• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

New AI can guess whether you're gay or straight from a photograph

Let me guess.. all of a sudden 20% or more of people will be gay, when the real number is more like 1-3%.

"Science"!

Along the lines of AGW. Work backwards from an outcome, curve fit, and call it "science". Disregard the predictive value (approaches zero) entirely.

Sounds like someone is sick and tired of being mistaken for a gay man.

I've always maintained there are chemical/biological factors at work there. Doesn't surprise me if it works.

Gay or European?

John Bishop, on the far right, is one of the funniest comedians on the planet.

Reactions: MTC
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...ether-youre-gay-or-straight-from-a-photograph

Let me guess.. all of a sudden 20% or more of people will be gay, when the real number is more like 1-3%.

"Science"!

Along the lines of AGW. Work backwards from an outcome, curve fit, and call it "science". Disregard the predictive value (approaches zero) entirely.

Who does that? The predictive value of AGW(specifically models) is not in question by anyone outside of those paid by Exxon. Have you been watching the hurricanes and the predictions this season? Those weather models are working pretty good aren't they?

Same type of models.

Who does that? The predictive value of AGW(specifically models) is not in question by anyone outside of those paid by Exxon. Have you been watching the hurricanes and the predictions this season? Those weather models are working pretty good aren't they?

Same type of models.
You have ro be kidding. Those models are laughable.

The biggest factor for that program to determine if someone is gay, is whether or not a dick is in that person's face...

The biggest factor for that program to determine if someone is gay, is whether or not a dick is in that person's face...

Reminds me of an old joke;
"Who had the most home runs in 1973?"
Dave Kingman.
"Who had the most strikeouts in 1973?"
Dave Kingman.
"Who got hit in the face with balls the most times in 1973?"
Liberace.

Very interesting, yeah homosexual men tend to have a different type of voice, dress a certain way, and talk a certain way, but this AI is saying they look a certain way.

I do agree with the coloration ( It matches with the gay men I know ) and think it could be a very dangerous screening process. What could stop a hiring company from using AI to test faiths or even politically alignments?

I know for a fact that Facebook can guess if you are liberal or conservative with 80% accuracy based on what you post or list in your profile.

AI is for real, and some top military generals really worry about it becoming good enough override human decisions. For example, an AI computer might see a high probability for war and recommend a first strike, to be button pushed by humans.