• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

My Winnerss of year.

I
Doesn't the FO get credit for depth and in-season additions too?
Wasn't Tomlin the guy who insisted on Mitch even though he was terrible through his 3.5 games, literally until the home crowd started chanting for Rudy?
Wasn't Tomlin the guy responsible for 1) bringing Canada back this year and 2) sticking with him way too long, literally until the home crowd started chanting Fire Canada?

Maybe the Steeler fans deserve some of the credit you attribute to Tomlin......it was like he was the last guy on the planet to see the 2 weakest parts of his team this season.....maybe the Steelers could have won 2/3 more games with better insight and decison-making from the Head Coach.....
believe Stryker brings up some good points, and so do you. I really believe the truth is somewhere in between the two points. I'm still contemplating it all but I'm not ready to hand the man an award for solving problems he and his coaching staff created, well, at least most of it. They're a group of arsonists who are employed as Fire Fighters.

MVP - Christian McCaffrey
Over 2,000 yards of offense and 21 TDs. The 49ers have a lot of talent, but CMC transformed that team from good to elite.

DPOY - TJ Watt
What is a rare player who could be in consideration for MVP. When he's out of the lineup the Steelers aren't the game. Dominant in so many ways and he has the numbers to back it up.

OPOY - Lamar Jackson
I think CMC was more consistently dominant than Jackson. Since Baltimore was the No. 1 seed, it was hard to justify any other player here. I could see these two flip-flopped in the actual awards.

OROY - CJ Stroud
I really wanted to go Puka Nakua here but couldn't. Stroud was excellent this season, like already top-10 QB excellent. He has the look of the next great QB after one season. Finished 6th in QB rating behind elite QBs such as Tua Tagovailoa, Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Dak Prescott, Brock Purdy, and the best in the league, Mason Rudolph.

DROY - Kobie Turner
He had 9 sacks from the interior and I believe more TFL than Jalen Carter.

COY - Kevin Stefanski
Four starting QBs this year including an old guy who came off his couch to help lead the Browns to the playoffs. I mean, to get this franchise to the playoffs is insane.

Comeback POY - Joe Flacco
His numbers were insane signing when he did.

I believe Tomlin should have COY considerations, as my assessment for coach of the year is not the difference between last year and this year, it's what they've done this year to overcome adversity and continue to win.

Lost Cam Week 1 for half a year
Offense couldn't score, so defense and clock management got us to 6 wins in the first half.
Fired Canada after having our worst clock managment that I've ever seen on the Steelers since Tomlin joined. (vs CLE: under 2 min and used 14sec of clock..)
Losing to 2 bad teams back to back and switching to a new QB after 3 straight losses.
Continued to stick with that backup QB even when our franchise QB is fully healthy. That decision got us into the playoffs.
Reset the offense to be more of a power running offense and Najee and Warren balled out the last 3 weeks with Naj well over 100yds in each of those games.
Coached up practice squad players: E.Rowe, M.Jack, Mykal to not only contribute, but to make splash plays in positions that were decimated by injury ILB and S.

I'm actually confident this year entering the playoffs. With the potential of this defense to create turnovers, and an offense that can put up 30 in good weather, we are going to be very difficult to beat playing physical football. Steelers are finally playing their best football at the right time. The matchup isn't ideal because the Bills are also peaking at the end of the season, but I think our team can do more than Miami did with those turnovers. Here we go!
Items 2 through 4 and 6 on your list Tomlin was correcting bad decisions of his own making to begin with. And I'm not sure sticking with the best performing quarterback is a Coach of the Year type move. Losing both starting inside linebackers for the year, and both starting safeties for the last three games which the Steelers needed to win in my opinion would be a better argument than him firing a coach he employed/retained in the first place or replacing a quarterback who was atrocious for three games and who was hoicked mid game in his last start more than a year earlier.

You're entitled to an opinion but don't pretend you have the insights, knowledge and experience of one of the best football coaches in the world.

It may make you feel nice to pick away at your keyboard and I wouldn't take that away from you. I'm sure you live a perfect life and have a job where you execute perfectly according to the information you have at any moment. Coach Tomlin would love to observe you at the office and critique you even though he has NFI what you do or why you do it
He gave you facts and this is what you reply?

We use the argument that TJ is a better choice for DPOY than Garrett because he has better numbers and then present CMC for MVP with half the numbers of Jackson.

We use the argument that TJ is a better choice for DPOY than Garrett because he has better numbers and then present CMC for MVP with half the numbers of Jackson.
Please speak for yourself; that is more than enough on your plate.