• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

News sources & please contribute.............

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hello everyoine. I see several news sources and would like to put together a compilation of the sources. PLEASE post your reliable / tweener / garbage news sources using one of the descriptions and small reasoning. I'll compile a running list right here and edit / modify once some opinions are stated. THANK each one of YOU

RELIABLE...........

1.). Steelernation.com NO explaination needed best source on the Internet
2.). Cope's active / inactive spread sheet. (Dude nearly batted a 1.000, need link Cope?)
3.). Cope's injury report spread sheet. (Again need link and VERY reliable tracking injuries)
4.). NFL.com. For being their product it's amazing how many mistakes are made on this
5.) Behindthesteelcurtain.com VERY well put together site, variety of information
6.) https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/ pretty wide variety of info, appears well laid out
7.) AAF.com New League home page, full coverage & more sincere than NFL.com
Tweener............

1.) McMillianandwife.com An amazing site but to low traffic. GREAT archive
2.) espn.com an NFL hype machine
3.) Pittsburgh Post Gazette seems a little national but still home town
4.) triblive.com Pittsburgh Tribune more local writers
5.) https://stillcurtain.com/ FAN based but he has some pretty good stuff / predictions
6.) https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ Various topics of entire NFL slight opinionated

Garbage.......

1.) PFF.com rumor mill
2.) NFL network Nothing but a promotion story line for entertainment
3.) Bleacherreport.com wide range NFL but seem to highjack other's stories

BONUS Chat / Podcast(s)

1.) http://www.steelernationforums.com/forumdisplay.php?2-Football-Only MANY with HUGE knowledge

2nd BONUS Draft Sites / Mocks / opinions

1.)

3rd BONUS Free Agent Tracking

1.) https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/ Seems to be a lot like other sites, has filters

PS, PM me if you want, correct my spelling, and **** TB12 lickers

Last edited:
what's the point of this?

Tweener Post Gazette and Tribune

Garbage PFF

Thank you for asking..............................

I could go on and on with bull **** stuff like maybe a new guy here is searching for information and he might find it in one spot, here. I could also say it's for entertainment purposes. One other idea could be that just maybe someone might post a "hidden" news source that is unknown to us and we find another reliable source. Maybe this is just another different kind of thread instead of JUST Antonio Brown & Mike TOMLIN sucks threads that are the same O'l thing over and over.

One thing for sure, if you haven't noticed, it's not designed for those stupid "gifs" that seem to appear everywhere. ( so now that you see this they will start p[opping up here, thank you in advance)

So bottom line OMAR is it is a little different and might not be just designed for you but maybe, just maybe other(s) might find something useful.

Salute the nation

Last edited:
I try to read the 2 or 3 PG chats the reporters do every week. I also check the ESPN app for any breaking type news. Nothing is 100% reliable but I like hearing straight from Pittsburgh resources when possible but they usually have the info after you hear it on ESPN or somewhere else.

I just to come to Steeler Nation for any news.

Is there another source?

Seriously it is a challenge sometimes finding a credible source for "news", whether it be sports or anything in the world around us. Everyone seems to be in it for the hype.

Kudos to DIC in the attempt to find reputable sources of information.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Adam Schefter is the most reliable person in the business. When he says it, it's going to happen 9 times out of 10.[/FONT]

I try to read the 2 or 3 PG chats the reporters do every week. I also check the ESPN app for any breaking type news. Nothing is 100% reliable but I like hearing straight from Pittsburgh resources when possible but they usually have the info after you hear it on ESPN or somewhere else.

Giver me name and web address & I'll post it up

thank you

Salute the nation

Thank you for asking..............................

I could go on and on with bull **** stuff like maybe a new guy here is searching for information and he might find it in one spot, here. I could also say it's for entertainment purposes. One other idea could be that just maybe someone might post a "hidden" news source that is unknown to us and we find another reliable source. Maybe this is just another different kind of thread instead of JUST Antonio Brown & Mike TOMLIN sucks threads that are the same O'l thing over and over.

