylor was a conversation project with blazing speed and little positional experience. Porter has one career INT and plenty of experience and nowhere the same speed. Not a good comparison. Not even a little bit.

I think Ike Taylor would be a good comparison. Physical outside corner who will hold up well against bigger receivers or even tight ends. He’s also very good vs the run.
Yep Ike fit the mold… but qbs never shied away from throwing at him especially early in his career because he just swatted the ball down and rarely picked it off…

Yep Ike fit the mold… but qbs never shied away from throwing at him especially early in his career because he just swatted the ball down and rarely picked it off…
That is because he was learning how to play the position. In the meantime Ike could lean on his blazing speed.

Yeah, but in his day Ike held his own vs some pretty tough receivers. JP2 could also develop into a better interception guy. He doesn’t get too many balls thrown his way currently because he’s always in the reveivers back pocket. Look at Sauce Gardner. Not many picks in college but a decent first year total.

At 17, they should take whoever is there of these 3 in order: Paris Johnson, Jordan Addison or Porter Jr. If none, trade down and get bpa…

At 17, they should take whoever is there of these 3 in order: Paris Johnson, Jordan Addison or Porter Jr. If none, trade down and get bpa…
I think there possibly will be better corner options. On board with Johnson if he somehow survives until 17. I think that is less than a 50 percent chance. But really like him. I would be happy with a T/CB/WR or OLBer @17.

I think there possibly will be better corner options. On board with Johnson if he somehow survives until 17. I think that is less than a 50 percent chance. But really like him. I would be happy with a T/CB/WR or OLBer @17.
Again, Paris Johnson is a beast physically, but his handwork sucks according to the bulk of scouting reports that I see… and our blocking scheme is extremely reliant on handwork. I think we will probably target either the two less physical beasts that are more technicians or that kid out of Georgia who is mostly a run blocking monster…

If Johnson works out, he will be great, but he might be too “boom or bust” for us

I look forward to seeing your full CB rankings. I'm not sure I've seen a consensus No. 1 yet.

I think the tier 1 CB's are Kelee Ringo, Joey Porter Jr., and Christian Gonzalez for their size, speed, experience and productivity against excellent competition. The knock on Ringo is a lack of experience and his tendency to get too physical, though in today's NFL it seems CB's can maul receivers. Except Steelers CB's so there's that.

The next tier - and it's close between these tiers - consists of Devon Witherspoon, Cam Smith, and Emmanuel Forbes. The three are experienced, skilled, with really good ball awareness and excellent quickness/speed. The reason they don't rate as high as tier 1 is the lack of size. All three weigh in the 180's. It is what it is.

Any of those six would be a candidate to play a lot in 2023. The next tier is going to have players who are more projects, like James Pierre. They could turn out - like Pierre - to be quite good but that process will take a couple years.

Branch, by the way, is awesome. Absolutely superb in reading the QB in zone and breaking on the ball. He played slot defender a ton to take advantage of his blitzing abilities and was excellent. I just don't know if he is a CB or a S. He rarely played on the outside so listing him as a CB is not clear. Really I think he excels at free safety and the Steelers reportedly have a guy there already who is from Alabama and apparently pretty good.

I think the tier 1 CB's are Kelee Ringo, Joey Porter Jr., and Christian Gonzalez for their size, speed, experience and productivity against excellent competition. The knock on Ringo is a lack of experience and his tendency to get too physical, though in today's NFL it seems CB's can maul receivers. Except Steelers CB's so there's that.

The next tier - and it's close between these tiers - consists of Devon Witherspoon, Cam Smith, and Emmanuel Forbes. The three are experienced, skilled, with really good ball awareness and excellent quickness/speed. The reason they don't rate as high as tier 1 is the lack of size. All three weigh in the 180's. It is what it is.

Any of those six would be a candidate to play a lot in 2023. The next tier is going to have players who are more projects, like James Pierre. They could turn out - like Pierre - to be quite good but that process will take a couple years.

Branch, by the way, is awesome. Absolutely superb in reading the QB in zone and breaking on the ball. He played slot defender a ton to take advantage of his blitzing abilities and was excellent. I just don't know if he is a CB or a S. He rarely played on the outside so listing him as a CB is not clear. Really I think he excels at free safety and the Steelers reportedly have a guy there already who is from Alabama and apparently pretty good.
Id love Branch too.. as a safety… the Steelers more or less use three safeties a lot… having two great free safeties and a strong safety that’s basically an undersized ilb isn’t a terrible idea for what they are trying to do

Lol I typed Qb instead of CB… I deserve ridicule for that lol

Id love Branch too.. as a safety… the Steelers more or less use three safeties a lot… having two great free safeties and a strong safety that’s basically an undersized ilb isn’t a terrible idea for what they are trying to do
Agreed with the safety deal. Would love to resign Edmunds and Katee.

Again, Paris Johnson is a beast physically, but his handwork sucks according to the bulk of scouting reports that I see… and our blocking scheme is extremely reliant on handwork. I think we will probably target either the two less physical beasts that are more technicians or that kid out of Georgia who is mostly a run blocking monster…

If Johnson works out, he will be great, but he might be too “boom or bust” for us
Yeah so sucky that he didn't allow a sack. So sucky he is projected to go higher than 17. He is a tenacious player, I don't think he has any major flaws that are uncoachable. He will keep those speed rushes off Kenny that Moore has issues with. I don't see Johnson as a boom or bust player at all. I think he has a high floor. We will agree to disagree on this player who I strongly feel would upgrade the LT position after he develops.