• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

NFL Network Top Ten lists

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I don't take them too seriously --- the comments are from blowhards and media types who have never lifted a weight in their life.

But for the love of Jesus, why do they constantly put comments from the biased former Raiders (Atkinson: "Swann was soft") and are 100% hypocrisy about bad calls going their way and still bitching about the Immaculate Reception and the field conditions of the 1975 AFC Championship. They should thank God that the Steelers were suffering the injury bug in 1976 (after a terrible roughing the QB call got them to the game in the first place) - - else they would have been beat 3 years in a row.

And Mark Madden -- I get he is a shock jock. But he is stupid. When commenting on why Roethlisberger lasted to pick 11 and he had no idea - DAMN. Hell I knew after pick 4 we were taking Ben. Try as they might to hide, insiders get the scoops like Dan Rooney not allowing a Marino **** up repeat of 1983. Every team picking 5-10 had recently drafted a QB in round 1, and the Browns just picked up Jeff Garcia: Butch Davis wasn't going to draft a rookie QB for his successor and he knew he was on the way out. This isn't rocket science.

I could care less about their list selections, just the idiots they populate it with.

Madden is probably the most ignorant "sports" person I've ever heard. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I've seen him a few times and every time I see his stupid *** he is spouting off non-sense.

Madden is probably the most ignorant "sports" person I've ever heard. I don't live in Pittsburgh but I've seen him a few times and every time I see his stupid *** he is spouting off non-sense.
The other thing is that Madden doesn't like the Steelers. Loves the Pens though.

Last edited:
It's all about the entertainment factor, and the fact that the NFL network needs to represent 32 teams, not just the Steelers. They're looking for the best soundbites and the ones that WILL draw out the ire of the fans. How else do you draw interest?

The top 10 Steelers of all time - sure they didn't just include all the Steelers HOFers. They need to appeal to more than just that generation of fans. It's all opinions made to put together an entertaining program, not to be an accurate judgement of who's the better players.

It's all about the entertainment factor, and the fact that the NFL network needs to represent 32 teams, not just the Steelers. They're looking for the best soundbites and the ones that WILL draw out the ire of the fans. How else do you draw interest?

The top 10 Steelers of all time - sure they didn't just include all the Steelers HOFers. They need to appeal to more than just that generation of fans. It's all opinions made to put together an entertaining program, not to be an accurate judgement of who's the better players.

of course you are right. maybe I get enough of my fill of stupid at work.....

of course you are right. maybe I get enough of my fill of stupid at work.....

Madden is a douche. Read some of his stuff on Twitter.

Madden is a douche. Read some of his stuff on Twitter.

You are correct. The easiest way to make these guys go away is to not listen to or comment on anything they say. Imagine the call in lines when no one calls lots of commercials and this idiot would be out of material in 15 min. then silence. For me not interested in what he says in print on the air or any social networking site, he is a complete non entity for me.

By all rights they should have never gotten to the Steelers in '76. They got the gift call on Sugar Bear Hamilton's "roughing" of Stabler in the New England game the prior week. That call might not have been roughing even today, let alone then.

Always cracked me up all the pissing and moaning over the Tuck game 25 years later. Boy, I hate the Raiders.