One thing for sure, if you haven't noticed, it's not designed for those stupid "gifs" that seem to appear everywhere. ( so now that you see this they will start p[opping up here, thank you in advance)

So bottom line OMAR is it is a little different and might not be just designed for you but maybe, just maybe other(s) might find something useful.

Salute the nation

hey, I was just curious, that's all.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Adam Schefter is the most reliable person in the business. When he says it, it's going to happen 9 times out of 10.[/FONT]

ONLY problem CVoach is it's like everything,.......he creates buzz as much as the next and yes I have wittnessed many times to be false. He actually started on two different occasions, false ROETHLISBERGER stories a couple years ago. But you are right he does seem to be a little more reliable than the rest. Shoot me a web address for him and I'll post it

Salute the nation

ONLY problem CVoach is it's like everything,.......he creates buzz as much as the next and yes I have wittnessed many times to be false. He actually started on two different occasions, false ROETHLISBERGER stories a couple years ago. But you are right he does seem to be a little more reliable than the rest. Shoot me a web address for him and I'll post it

Salute the nation

I'll never forget in 2010 when Troy won DPOY and Schefter was tripping over himself to blast the airwaves that he knew, on good authority, Clay Matthews was going to be named DPOY. God that was funny

NO worries and shoot me address of your favorite / reliable site.

Salute the nation

hmmm....well, to be honest, a lot of times if I want to know about a player/team/whatever, I'll simply go to google, type in their name, and press "enter". and if I want to go a little further, i'll click on the "news" tab. and in the past, I've hit up yahoo sports and tmz sports for certain pieces of salacious fodder.

I'll never forget in 2010 when Troy won DPOY and Schefter was tripping over himself to blast the airwaves that he knew, on good authority, Clay Matthews was going to be named DPOY. God that was funny

That is why, regardless of the talking head, I take what ever they say cautiously. Even Merle Hodge had his hayday in the false news business. He's a good analyst, most of the time.

Salute the nation

Reactions: MTC
Isn’t Steelers Depot still active? I know the app isn’t. Haven’t looked for their new app. But they were good in bringing all news links, BS or otherwise, to choose from.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Isn’t Steelers Depot still active? I know the app isn’t. Haven’t looked for their new app. But they were good in bringing all news links, BS or otherwise, to choose from.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Thanks IKE, I use to check that site out regularly but a long time ago. Seems great and wide variety of info / news / teams current stories.

Salute the nation

I find your whole post to be nothing more than RELIABLE, TWEENER information on GARBAGE....

Figured it is important for me to CHAT to you about it as I MOCK you about your OPINION..............

I find your whole post to be nothing more than RELIABLE, TWEENER information on GARBAGE....

Figured it is important for me to CHAT to you about it as I MOCK you about your OPINION..............

WoW, aren't you a live one,......................EAT ****, die, reincarnate as a dung beetle, about covers it............................ did I miss something?????? Oh and thanks for your contribution of knowledge. You're the best..!!!

Salute the nation

Follow all the talking heads on Twitter. You'll get the same inaccurate hot takes and news that you get from web sources, only faster. This site is like Cliff notes for all of it.

WoW, aren't you a live one,......................EAT ****, die, reincarnate as a dung beetle, about covers it............................ did I miss something?????? Oh and thanks for your contribution of knowledge. You're the best..!!!

Salute the nation

Didn't think I had to add sarcasm to that....I was just bored at my desk....

I actually liked your contribution as we wait for the draft....

Didn't think I had to add sarcasm to that....I was just bored at my desk....

I actually liked your contribution as we wait for the draft....

touche, maybe I needed to add sarcasm at the end, but thought the part of knowledge and best would set it out there.............................. J/K.

I hear the boredom speaking as I'm trying to combat and add something a little new here. Do you have any site's you frequent that are reliable news etc..?
pretty sure we will hear something new on the AB note and BELL will be strolling in as well.

Salute the nation